You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Kevin Davies

Kevin Davies

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Kevin Davies Empty Kevin Davies on Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:06

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
I'll spend the next seven days praying the impact he made today and on Tuesday night hasn't earned him a start against Fulham.

It's starting to remind me too much of the games leading up to Wigan at home in February.

Coyle - just resist!

2Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
He did have a big impact, and actually so did Eagles they both played very well in limited minutes.

And when they both came on i was thoroughly pissed off... shows what i know.

he will resist IMO.

3Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:12

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'll spend the next seven days praying the impact he made today and on Tuesday night hasn't earned him a start against Fulham.

It's starting to remind me too much of the games leading up to Wigan at home in February.

Coyle - just resist!

Amen.

4Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Kevin Davies must start against Fulham. Not because he's great or because two goals in two games is his greatest achievement in football, but because the alternatives are worse.

Face it, Ngog is the second worst player ever to pull on the white shirt after Mark Davies. He won't score again this season. He can't even put away the simple chances, nevermind anything slightly difficult.

5Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
lol yeah mark davies and Ngog are worse than Blessing Kaku, Mario Jardel and Mikel Alonso.

Act is tiresome.

6Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Mar 31 2012, 20:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:lol yeah mark davies and Ngog are worse than Blessing Kaku, Mario Jardel and Mikel Alonso.

Act is tiresome.

You don't have to take everything so literally HN, it's just my way of stressing how poor they are.

I get annoyed because I actually agree with you somewhat about Mark Davies having talent, but for some reason we hardly ever see it. Frustrating. As for Ngog, that £4m could have been spent on a decent defender or midfielder.

7Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Mar 31 2012, 21:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Mark Davies used his cunning and guile to get us a sneaky penalty. SuperKev is far better coming on as a sub. He's a better impact player than a ninety minute slogger. Ngog hasn't scored many goals but he works hard and I think it's only a matter of time before he gets among the goals.

8Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Mar 31 2012, 21:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:lol yeah mark davies and Ngog are worse than Blessing Kaku, Mario Jardel and Mikel Alonso.

Act is tiresome.

You don't have to take everything so literally HN, it's just my way of stressing how poor they are.

I get annoyed because I actually agree with you somewhat about Mark Davies having talent, but for some reason we hardly ever see it. Frustrating. As for Ngog, that £4m could have been spent on a decent defender or midfielder.

but it's nonsense, taken literally or any other way.

They're both good players, Ngog works his nuts off with absolutely NO service or any true quarterback style midfielder (a la Campo)

every ball to him is too his head, which is definitely not his natural game.

9Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Mar 31 2012, 21:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc
Moderator
Moderator
I thought Ngog won a fair few balls today but sadly Klasnic was nowhere near him when it mattered.

As much I have stook up for Klasnic and slated Davies this season, Klasnic was fucking hopeless but Davies was immense when he came on and had an instant impact.

I still think we are missing a trick by not playing Sordell with Ngog, with Ngogs wortkrate and Sordells pace I think they could work very well together.

10Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Mar 31 2012, 23:15

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Kevin Davies must start against Fulham. Not because he's great or because two goals in two games is his greatest achievement in football, but because the alternatives are worse.

Face it, Ngog is the second worst player ever to pull on the white shirt after Mark Davies. He won't score again this season. He can't even put away the simple chances, nevermind anything slightly difficult.


I love you as a WUM but this post comes dangerously close to your troll alter ego Bolton Hater.

11Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 06:04

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Let's not lose sight of the fact that Kevin Davies and Eagles had an impact against Wolves who are bottom of the league. I doubt they would have the same impact against any other team !

12Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 09:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I love you as a WUM but this post comes dangerously close to your troll alter ego Bolton Hater.

Er, I don't even know what that means. Are you suggesting I am Bolton Hater? You sound like Hipster. I'm sure the mods will confirm I only have one username.

As for Kevin Davies, how is it being a WUM to suggest the player that came on as sub and changed the game gets a starting place next week? You have some strange ideas, are you seeking help?

13Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 10:03

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I love you as a WUM but this post comes dangerously close to your troll alter ego Bolton Hater.

As for Kevin Davies, how is it being a WUM to suggest the player that came on as sub and changed the game gets a starting place next week? You have some strange ideas, are you seeking help?

The last time he started was against Wigan which you quite correctly described as one of the worst games ever with "11 spineless fannys putting in minimum effort". He has had a generally poor season. Why are you so confident that things would be different next week?

You have already admitted that you don't believe Mavies and Ngog are the two worst players to ever play for us. What's the difference between exaggeration and wind up?

14Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 13:17

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'll spend the next seven days praying the impact he made today and on Tuesday night hasn't earned him a start against Fulham.

It's starting to remind me too much of the games leading up to Wigan at home in February.

Coyle - just resist!

Also Amen.

It is working out as an impact sub when the opposition are feeling tired or their heads are down. To think it will translate to a successful 90 mins is silly.

15Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 13:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
The last time he started was against Wigan which you quite correctly described as one of the worst games ever with "11 spineless fannys putting in minimum effort". He has had a generally poor season. Why are you so confident that things would be different next week?

You have already admitted that you don't believe Mavies and Ngog are the two worst players to ever play for us. What's the difference between exaggeration and wind up?

Kevin Davies has scored two goals in two games. Ngog has scored two goals in about 6 months. To stay up we will need to score. Ngog is absolute bobbins and should be dropped. From the top level of a multi-storey car park.

I'm not saying Kevin Davies is brilliant, but you have to pick the players in form. If not Davies then give the £3m benchwarmer Sordell a chance. We will get relegated if Coyle keeps backing Ngog.

16Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We've won our last 3 games scoring 7 goals in the process.

I wouldn't exactly say we were struggling to score.

17Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:42

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
For every argument there is a counter argument. Natasha v Hipster. The Ying v Yang of the football forum.

18Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We've won our last 3 games scoring 7 goals in the process.

I wouldn't exactly say we were struggling to score.

We could have scored 10 without Ngog. You should always be looking to improve your team, even if you are winning.

19Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:45

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
lol just face it nat, you're just looking for something to moan about.

if we win 3-0 you want it to be 4-0.

I agree about improving the team but in a relegation scrap with limited games, chopping and changing a winning team is just silly IMO.

and guess what if he did change the team and we lost, you'd be the first on here whining that he did.

20Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:lol just face it nat, you're just looking for something to moan about.

if we win 3-0 you want it to be 4-0.

I agree about improving the team but in a relegation scrap with limited games, chopping and changing a winning team is just silly IMO.

and guess what if he did change the team and we lost, you'd be the first on here whining that he did.

We have won the games despite Ngog, not because of him. We paid £4m for this mug to hit the bar when it was easier to score. I'm all for giving players a chance, but I bet Sordell would have 8 goals if he'd been given the game time that Ngog has.

21Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:47

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Too many variables to make a straightforward case either way. It could be argued:
* BKD is hungrier now he isn't automatically selected so we should treat him mean to keep him keen
* Ngog made Alonso's goal (still trying to get over Alonso scoring) and when we have other players around him he has the touch to be useful
* If we're playing 442 we still haven't tried all the permutations up front and we don't know the best combo as yet
* I we play 451 or 4141 the 1 has to be Ngog for his work rate in chasing lost causes - although Sordell might be able to do that
...it goes on.
But I think it comes down to something far simpler. Basically we have phases of the game when OC is willing to commit extra bodies forward. When we have midfielders joining the attack we look threatening and whichever strikers are on the park will have a chance of scoring. At the same time, this approach is our Achilles heel. We don't have the pace or quality at the back to deal with counterattacks. Yesterday for instance, having scraped through the first half without conceding (and having everyone behind the ball) we opened up for the first 20 minutes of the second half and looked the likelier to score - and sure enough the first time Wolves had some decent possession they walked through us and scored. We need holding/screening midfielders to protect our weak defence - which means we can't commit too many players forward (without risk) and that's what gives us our dilemma with the strikers who need lots of support. So OC has a simple choice to make: play 1 up front and be more secure at the back but offer little threat or commit players. Whoever is selected as striker has no choice but to work their nuts off in the hope that they'll get support and that will be the case until either we find a scoring partnership to justify a 442 or we get a skilled and pacy back 4 that doesn't need shielding.
Wigan seem to have found a way around this problem by playing 3 CBs and going narrow when the wingbacks - who have licence to attack - are upfield. Effectively its a 532 when they don't have possession and a 343 or 334 when they do depending on how many midfielders are also pushed on. Perhaps we should try it?

22Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:50

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:lol just face it nat, you're just looking for something to moan about.

if we win 3-0 you want it to be 4-0.

I agree about improving the team but in a relegation scrap with limited games, chopping and changing a winning team is just silly IMO.

and guess what if he did change the team and we lost, you'd be the first on here whining that he did.

We have won the games despite Ngog, not because of him. We paid £4m for this mug to hit the bar when it was easier to score. I'm all for giving players a chance, but I bet Sordell would have 8 goals if he'd been given the game time that Ngog has.

rubbish I'm afraid, Ngog has played a big part in our wins, his tireless work chasing balls and his good hold up play (not his natural game) have been very important.

everything else is a what if.

23Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
* Ngog made Alonso's goal (still trying to get over Alonso scoring) and when we have other players around him he has the touch to be useful

Ngog created Alonso's goal because he missed a sitter himself. It's time to stop making excuses for this overpaid ponce and admit Liverpool sold us a 'Carroll'.

24Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

rubbish I'm afraid, Ngog has played a big part in our wins, his tireless work chasing balls and his good hold up play (not his natural game) have been very important.

everything else is a what if.

I could run around for 90 minutes putting in lots of effort, and I'm guessing so could Sordell. But he's likely to chip in with a few goals (as am I).

25Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

rubbish I'm afraid, Ngog has played a big part in our wins, his tireless work chasing balls and his good hold up play (not his natural game) have been very important.

everything else is a what if.

I could run around for 90 minutes putting in lots of effort, and I'm guessing so could Sordell. But he's likely to chip in with a few goals (as am I).

Maybe, but it's a what if, he might be absolutely crap, which you would be the first to point out after 3 minutes and his first missed sitter.

At the moment the team is winning and Ngog is a part of it. Unless he starts to hurt us, thats the way it should stay.

26Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

Maybe, but it's a what if, he might be absolutely crap, which you would be the first to point out after 3 minutes and his first missed sitter.

At the moment the team is winning and Ngog is a part of it. Unless he starts to hurt us, thats the way it should stay.

You really are Mr Cautious. Do you iron your underpants?

27Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's called common sense. (not ironing my pants before you say that)

28Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I take it you do iron your underpants.

29Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Why would you want to know that?

30Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 01 2012, 16:58

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I agree with a lot of wanderlust's comments but would be reluctant to go with 3 CBs if one of them was Knight. Ream/Wheater/Ricketts might work but I can't really see Coyle taking this kind of gamble.

If we play 442 against Fulham I would prefer to start with Sordell and Ngog and have both Klasnic and Davies on the bench as both of them seem to be impact subs rather than 90 minute players unfortunately.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum