Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies

+12
largehat
terenceanne
gloswhite
wanderlust
jayjay23
Natasha Whittam
Keegan
Angry Dad
Lofty_Love
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Kevin Davies Empty Kevin Davies Sun May 06 2012, 17:10

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Missed chances, stiff and generally uncomfortable with the ball at his feet, link up play virtually non-existent, reluctant to pressurise when West Brom had the ball, most headers won were straight to West Brom or thin air...
In summary, another game in which Kevin Davies was beyond ineffective, and one that he arguably wouldn't have played if not for his tap-ins against Sunderland.

In his defence, everyone but Clueless could see he was knackered long before the hour mark and would have brought him off instead of Ngog who was miles sharper.

So as suggested could be the case in another thread, we're now arguably paying the price for Kevin's goals at Sunderland.

2Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun May 06 2012, 17:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't agree, don't think it needs a new thread every time either.

I do agree with your last point that he needed replaced, Whether your a Davo fan or not i think everyone agrees he shouldn't be playing for 90 minutes.

3Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun May 06 2012, 17:58

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If davies was fucked which was quite clear bfore ngog was even taken off, then why doesn't anyone working on the coaching team or coyle himself see the obvious?

Petrov was you could argue quite tired but was by no means the guy anyone apart from coyle would have taken off i'm sure, he was the only winger who offered anything in the game.

For me if klasnic was going to come on it should have been for davies.

4Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun May 06 2012, 18:02

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

this result was nothing to do with davies...

talk about a grudge!

other performances were far worse

5Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun May 06 2012, 18:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I probably hate Zat Knight as much as you hate Davies, BTW Zat was fcuking SHIT when he came on, but i don't do a new thread every-time.

6Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun May 06 2012, 18:30

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't hate Davies and the fact people have to imply that because they aren't intelligent enough to accept different interpretations of the game and/or build a reasonable counter argument comforts me.

It calls for a new thread because his being in the team is the topic of far more debate than most if not every other player, AND he really was that awful. I sit with somebody that isn't a Bolton fan and even he found Davies infuriating. I could start a thread about the second worst player but who'd disagree that Zat Knight's a joke.

It's also wrong to see this is an attack solely aimed at Davies, when it's partly to do with Coyle's use of him.

7Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun May 06 2012, 18:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I don't hate Davies and the fact people have to imply that because they aren't intelligent enough to accept different interpretations of the game and/or build a reasonable counter argument comforts me.

It calls for a new thread because his being in the team is the topic of far more debate than most if not every other player, AND he really was that awful. I sit with somebody that isn't a Bolton fan and even he found Davies infuriating. I could start a thread about the second worst player but who'd disagree that Zat Knight's a joke.

It's also wrong to see this is an attack solely aimed at Davies, when it's partly to do with Coyle's use of him.

Laughing

It's nothing to with being "intelligent" i've posted my "counter argument" numerous times.

Davies does a few things very well, his flick ons, he wins the majority of them, making a nuisance of himself, and cleverly winning us free kicks in the opo's half of the pitch.

yet again today, he did all three, and he did them to a good standard.

I will concede today he tired badly and should have been replaced though.

When people expect Davies to be doing things he can't thats where the disappointment comes in.

It's a bit like Nat with Ngog, she wants him to be beating 3 or 4 people and chipping in world class goals. Sorry, not going to happen.

8Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun May 06 2012, 18:51

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Stop fucking moaning about KD he is doing what his body lets him its coyle thats the problem.

9Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun May 06 2012, 18:51

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'll be delighted to see the back of Zat Knight when he goes in the summer. He is a huge lump of useless. Davo contributed very little during the course of the game in my humble opinion. He got off a pretty good header on goal, but that was about it. Who told the players to drop back and defend? Who made changes geared towards attacking inspite of telling the team to defend? OC is pretty good at pointing fingers, but he needs to take a long, hard look at himself and admit that he has contributed a great deal to the mess that we are in at present.

Last edited by Keegan on Mon May 07 2012, 17:40; edited 1 time in total

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

10Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun May 06 2012, 19:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When you're 2-1 up with 15 minutes to go you need attackers who can harry the opposition - the perfect time to bring Sordell on. 15 minutes to run himself silly. But no, he's not even a fucking sub!

Coyle, you are a clueless wanker.

11Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun May 06 2012, 21:59

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yes Davies was crap today - but come on doffcocker stop moaning, he is a legend at Bolton and you need to accept that!

12Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Mon May 07 2012, 09:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Klasnic let us down yesterday by poor control and giving the ball away when we were under pressure. If he could just have held it up a bit to get support it might have been a different outcome but he turned it over within seconds every time he got it. BKD was no better but at least he got on the end of a few things even if his finishing wasn't great.

13Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Mon May 07 2012, 10:37

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

How come kd is rubbished on here for yesterdays game yet the sun have him as dream star man.

14Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Mon May 07 2012, 13:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

His reputation, (prolonged by the out-of-touch media)

15Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Mon May 07 2012, 14:56

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree with Doffcocker 100%
Not blaming SKD personally for the game of course. But it's amazing how many people think he is still a Premier League Striker at 35 years old.
In the big picture it's all part of why clubs like ours struggle. Can't cut the cord on a fan favorite and end up keeping players well beyond their sell by date.
Would any of the top six clubs have SKD even in their reserve team....nope. It might be fitting for SKD to lead us into the Championship next weekend....it might take that to finally get bout !!!!

16Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Mon May 07 2012, 15:01

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

well to be fair since Davies has scored 7, 1 less than our 'best finisher', I think hes doing ok.

I don't think anyone believes hes what he once was, but we don't exactly have the greatest strike force to pick from.

17Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Mon May 07 2012, 15:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:well to be fair since Davies has scored 7, 1 less than our 'best finisher', I think hes doing ok.

I don't think anyone believes hes what he once was, but we don't exactly have the greatest strike force to pick from.

This sums it up for me, just because people defend him, doesn't mean they think he's brilliant, they don't.

For me anyway, i just don't see the point of pointing out his obvious flaws every game when others are equally as flawed.

18Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Mon May 07 2012, 16:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You say he's got his strengths and weaknesses and should therefore be no more in the firing line than any other player, but that all depends on how you value his strengths and weaknesses. From where I'm standing, you exaggerate, even invent his strengths and make them sound more influential than they are whilst you paper over the cracks, but from your point of view I do the same with his flaws and over-exaggerate them as problems.

19Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Mon May 07 2012, 18:52

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

[quote="Hipster_Nebula"]
Lofty_Love wrote:

For me anyway, i just don't see the point of pointing out his obvious flaws every game when others are equally as flawed.

I'll say what the point is...

Myself and Doffcocker are not keen on Davies in general terms - we see things as weaknesses which other people tend to gloss over. The thing is, the people who gloss over his weaknesses are also the people who, after he scored 2 goals, thought he should be straight back in the start 11. Rightly or wrongly of them they thought his strengths outweighed his weaknesses where Doffcocker and I tend to think that a good game for Davies is more of a lucky game than anything else - and for saying that we get shot down - but then when he has 2 pretty crap 90 mins where he doesn't get subbed (on the strength of his recent "heroics" - which we predicted) you act like we are not allowed to point it out - and you also act like you knew he was a weak link all along - when really you were just as up for him starting recent games as Coyle was.

20Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Mon May 07 2012, 19:00

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Watching the game, it dawned on me just clumsy he has become. He has never been the most graceful of players, but some of his touches were just unfortunate. Even if he scores a hattrick to lead us to victory and ultimately to secure our position in The Barclays Premier League™ for another season, I still think his time is up.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum