Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies

+13
jayjay23
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
doffcocker
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
xmiles
chris_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Hip Priest
MartinBWFC
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Kevin Davies Empty Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 01:50

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What exactly does he offer us these days? honestly I appreciate his loyalty, but he offers nothing to the team anymore, and despite todays win I still have Coyle down as a useless fucker, players out of position, and all that, make no mistake Wednesday are worse than Watford and Derby, and take into account we got drilled by Birmingham who got dicked by Barnsley, then that gives you an idea of where we are at, and that is mid table at best.

2Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 03:37

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree entirely. Great servant 'n all that but we've gotta move on.
Offers nothing. We should be starting every week with 2 out of 3 from N'gog, Sordell and Afobe. Pace up front would change our game entirely,make us less predictable and more potent. It ain't gonna happen though,he's club captain and can't seem to do anything wrong in Clueless's eyes. If we do get promoted are we gonna be playing in the PL with a 37yr BFSKD, it looks that way. Rolling Eyes

3Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 11:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree that Davies is past it, but the problem is none of the other strikers have stepped up and looked the part. They've all had chances and 95% of them have ended up high, wide and shite.

Ngog is just useless in front of goal, he makes David Reeves look like Ronaldo.

4Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 11:08

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

To be honest I am sick of this Davies bashing every week.

He offers nothing? What, apart from winning nearly every header when the ball his hit long, being the only striker who has more than one goal this season. Ngog can't hit a barn door from a yard at the moment and Coyle keeps putting Afobe and Sordell on the bench.

5Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 11:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:To be honest I am sick of this Davies bashing every week.

He offers nothing? What, apart from winning nearly every header when the ball his hit long, being the only striker who has more than one goal this season. Ngog can't hit a barn door from a yard at the moment and Coyle keeps putting Afobe and Sordell on the bench.

Agree.

6Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 12:48

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

aaron_bwfc wrote:To be honest I am sick of this Davies bashing every week.

Hear Hear!

7Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 13:24

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:I agree that Davies is past it, but the problem is none of the other strikers have stepped up and looked the part. They've all had chances and 95% of them have ended up high, wide and shite.

Ngog is just useless in front of goal, he makes David Reeves look like Ronaldo.

What chance has Sordell had? Why did Coyle spend £4m on a striker he never picks? It's not as if we score a lot of goals and Ngog is never going to be prolific given the number of chances he misses.

8Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 13:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

What chance has Sordell had? Why did Coyle spend £4m on a striker he never picks? It's not as if we score a lot of goals and Ngog is never going to be prolific given the number of chances he misses.

Sordell has had plenty of game time this season and looked average at best.

Perhaps if he'd put club before country he wouldn't find himself 10th choice striker.

9Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 14:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

haha shut up Nat.

Sordell has done more IMO than Ngog and Afobe put together and finds himself in the stands.

10Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 14:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:haha shut up Nat.

Sordell has done more IMO than Ngog and Afobe put together and finds himself in the stands.

I agree he should be in front of Afobe & Ngog, but he only has himself to blame.

11Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 14:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No he doesn't you idiot!

12Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 14:33

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Move on or stay the same ..... that's all there is to it.

Strikers need a few games to get sharp....in & out .....subbed..... 10 minutes at the end of a game does not work. Sordell is three games away from match fitness let alone scoring touch.

If we get promoted .... do people really want to go into next season with a 48 year old plodder? Presuming the answer is no ....then make the changes now and live with it.

13Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 14:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:No he doesn't you idiot!

Please don't abuse me or I'll tell.

If Sordell hadn't gone to the Paralympics he'd have had a full pre-season with the squad and would know our style better.

14Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 15:06

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Sordell injured at the moment ? He wasn't even on the bench yesterday. Davies is playing ok but he isn't getting any younger.

15Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 15:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:No he doesn't you idiot!

Please don't abuse me or I'll tell.

If Sordell hadn't gone to the Paralympics he'd have had a full pre-season with the squad and would know our style better.

Disrespectful.

And i'll repeat, he's played better than Ngog and Afobe this season so you clutching at the old straws now.

16Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 15:53

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

At least Ngog is in a position to score ..... check the replay ....you'll find SKD is nowhere to be seen on those near misses.

Just imagine how many Klasnic would have put away at this point ..... it's the balance of putting in a good ol shift against actually scoring goals and getting points. SKD is not a goal poacher.....and since we have one (in theory at least) with Sordell it makes sense to give him a shot at least. Sordell has a proven goalscoring record at this level so ..... it's Sordell & Ngog for me up front for a few games. If it flops then we know where we stand.

17Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 16:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Supposing the idea that Davies has won virtually every header expected of him is accurate (from my observations, it isn't), it isn't necessarily of enough use, not necessarily through any fault of Davies himself. He heads the ball...big deal! Wouldn't people rather we pick strikers because they've got pace and/or trickery? How often do you see Davies pick up the ball and run with it? Where the younger players would use their time and space ahead to counter, Davies dilly-dallies before playing a basic pass, by which point the opposition has had time to regroup defensively.
As for him having scored one or even two goals more than any other striker, it could have something to do with him having had twice as much game time as any of them.

18Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 17:19

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:Supposing the idea that Davies has won virtually every header expected of him is accurate (from my observations, it isn't), it isn't necessarily of enough use, not necessarily through any fault of Davies himself. He heads the ball...big deal! Wouldn't people rather we pick strikers because they've got pace and/or trickery? How often do you see Davies pick up the ball and run with it? Where the younger players would use their time and space ahead to counter, Davies dilly-dallies before playing a basic pass, by which point the opposition has had time to regroup defensively.
As for him having scored one or even two goals more than any other striker, it could have something to do with him having had twice as much game time as any of them.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

19Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 19:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Wouldn't people rather we pick strikers because they've got pace and/or trickery?

When was the last time a Bolton striker used pace and trickery to score a goal? Nathan Blake in the 90's perhaps?

20Kevin Davies Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sun Sep 23 2012, 20:03

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably Elmander lets be honest.

he scored some cracking goals, just not enough of them.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum