Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Laurent Blanc in the running for the England job

+4
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Copper Dragon
whatsgoingon
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If he get's it, it should be a seamless transition from a manager who coasts the qualifying League, stutters a bit in the group stages and then chokes in the knock-out stages with a group of overrated ponces.

To a manager who coasts the one horse race Ligue 1, stutters through the group stages of the Champions League and then chokes in the knock-out stages with a group of massively over priced and overrated ponces.

It surely is a marriage made in heaven.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What we need is a man who can get the best out of little talent, pick players who play as a team and pick the best players for certain roles in that team.

We need his team to stay in games when they aren't playing well and one that finds different ways of winning instead of trying to walk the ball in the net.

Unfortunately for me that man is called Sean Dyche (or sometimes Sam Allardyce), but luckily for me the FA are stupid and wouldn't even approach him.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sam should have got the job back before Capello was appointed. They won't go near him now nor Harry Redknapp who would have been my other personal favourite for the job.

As to Sean Dyche you've got nothing to worry about Copper. He's got no chance because he doesn't bow and scrape to the Blazer brigade at FA HQ and he dares to suggest that the committee appointed to pick the England manager should actually know something about football which has of course caused mass apoplexy at St Anne's.

I couldn't believe it when the man tasked with finding the next manager openly admitted he doesn't actually know anything about football on national television. You honestly couldn't make it up could you?

Personally I suspect it'll be someone the FA finds palatable, a platitude spouting, forelock tugging yes-man who wears the right suits and looks suitably serious on TV. I was genuinely amazed to find out Glenn Hoddle is actually viewed as a serious candidate but on reflection it wouldn't surprise me much if they did give it to him again.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would give Hoddle another go, he seems to be over his stupid comments about disabled people that cost him the job first time round and he knows the game inside out.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If Hoddle is so good,why has he been ignored by some of our top clubs.
None of them have made any real effort to enlist his services.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

ITK - The new England Manager with his assistant Fabio Capello. Now today's announcement makes sense

Laurent Blanc in the running for the England job Articl10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mickey Adams.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Mickey Adams.
Nat do you really think that or are you just taking a wild guess for the hell of it?

The reason I ask is I can't even find his name on a bookie's list anywhere. It seems Jurgen Klinsmann is the broad favourite just slightly ahead of Glenn Hoddle. What has surprised me is Big Sam is currently third favourite with odds as low as 6/1 against (the average appears to be 8/1 right now) with Southgate down at 10/1 in fourth.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
Nat do you really think that or are you just taking a wild guess for the hell of it?

The reason I ask is I can't even find his name on a bookie's list anywhere. It seems Jurgen Klinsmann is the broad favourite just slightly ahead of Glenn Hoddle. What has surprised me is Big Sam is currently third favourite with odds as low as 6/1 against (the average appears to be 8/1 right now) with Southgate down at 10/1 in fourth.

:facepalm:

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

:facepalm:
Go on boggers, put me out of my misery and tell me how I've made a pratt of myself.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Never thought I'd be saying this but to me Dyche is one of the very few managers out there who isn't thick as pig shit. He seems like a really safe pair of hands.

At first I thought he got really lucky with the all the great players Howe left behind, but he's lost a number of them now, and they were still the best team in the Championship last season easily. Some teams lose hardly any of their best players after getting relegated and still get nowhere near going straight back up.

The FA would be stupid not to consider him. But yeah, they're fucking stupid so they won't.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Made me laugh somebody on the radio from the FA the other day saying something along the lines of:

"We want to really get this one right, so we're really going out of our way to get lots of advice from the players, ex-professionals, etc..."

So basically the FA - who everybody knows are stupid, are getting together with a load of footballers - another group of people not known for being very intelligent, to make this big decision. So they're bound to get it right.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wouldn't be surprised to see another Eriksson, Capello type appointment. Somebody who's won Serie A multiple times, or La Liga, or whatever. Doesn't necessarily speak much English, but they've won some league titles somewhere before so they're very respectable and nobody can complain.

I can't honestly believe the very suggestion of Southgate has been dignified with the attention it has had. Might as well give McClaren another go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum