Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Time running out for TP?

+6
Sgt. Bash
aaron_bwfc
NickFazer
scottjames30
gloswhite
doffcocker
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Time running out for TP? Empty Time running out for TP? Sun Mar 10 2013, 17:38

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Pulis was always having a pop at Bolton fans in the Megson days for the way his poor dear friend was treated.
It seems his own supporters are proving no less patient.

The link is to a Stoke forum of endless threads filled with Tony Pulis hatred.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters

2Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sun Mar 10 2013, 18:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Never liked the man, A complete arsehole.

3Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sun Mar 10 2013, 18:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope he gets as much stick as Megson got.

4Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sun Mar 10 2013, 19:09

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There has always been a section of Stoke fans that never wanted Pulis back at the club, they have mostly been silenced by the fact that Pulis has kept them up and established them as a mid table team. Stoke are at a crossroads, do they stick with what they know and be content with staying in the league, or change philosophy and gamble on "getting to the next level", which may well turn out to be the Championship.

5Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sun Mar 10 2013, 19:19

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not comparing Megson to Pulis as Tony has obviously done more for stoke than meggo ever did for us but the football that is served up at the britannia is just as bad as anything we were watching in the dark days.

We went for a manager who fans thought and the board thought would get the team playing attractive football, alas we got relegated so it is a tricky situation as to what Stoke do.

In all honesty as bad as it's been under coyle and the start of this season I would never trade it back for premier league football under Megson.

6Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sun Mar 10 2013, 20:06

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Up to now Coates has stood firmly behind Pulis and in the short term I don't think that will change. They will be OK this season but get off to a bad start next campaign and it might be a different tale, they have spent a few quid as well this year.

7Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sun Mar 10 2013, 22:13

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I hate Stoke and wish them nothing but ill.

8Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Mon Mar 11 2013, 13:54

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sgt. Bash wrote:I hate Stoke and wish them nothing but ill.
Time running out for TP? 459784477

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Mon Mar 11 2013, 14:10

Sgt. Bash wrote:I hate Stoke and wish them nothing but ill.

:agree:

10Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Mon Mar 11 2013, 15:29

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

At least I posted something good last night! cheers

11Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sat Apr 06 2013, 20:47

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Chants of "you're getting sacked in the morning!" from Villa fans today with which some Stoke fans even joined in.

They're right in it now. I'd love them to go down.

12Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sat Apr 06 2013, 20:54

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he'll get sacked tbh.

13Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sat Apr 06 2013, 21:16

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He has done a great job over the years, Stoke were always just a championship club at best, for them to have been where they have been for a number of years is impressive. But surely there comes a point where their fans must be fed up of long ball physical football. It is all very well at the beginning to get established and look to bring more and more quality into the team but he sticks with it every year.
It would be great to see them go down.

14Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sat Apr 06 2013, 21:27

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's never been without money to spend in the window. It's not like he's built his marginally safe, boring side on a shoestring.

It really is incredible the animosity towards him on their forums, by the way.

15Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sat Apr 06 2013, 21:35

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but he's never been without money to spend in the window. It's not like he's built his marginally safe, boring side on a shoestring.

It really is incredible the animosity towards him on their forums, by the way.

Agree, he's spent a bob or two.

16Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sat Apr 06 2013, 21:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Their was a guy on the radio a few weeks back when they lost who was going fucking nuts over the Michael Owen thing, saying why does he keep him on the bench when they are bloody losing.

Surely if you need a goal in the last few minutes he would be the guy you bring on.

17Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sat Apr 06 2013, 21:43

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For what they did to me at Wembley this makes me feel better.

18Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sun Apr 07 2013, 00:04

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I forget who (think it was the youth team coach) but one of his staff has recently said that he's never agreed with Pulis' brand of football. It's a bit like Allardyce's style and it shows that it will only get you so far until the fans get fed up with it.

I like Stoke and their fans are proper.

Here they are at Deadwood.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5lQXv6S_-Q

19Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sun Apr 07 2013, 11:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have some very good friends who are ardent Stoke fans, but it doesn't stop me, having lived in the area, taying that the vast majority of them are complete arseholes. I've often wondered if they would be different if their manager wasn't the chief arsehole, and his kick and foul type of football was changed for something slightly more elegant.

20Time running out for TP? Empty Re: Time running out for TP? Sun Apr 07 2013, 11:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've had a few run ins with Stoke in recent years - the cup semi, us drubbing them, Walters scoring the illegal goal to send us down - plenty to think about, not helped by Pulis adopting the Allardyce style lock, stock and barrel in the early years. But the Stoke fans have usually been decent. They recognise they are similar to us in some ways, and whilst there has always been banter they've generally been OK - and certainly a lot better than the fans of other clubs I could name. They're one of the clubs that I think have a decent fan base and I include the likes of Fulham and West Brom in that group, but that's just my experience.
When I left the Britannia at the end of last season, quite a few of the Stokies were saying we shouldn't have gone down and offered their condolensces - not that it helped much that day.
I understand they're getting a bit nervous and there's a fair bit of discontent with TP, but I'd be surprised if they do get relegated from that position. When the dust settles, they'll look back at the money they've spent and the players they've brought in and realise that they have to carry a large portion of the responsibility for their position. The likes of Crouch and Jones should be doing better - they cost enough, so they should be earning their wages. Don't like Pulis - he's a smug twat - but I suspect that he'll be around for a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum