Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies

+11
Keegan
gloswhite
wanderlust
jayjay23
Dunkels King
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

41Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 16:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:How can you seriously think he is back to his best after two late sub appearances?

How do you know he's not? He took his goal against Wolves like Lionel Messi.

42Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 16:04

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
How do you know he's not? He took his goal against Wolves like Lionel Messi.

I don't "know he's not", it's just my opinion.

But as the person agitating for change, the onus is on you to put together a convincing reason to bring him back into the team, all you've said so far is that he's scored 2 goals and likened him to Messi. So one step forward and one step back in your campaign.

43Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 16:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I don't "know he's not", it's just my opinion.

But as the person agitating for change, the onus is on you to put together a convincing reason to bring him back into the team, all you've said so far is that he's scored 2 goals and likened him to Messi. So one step forward and one step back in your campaign.

Surely you will agree Ngog looks as likely to score as Graham Norton would in that position. I don't know his exact record, but it must be something like 3 in 20 games. And I know you're now going to throw the "he works so hard" card at me, but I'd rather have some goals than someone working hard.

There are no guarantees, but Davies is scoring goals, we should give him the chance to continue.

** I should say I wouldn't pick him on Saturday

44Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 16:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The reason he had such a good impact against Wolves, IMO, was because he was used in the right way.

Impact off the bench for the last 15-20 minutes.

45Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 16:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha, you can't convince me that Kevin Davies is a goal machine with his goals to games return after watching him play for 8 seasons, just as you can't convince me he is in form after a season of diabolical performances based on his last 30 minutes of action.

As Hipster says, you want whoever isn't in the team to play. Are you still suggesting we should drop Adam Bogdan, or am I a week out of date with the Whittam master plan?

46Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 18:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Natasha, you can't convince me that Kevin Davies is a goal machine with his goals to games return after watching him play for 8 seasons, just as you can't convince me he is in form after a season of diabolical performances based on his last 30 minutes of action.

As Hipster says, you want whoever isn't in the team to play. Are you still suggesting we should drop Adam Bogdan, or am I a week out of date with the Whittam master plan?

As usualy you're going overboard with my comments. I didn't say Davies was a goal machine, simply that for him he was in good goalscoring form. And I notice you avoided my question about Ngog, do you admit he's useless?

47Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 18:27

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:The reason he had such a good impact against Wolves, IMO, was because he was used in the right way.

Impact off the bench for the last 15-20 minutes.

The reason he had an impact is because Wolves are the worst team in the Premier League. Having said that, I would rather he did come on with 15 minutes left than get a full game at the moment. I think if he only gets 15 minutes he can increase his work rate rather than plodding for 90 minutes.

48Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 19:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets not forget Wolves battered us for 50 minutes.

They weren't playing like "the worst team in the league"

after the penalty Davies took a lot of the pressure off for us.

49Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 19:43

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
As usualy you're going overboard with my comments. I didn't say Davies was a goal machine, simply that for him he was in good goalscoring form. And I notice you avoided my question about Ngog, do you admit he's useless?

You didn't ask me a question about Ngog.

50Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 19:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, you're right. I did write it then had to go into a meeting and didn't post it. My apologies.

51Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 04 2012, 21:28

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Lets not forget Wolves battered us for 50 minutes.

They weren't playing like "the worst team in the league"

after the penalty Davies took a lot of the pressure off for us.

You're right to a certain extent but Wolves are bottom of the league so they are currently the worst team, and their recent form of one win and five defeats in their last six games backs that up. I remember years ago we battered Bristol Rovers in Bath but we still couldn't score that day despite having over 20 corners. They defended well, and that is what we did against Wolves, plus they really must be crap if they could only put one goal in against one of the worst defences in the league, as in us.

52Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 11 2012, 03:05

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

OK, so we're back to that stage where we're worrying that because Kevin's had an OK short period of a game, there's danger of him being in the starting line up for the following match.

Here's why he shouldn't start against Swansea despite a surprisingly decent first half against Newcastle...

He's like a bad smell that won't go away, for want of a kinder way of describing a player that's been great for the club in his time. When you think he couldn't get less useful if he tried, he gives a ballsy 10 to 30 minute performance, but doesn't back it up with a similar show in the following match in which he's been rewarded a proper opportunity. He looks lively for ten minute periods against Arsenal and Norwich, but the cost of his selection against Wigan the following week is arguably three points. He has a positive impact at Wolves, for which he's rewarded the entire second half against Fulham and he's completely ineffective.

So these periods in which Davies shows signs of promise can do more harm than good.

Would you keep him in the side to face Swansea?

53Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 11 2012, 09:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I wouldn't start him but I have a horrible feeling that Coyle will.

54Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 11 2012, 12:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

doffcocker wrote:

So these periods in which Davies shows signs of promise can do more harm than good.

Would you keep him in the side to face Swansea?

Not sure about Swansea but I think he's a cert against Villa next Tuesday, by all accounts he was our MOTM on Monday so I can't see OC dropping him after that. Plus we know Sordell isn't going to get a game so I would probably stick with Davies over Ngog at the moment, though neither offer much in terms of goal threat.

The only change I can see happening for the Villa game is Eagles out and Ryo in to be honest.

55Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 11 2012, 13:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The season is almost over and Coyle still doesn't know who his best forward is. His leading scorer is on the bench, his record signing is shite, his almost record signing hasn't started a single game, and his captain is past it.

It's called not knowing your arse from your elbow and why he should have been sacked months ago.

56Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 11 2012, 15:40

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So how do you think starting Kevin Davies worked out, Natasha, seeing as you were calling for it on here?

57Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 11 2012, 15:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:So how do you think starting Kevin Davies worked out, Natasha, seeing as you were calling for it on here?

I don't blame Davies for our recent defeats, the support from midfield is woeful. Hence why you're better with a player like Sordell who is more likely to create something from nothing.

58Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 11 2012, 15:58

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And if Sordell comes on and has a stinker.... guess who'll be the first person on here calling him a "fanny" and the worst player ever to pull on the shirt.

yep, you guessed it WUM

59Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 11 2012, 16:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:And if Sordell comes on and has a stinker.... guess who'll be the first person on here calling him a "fanny" and the worst player ever to pull on the shirt.

yep, you guessed it WUM

I'd give him at least 30 minutes.

60Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Wed Apr 11 2012, 20:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Lucky boy, what about the football ? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic