Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kevin Davies

+11
Keegan
gloswhite
wanderlust
jayjay23
Dunkels King
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 19:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Dear me, was he useless today or was he useless?

Good one, Coyle!

62Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 19:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sadly he can't lead the line on his own like he used to, why coyle couldn't see it at half time god only knows.

63Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 19:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think he was useless tbh, it depends what you're looking for him to do.

he won almost every header he was asked to today and provided a bit of blood and guts up front.

the sad thing is our midfield that used to support Davo so manfully under BSA are almost totally anonymous nowadays, so even good work by Davo appears to be wasteful.

remember the days of Stelios and Nolan bombing on, honestly i would kill to have Gareth Farelly, Per Frandsen, Paul Warhurst, Michael Johansson. All energy, all the time.

64Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 20:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:provided a bit of blood and guts up front.

The complete opposite is true, in my opinion. I couldn't believe how many times a ball was his to chase and he didn't bother. And the fans think he's this rock that gives 100%.

He was also using their centre halves as climbing frames. The complaining from him and the fans each time he basically flattened one of them was embarrassing.

65Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 21:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well i won't argue, but i know you dislike Kev with a passion, so i think you're slightly OTT with your critisism.

he isn't what he once was, he certainly can't provide what he once did.

but he definitely wins the majority of aimless balls smashed his way, he definitely doesn't get the kind of support he used to enjoy. Not chasing down balls that are pumped over his head? So be it, Klasnic doesn't do it either, Ngog does, but when i flagged that up as a positive i was told "whats the point of him doing that?"

I agree he's a spent force, but you can't blame him for being selected.

All just my opinion of course.

66Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 21:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I also think we should remember the good times he gave us, and not batter him too much for his loss of form, which you rightly point out, isn't all down to him.

67Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think we have to accept the reality that SKD is no longer a top flight centre forward. His lack of goals prove it. He has been a great player for us over the years and without a shadow of doubt he has been our talisman in the John McGinlay mould. SKD is now 34 and no longer has the pace to worry top class defenders plus defenders have sussed out his game.

I would never slag SKD off but there is no room for sentimentality in top flight football. Everyone has a shelf life unfortunately. It's time to see what we bought Sordell for.

68Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Nicely put.

69Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think everyone wants to see Sordell given a chance but for one reason or another coyle just doesn't want to put him in the team.

I can't help think he just isn't cutting it in training in mid week.

70Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Makes me wonder just how bad an England U21 must be, not to get into Owen Coyle's star-studded team Mad

71Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here is the puzzle. Sordell was scoring goals in the Championship for Watford and that's why we bought him. Sordell played against Swansea last season in the Championship so today should surely have been an opportunity to give him a run out ?

My only question would be why the fcuk have we paid £4 million for him if we aint going to play him ?

72Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:I think everyone wants to see Sordell given a chance but for one reason or another coyle just doesn't want to put him in the team.

I can't help think he just isn't cutting it in training in mid week.

This was what people assumed about Tuncay and I personally don't buy it.

If the players that have been given chance after chance (such as Eagles, Pratley, KDavies, Klasnic) are examples of players that do look decent in training, then I'd argue that how well a player performs in training evidently isn't an efficient basis on which to judge them.

Bottom line for me is if Sordell isn't better than Davies now, he isn't ever gonna be good enough.

73Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

yes, but in who's opinion?

74Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Coyle bought Wheater then continued to prefer bloody Knight to him.

Haven't a clue why he bought Sordell if he wanted to continue with Ngog, Davies and Klasnic (and Tuncay) in front of him?

We were crying out for a midfield general and Coyle bought a bench warming striker?

Seems he wasn't even his first choice - weren't we after Wilfred Zaha from Palace and he/they turned us down first.

He even asked Malky Mackay about Sordell - I get the feeling that Coyle has been stitched up like a kipper on this transfer.

Coyle is a disaster on so many levels it is untrue.

75Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Coyle is so totally clueless I think he will probably start SKD against Aston Villa.

76Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Coyle is so totally clueless I think he will probably start SKD against Aston Villa.

I think it would be a waste of time playing SKD against Villa. Collins aways seems to have SKD well covered. Villa are missing Richard Dunne so it's got to be time to play Sordell.

77Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:58

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:
xmiles wrote:Coyle is so totally clueless I think he will probably start SKD against Aston Villa.

I think it would be a waste of time playing SKD against Villa. Collins aways seems to have SKD well covered. Villa are missing Richard Dunne so it's got to be time to play Sordell.

But as you, me and everybody else apart from OC knows, we should have played Sordell today.

78Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:yes, but in who's opinion?

Do you seriously think a 21 year old who at this moment in time is worse than Klasnic, Davies and Ngog has the potential to be a good player?

OK, we don't know that's the case, but Coyle obviously thinks those three players are better options, so Coyle's ballsed up in one way or another - whether that balls up is not playing him, or for buying him in the first place remains to be seen.

79Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

doffcocker wrote:
gloswhite wrote:yes, but in who's opinion?

Do you seriously think a 21 year old who at this moment in time is worse than Klasnic, Davies and Ngog has the potential to be a good player?

OK, we don't know that's the case, but Coyle obviously thinks those three players are better options, so Coyle's ballsed up in one way or another - whether that balls up is not playing him, or for buying him in the first place remains to be seen.

Doffcocker you are being too generous to OC. What makes you think he hasn't screwed up by buying him (instead of a midfield captain) and by not playing him?

80Kevin Davies - Page 4 Empty Re: Kevin Davies Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sordell looks pissed off whenever I have seen him at half time of warming up during games.

He was playing regulary at Watford and making a name for himself at U21 level, Coyle comes along with the advice of a manager in the championship, signs him and keeps him locked away like some secret weapon North korea have been working on for years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum