Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-Bolton Wanderers defender Mark Winstanley's son Dylan making a mark at Turton FC

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A talented teenager is making a name for himself in the West Lancashire League at Turton and could follow in the footsteps of his famous Bolton Wanderers dad.

Dylan Winstanley had been playing for Turton Under-16s but first-team manager Neil Johnson decided to include the youngster in their end-of-season run-in.

It proved to be an inspired decision as he scored eight goals in five appearances including three as a substitute.

His dad is ex-Whites defender Mark Winstanley and the 46-year-old is delighted to see his son playing well.

He said: “He has been at Turton for three or four years progressing from the u13s.

“It is a great club for teenagers not only Dylan but others have been given the chance to make the second team.

“Dylan has worked hard and got his goals.”

The young striker was previously on the books at Bolton Wanderers and then was snapped up by Bury after he was released.

Mark said: “He was involved with Bury last year but we were concerned about his GCSEs and examinations so pulled out from there.

“We are hoping that he can get back involved again.

“He would love to follow me and play professionally but it is about luck and people spotting you.

“He does have the potential to play at the highest level.

“I think he has the attributes to play professionally but it would take someone to take him by the hand and help him develop.

“He is doing really well at Turton and I think they are a good team and Peter Gray and Dave Yates do a brilliant job running the club. I think they deserve a pat on the back.”

Mark believes there is a lot of talent in the local leagues which is not being picked up by the football system.

He said: “It is different to my day when you had scouts coming out to watch you.

“Nowadays the academies will take you on the basis of training not in a match.

“I was not the best trainer but when it came to the match it was totally different.

“I don’t think the academies work and a lot of players are being missed.

Peter Gray, chairman of Turton, said: “I have been watching him for years and that is one of the reasons why we wanted to reintroduce the junior set-up at Turton.

“He has scored eight goals in five games and looks like a seasoned pro who has been playing for the first-team for years.

“One of the most rewarding things about this season is quite a few players from the u16s have come through to the senior set-up.”

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

did you know Winny works at Warburtons now, he's friends with my Brother who also works there as a van driver.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a sad day when a kid playing for Turton FC makes BWFC "news".

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's a sad day when a kid playing for Turton FC makes BWFC "news".

Depends. I used to play for Turton when I was around and available, so this is of interest to me.
In those days home matches were on the sloping pitch at the school in Edgworth but I'd imagine the club has moved on since then.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Depends. I used to play for Turton when I was around and available, so this is of interest to me.

Fair point. If he's going to grow up to be the biggest twat on BWFC forums then I guess it is relevant.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Fair point. If he's going to grow up to be the biggest twat on BWFC forums then I guess it is relevant.
Aw Shucks. You're coming over all sentimental, honey.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Get a room, you two!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum