Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies

+11
Keegan
gloswhite
wanderlust
jayjay23
Dunkels King
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

81Kevin Davies - Page 5 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 22 2012, 02:08

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He bought Sordell for next season. He is ten years younger than Klasnic and Davies, will be on around half their pay, and has a resale value. He was available for the right price in January so he was signed. I don't see what the big mystery is. I'd like to see a bit more of him, but some of the comments on this thread which have written him off are bizarre.

82Kevin Davies - Page 5 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 22 2012, 08:45

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think most of us are writing SKD off not Sordell. How could we write Sordell off, as we haven't seen him play?

83Kevin Davies - Page 5 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 22 2012, 08:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:He bought Sordell for next season. He is ten years younger than Klasnic and Davies, will be on around half their pay, and has a resale value. He was available for the right price in January so he was signed. I don't see what the big mystery is. I'd like to see a bit more of him, but some of the comments on this thread which have written him off are bizarre.

Largehat, no one minds someone talking bollocks, but it's the way you phrase things that makes you a bellend. You talk like you're Owen Coyle's right hand man.

I doubt very much any manager stuck in the bottom five plans for next season because the chances of him being there are limited. Isn't it more likely Sordell was a panic buy and Coyle has since realised he's shite?

84Kevin Davies - Page 5 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 22 2012, 12:06

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think the Sordell issue is pretty simple really,

We play 4-5-1, so its either SKD or N'gog up front because players like Klas and (from what ive heard about him) Sordell don't play in that role (or at least the way we play 4-5-1 where the lone striker usually has no support.)

And Coyle doesn't want to bring him on as a late sub because hes still only 21 and lets be honest he isn't a world beater, we got him off Watford.. this isn't the Sturridge situation and comparisons arn't fair.

Don't know if its the right call or not but Coyle obviously doesnt think he could cope in this relegation battle and have the composure we saw from Klas in the QPR game under such pressure, I think if we had got him in summer we would have seen a lot more of him.

I dont think hes not playing because hes crap.

Someone who has scored 27 goals in the championship before he was 20 can't be crap.

85Kevin Davies - Page 5 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 22 2012, 12:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:I think everyone wants to see Sordell given a chance but for one reason or another coyle just doesn't want to put him in the team.

I can't help think he just isn't cutting it in training in mid week.

This was what people assumed about Tuncay and I personally don't buy it.

If the players that have been given chance after chance (such as Eagles, Pratley, KDavies, Klasnic) are examples of players that do look decent in training, then I'd argue that how well a player performs in training evidently isn't an efficient basis on which to judge them.

Bottom line for me is if Sordell isn't better than Davies now, he isn't ever gonna be good enough.

Agree with Doff. I hate the "bad in training" fallacy, it's a nonsense argument.

Even if he is tripping over his laces in training, what does that tell us about the others? That they're world beaters in training, yet perform consistently at a low level on match day.

Sorry, but matches are more important than training.

86Kevin Davies - Page 5 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 22 2012, 12:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And mixing the starting X1 up might get rid of any complacency in the regulars.

87Kevin Davies - Page 5 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 22 2012, 14:51

Bolton Nuts

Admin

aaron_bwfc wrote:Sordell looks pissed off whenever I have seen him at half time of warming up during games.

He was playing regulary at Watford and making a name for himself at U21 level, Coyle comes along with the advice of a manager in the championship, signs him and keeps him locked away like some secret weapon North korea have been working on for years.

Speaking of Korea - I was sat with them at the game yesterday, the entire National team. They looked bored to death.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

88Kevin Davies - Page 5 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:08

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:He bought Sordell for next season. He is ten years younger than Klasnic and Davies, will be on around half their pay, and has a resale value. He was available for the right price in January so he was signed. I don't see what the big mystery is. I'd like to see a bit more of him, but some of the comments on this thread which have written him off are bizarre.

Largehat, no one minds someone talking bollocks, but it's the way you phrase things that makes you a bellend. You talk like you're Owen Coyle's right hand man.

I doubt very much any manager stuck in the bottom five plans for next season because the chances of him being there are limited. Isn't it more likely Sordell was a panic buy and Coyle has since realised he's shite?

The signing of Sordell is completely consistent with Coyle's remit to lower the average age of the squad, lower the wage bill, and not lump us with late-20s/early-30s players who have no resale value.

While I accept Coyle's remit is also to keep us in the PL, clearly he felt, in January, he could do that with the resources available.

And there you have it, you've described him as shite and you've never seen him play. That's the type of comment I describe as bizarre.

89Kevin Davies - Page 5 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

And there you have it, you've described him as shite and you've never seen him play. That's the type of comment I describe as bizarre.

As you well know I didn't say he was shite, I actually suspect the opposite.

I get where you're coming from, but I just don't believe a team £110m in debt and in the bottom three of the PL would spend £3m on a player for the future.

90Kevin Davies - Page 5 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You just wrote "Coyle has since realised he's shite". How is that not saying he's shite?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum