Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies to Wolves ?

+5
gloswhite
xmiles
Keegan
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Sun Jan 15 2012, 10:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just going through the morning papers and it is reported that the Vicar ( Mick McCarthy ) is looking for a striker in the January transfer window. His two targets are Kenwynne Jones at Stoke and Kevin Davies.

I can't see SuperKev swapping one relegation possibility for another. If he did go it would at least mean that he is still a Wanderer.

2Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Sun Jan 15 2012, 11:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If the money is right and they tell him he will be playing more than what he is now then I doubt he would stick around to be honest.

Plus it seems we won't be renewing his contract in the summer then I imagine the board would accept a bid for him if the price was right.

3Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Sun Jan 15 2012, 12:14

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Pretty much any price is right for a player who isn't going to be renewed - club captain or not, "Super" or not. We get his wages off the books and we get some money? Win-win.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Sun Jan 15 2012, 14:16

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

He has been a great player for us but his form this season has been terrible. I would definitely sell him as he has no future at the club.

5Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty SKD to leave? Sun Jan 15 2012, 14:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Interesting comments about the possibility of Super Kev moving to Wolves. have a look at this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Sun Jan 15 2012, 14:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Out of the frying pan into the fire ?

7Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Sun Jan 15 2012, 14:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's a Nixon story from todays 'People' -

Wolves boss Mick McCarthy is stepping up his search for a new striker – and has earmarked Bolton veteran Kevin Davies as a possible signing.

The 34-year-old target man becomes a free agent this summer and is struggling to hold down a regular place in Owen Coyle’s side.

Although Coyle will be reluctant to sell burly Davies to a club who are also fighting for their Premier League survival, Bolton may struggle to keep him if a decent offer comes in this month.

Hotline revealed last week that Stoke City hitman Kenwyne Jones, 27 is also on McCarthy’s hitlist as he looks to improve his team’s firepower.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope you don't mind Glos but there is already a thread on this - so I'll put the two together for ease of reading all the comments on Davies and the Wolves.

8Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Sun Jan 15 2012, 14:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Cheers Sluffy. I'll pay more attention next time Shocked

9Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Tue Jan 17 2012, 09:13

Send him to Yam land as a double agent, he could poss do more for us playing shit for Wolves than playing relatively shit in a white shirt.

10Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Thu Jan 19 2012, 18:53

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

His times up, he,s no danger to us at wolves.

11Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Thu Jan 19 2012, 18:54

If Davies had some decent service he'd be worth keeping. I can't believe some of the abuse he gets.

12Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Thu Jan 19 2012, 19:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Owen Owen Owen wrote:If Davies had some decent service he'd be worth keeping. I can't believe some of the abuse he gets.

Every player has a shelf life and Davies has reached his expiry date. He wont score enough goals to keep us in the Prem. There is no room for sentiment in football. It's goals that count.

13Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Thu Jan 19 2012, 19:30

Davies is good in the air. Over the last two seasons how many times has a winger put over a cross that Davies could attack. You can count the answer on one hand.

14Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Thu Jan 19 2012, 19:34

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes but even if Davies wins the ball there is no one to follow it up. Route one is alright against the likes of West Ham where Davies can rough up the likes of Upson but he has been relatively ineffective in most of our games this season.

15Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Thu Jan 19 2012, 20:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Owen, Davies was a great player for us but the emphasis is on the was. I wish him well but his performances this season have been dire. He can't even score penalties. If we can sell him it would be good for both him and the club.

16Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Thu Jan 19 2012, 23:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He's been linked with both Wolves and Blackburn this January and in each article there's interestingly been reference to the fact that they're both fellow relegation strugglers and for that reason Coyle may be reluctant to let them go there.

Do any of us really think Davies is going to add anything to any top flight club? If anything, flogging him to fellow relegation strugglers puts us at an advantage, I feel.

17Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Fri Jan 20 2012, 02:55

BWFCinPhila

BWFCinPhila
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Sell him for what you can get for him. This squad needs more fresh blood, preferably on the outside flanks. Veterans than collect splinters in their arses don't bring much value though.

Thanks for your service Kev, but all good things come to an end.

18Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Empty Re: Kevin Davies to Wolves ? Fri Jan 20 2012, 09:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

After seeing the Wolves - Birmingham game the other night I can see why Wolves would want him, McCarthy seems to like a target man so having a choice of Ebanks-blake and Davies probably suits him well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum