Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Phil Parkinson making his mark at Bolton Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

PHIL Parkinson won’t deviate from his pre-season plan as Wanderers’ summer schedule gets underway at Atherton Colls tomorrow.

The first team returned to training on Monday but are not yet ready to play a competitive game in the eyes of the new boss and his backroom staff.

As such it will be a youthful Whites side who face Colls at Alder House, backed by several senior players on the sidelines.

Parkinson also cancelled a friendly against HB Koge, which was originally scheduled a few days into their Scandinavian training camp so he could have more time to work with his players.

The Whites boss does not want his side to play in half-measures and reckons by the time they face Helsingor a week tomorrow (July 10) fans should have a better idea of the blueprint he is using.

“If you had a game this Saturday, straight away the training has to be tailored towards it,” he told The Bolton News.

“Even Wednesday (against HB Koge), which we felt was too soon, would detract from what we can get into the lads between now and then.

“We have changed things around slightly and now with the overall balance of the season I’m happy with how it’s structured.

“The kids will play in the Atherton game. We’ll take some of the first-team lads to be a part of the day but I’m sure the supporters will understand that the most important thing for me and the staff is that we prepare this team properly.

“We need to give them a good week’s training. When we play that first game I want the lads to play at the intensity I want when the season starts.”

Parkinson has praised the staff around him for their efforts in getting Lostock ready for the first team’s return last Monday and believes the training ground – now shared between the senior and academy ranks – is something of which the club can be proud.

“I think it’s a great facility,” he said. “From the first day I came in and met with the groundstaff there has been a lick of paint everywhere, the dressing rooms have been tidied up, everywhere has been freshened up.

“Since I came here a couple of weeks ago everyone has pitched in. I sense that every member of staff has done that little bit extra to make this transition run smoothly. You sense there is a new dynamic around the place and it’s a positive one.

“I want to put real pride back into the club. Every player I have shown round have been impressed with the facilities and it’s a great selling point.

“Bolton have been used to the Premier League and Euxton is a place I only went to once – but this place would be the envy of a lot of Championship clubs.”

Accompanying Parkinson this summer were three of his coaching staff from Bradford City: Steve Parkin, Nick Allenby and Lee Butler.

Tim Breacker has also joined as chief scout, while another addition is in the pipeline.

Such was the task of rebuilding Wanderers after a disastrous 12 months, the addition of a ready-made backroom has saved some valuable time, reckons the new boss.

“They are people I trust, and we know how each other works,” he said.

“We knew when we came in here there would be so much work to be done reshaping the squad – we needed a team that knew exactly what to expect from each other. We couldn’t hang around.

“We’re looking forward to getting to know the players now.”

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14592327.Parkinson_making_his_mark_at_Wanderers/?ref=mr&lp=1

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum