Kevin Davies

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

61Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 19:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Dear me, was he useless today or was he useless?

Good one, Coyle!

62Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 19:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc
Sadly he can't lead the line on his own like he used to, why coyle couldn't see it at half time god only knows.

63Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 19:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't think he was useless tbh, it depends what you're looking for him to do.

he won almost every header he was asked to today and provided a bit of blood and guts up front.

the sad thing is our midfield that used to support Davo so manfully under BSA are almost totally anonymous nowadays, so even good work by Davo appears to be wasteful.

remember the days of Stelios and Nolan bombing on, honestly i would kill to have Gareth Farelly, Per Frandsen, Paul Warhurst, Michael Johansson. All energy, all the time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

64Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 20:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:provided a bit of blood and guts up front.

The complete opposite is true, in my opinion. I couldn't believe how many times a ball was his to chase and he didn't bother. And the fans think he's this rock that gives 100%.

He was also using their centre halves as climbing frames. The complaining from him and the fans each time he basically flattened one of them was embarrassing.

65Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 21:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Well i won't argue, but i know you dislike Kev with a passion, so i think you're slightly OTT with your critisism.

he isn't what he once was, he certainly can't provide what he once did.

but he definitely wins the majority of aimless balls smashed his way, he definitely doesn't get the kind of support he used to enjoy. Not chasing down balls that are pumped over his head? So be it, Klasnic doesn't do it either, Ngog does, but when i flagged that up as a positive i was told "whats the point of him doing that?"

I agree he's a spent force, but you can't blame him for being selected.

All just my opinion of course.

66Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 21:48

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I also think we should remember the good times he gave us, and not batter him too much for his loss of form, which you rightly point out, isn't all down to him.

67Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think we have to accept the reality that SKD is no longer a top flight centre forward. His lack of goals prove it. He has been a great player for us over the years and without a shadow of doubt he has been our talisman in the John McGinlay mould. SKD is now 34 and no longer has the pace to worry top class defenders plus defenders have sussed out his game.

I would never slag SKD off but there is no room for sentimentality in top flight football. Everyone has a shelf life unfortunately. It's time to see what we bought Sordell for.

68Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:07

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Nicely put.

69Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:10

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc
I think everyone wants to see Sordell given a chance but for one reason or another coyle just doesn't want to put him in the team.

I can't help think he just isn't cutting it in training in mid week.

70Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:20

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Makes me wonder just how bad an England U21 must be, not to get into Owen Coyle's star-studded team Mad

71Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:23

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Here is the puzzle. Sordell was scoring goals in the Championship for Watford and that's why we bought him. Sordell played against Swansea last season in the Championship so today should surely have been an opportunity to give him a run out ?

My only question would be why the fcuk have we paid £4 million for him if we aint going to play him ?

72Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:28

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think everyone wants to see Sordell given a chance but for one reason or another coyle just doesn't want to put him in the team.

This was what people assumed about Tuncay and I personally don't buy it.

If the players that have been given chance after chance (such as Eagles, Pratley, KDavies, Klasnic) are examples of players that do look decent in training, then I'd argue that how well a player performs in training evidently isn't an efficient basis on which to judge them.

Bottom line for me is if Sordell isn't better than Davies now, he isn't ever gonna be good enough.

73Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:36

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
yes, but in who's opinion?

74Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Coyle bought Wheater then continued to prefer bloody Knight to him.

Haven't a clue why he bought Sordell if he wanted to continue with Ngog, Davies and Klasnic (and Tuncay) in front of him?

We were crying out for a midfield general and Coyle bought a bench warming striker?

Seems he wasn't even his first choice - weren't we after Wilfred Zaha from Palace and he/they turned us down first.

He even asked Malky Mackay about Sordell - I get the feeling that Coyle has been stitched up like a kipper on this transfer.

Coyle is a disaster on so many levels it is untrue.

75Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:48

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Coyle is so totally clueless I think he will probably start SKD against Aston Villa.

76Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:53

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Coyle is so totally clueless I think he will probably start SKD against Aston Villa.

I think it would be a waste of time playing SKD against Villa. Collins aways seems to have SKD well covered. Villa are missing Richard Dunne so it's got to be time to play Sordell.

77Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 22:58

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Coyle is so totally clueless I think he will probably start SKD against Aston Villa.

I think it would be a waste of time playing SKD against Villa. Collins aways seems to have SKD well covered. Villa are missing Richard Dunne so it's got to be time to play Sordell.

But as you, me and everybody else apart from OC knows, we should have played Sordell today.

78Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:yes, but in who's opinion?

Do you seriously think a 21 year old who at this moment in time is worse than Klasnic, Davies and Ngog has the potential to be a good player?

OK, we don't know that's the case, but Coyle obviously thinks those three players are better options, so Coyle's ballsed up in one way or another - whether that balls up is not playing him, or for buying him in the first place remains to be seen.

79Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:26

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:yes, but in who's opinion?

Do you seriously think a 21 year old who at this moment in time is worse than Klasnic, Davies and Ngog has the potential to be a good player?

OK, we don't know that's the case, but Coyle obviously thinks those three players are better options, so Coyle's ballsed up in one way or another - whether that balls up is not playing him, or for buying him in the first place remains to be seen.

Doffcocker you are being too generous to OC. What makes you think he hasn't screwed up by buying him (instead of a midfield captain) and by not playing him?

80Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sat Apr 21 2012, 23:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc
Sordell looks pissed off whenever I have seen him at half time of warming up during games.

He was playing regulary at Watford and making a name for himself at U21 level, Coyle comes along with the advice of a manager in the championship, signs him and keeps him locked away like some secret weapon North korea have been working on for years.

81Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 22 2012, 02:08

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
He bought Sordell for next season. He is ten years younger than Klasnic and Davies, will be on around half their pay, and has a resale value. He was available for the right price in January so he was signed. I don't see what the big mystery is. I'd like to see a bit more of him, but some of the comments on this thread which have written him off are bizarre.

82Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 22 2012, 08:45

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
I think most of us are writing SKD off not Sordell. How could we write Sordell off, as we haven't seen him play?

83Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 22 2012, 08:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:He bought Sordell for next season. He is ten years younger than Klasnic and Davies, will be on around half their pay, and has a resale value. He was available for the right price in January so he was signed. I don't see what the big mystery is. I'd like to see a bit more of him, but some of the comments on this thread which have written him off are bizarre.

Largehat, no one minds someone talking bollocks, but it's the way you phrase things that makes you a bellend. You talk like you're Owen Coyle's right hand man.

I doubt very much any manager stuck in the bottom five plans for next season because the chances of him being there are limited. Isn't it more likely Sordell was a panic buy and Coyle has since realised he's shite?

84Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 22 2012, 12:06

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
I think the Sordell issue is pretty simple really,

We play 4-5-1, so its either SKD or N'gog up front because players like Klas and (from what ive heard about him) Sordell don't play in that role (or at least the way we play 4-5-1 where the lone striker usually has no support.)

And Coyle doesn't want to bring him on as a late sub because hes still only 21 and lets be honest he isn't a world beater, we got him off Watford.. this isn't the Sturridge situation and comparisons arn't fair.

Don't know if its the right call or not but Coyle obviously doesnt think he could cope in this relegation battle and have the composure we saw from Klas in the QPR game under such pressure, I think if we had got him in summer we would have seen a lot more of him.

I dont think hes not playing because hes crap.

Someone who has scored 27 goals in the championship before he was 20 can't be crap.

85Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 22 2012, 12:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I think everyone wants to see Sordell given a chance but for one reason or another coyle just doesn't want to put him in the team.

This was what people assumed about Tuncay and I personally don't buy it.

If the players that have been given chance after chance (such as Eagles, Pratley, KDavies, Klasnic) are examples of players that do look decent in training, then I'd argue that how well a player performs in training evidently isn't an efficient basis on which to judge them.

Bottom line for me is if Sordell isn't better than Davies now, he isn't ever gonna be good enough.

Agree with Doff. I hate the "bad in training" fallacy, it's a nonsense argument.

Even if he is tripping over his laces in training, what does that tell us about the others? That they're world beaters in training, yet perform consistently at a low level on match day.

Sorry, but matches are more important than training.

86Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 22 2012, 12:48

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
And mixing the starting X1 up might get rid of any complacency in the regulars.

87Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 22 2012, 14:51

Biggie

Biggie
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Sordell looks pissed off whenever I have seen him at half time of warming up during games.

He was playing regulary at Watford and making a name for himself at U21 level, Coyle comes along with the advice of a manager in the championship, signs him and keeps him locked away like some secret weapon North korea have been working on for years.

Speaking of Korea - I was sat with them at the game yesterday, the entire National team. They looked bored to death.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

88Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:08

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:He bought Sordell for next season. He is ten years younger than Klasnic and Davies, will be on around half their pay, and has a resale value. He was available for the right price in January so he was signed. I don't see what the big mystery is. I'd like to see a bit more of him, but some of the comments on this thread which have written him off are bizarre.

Largehat, no one minds someone talking bollocks, but it's the way you phrase things that makes you a bellend. You talk like you're Owen Coyle's right hand man.

I doubt very much any manager stuck in the bottom five plans for next season because the chances of him being there are limited. Isn't it more likely Sordell was a panic buy and Coyle has since realised he's shite?

The signing of Sordell is completely consistent with Coyle's remit to lower the average age of the squad, lower the wage bill, and not lump us with late-20s/early-30s players who have no resale value.

While I accept Coyle's remit is also to keep us in the PL, clearly he felt, in January, he could do that with the resources available.

And there you have it, you've described him as shite and you've never seen him play. That's the type of comment I describe as bizarre.

89Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And there you have it, you've described him as shite and you've never seen him play. That's the type of comment I describe as bizarre.

As you well know I didn't say he was shite, I actually suspect the opposite.

I get where you're coming from, but I just don't believe a team £110m in debt and in the bottom three of the PL would spend £3m on a player for the future.

90Kevin Davies - Page 3 Empty Re: Kevin Davies on Sun Apr 22 2012, 15:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
You just wrote "Coyle has since realised he's shite". How is that not saying he's shite?

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum