Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+36
Copper Dragon
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
Bread2.0
Sluffy
NickFazer
wessy
King Bill
finlaymcdanger
DEANO82
Bolton Nuts
Kane57
xmiles
whatsgoingon
MartinBWFC
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Barryjw
scottjames30
Fabians Right Peg
Keegan
luckyPeterpiper
terenceanne
observer
Hipster_Nebula
Bwfc1958
40 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 50]

261Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 12:38

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:Defender Lewis Buxton signed on a free.

Who?

262Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 12:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another journeyman FB. 
I've been banging on about our defence for years and now we have a manager who seems determined to build from the back which is something I applaud, but surely we have enough at the back by now? Shouldn't he be putting all his efforts into finding us some pace and quality in attack?

263Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 13:04

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

If we were going to go down this road we might as well persevered developing the likes of Threlkeld who have more years on their side.

264Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 13:09

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

FYI
Lewis Edward Buxton (born 10 December 1983) is an English professional [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who plays as a[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
Buxton began his career with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] where he progressed through the youth ranks at the club. He gained first team experience with loan spells at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. He joined [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in January 2005 in order to find first team football. His time at the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] was hampered by injury and he left for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in October 2008. With the Owls Buxton established himself as a regular member of the team and spent seven years, making 207 appearances.

Sorry source wikipedia

265Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 13:15

Boggersbelief wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Nothing in Clough to Villa, they had a look a while ago but decided against pursuing him.

How the fuck do you know?

Because I know people who work at Villa.

266Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 13:19

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Nothing in Clough to Villa, they had a look a while ago but decided against pursuing him.

How the fuck do you know?

Because I know people who work at Villa.

I'm sorry but, Manuel at your Spanish holiday resort knows fuck all.

267Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 13:22

You're not great at the clever jokes Boggy, stick to the gutter giggles with Scott.

268Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 13:24

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I bet you laughed.

269Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 13:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know I did! Very Happy

270Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 14:01

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I know I did! Very Happy

He doesn't have a sense of humour kp

271Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 14:12

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alex Finney has rejected a move out on loan to Barrow. Leicester city interested

272Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 14:15

Climb out.

273Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 14:20

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:Alex Finney has rejected a move out on loan to Barrow. Leicester city interested
In what whether he goes to Barrow or not

274Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 15:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:If we were going to go down this road we might as well persevered developing the likes of Threlkeld who have more years on their side.
Exactly. And now Alex Finney is being linked to a move out despite hardly putting a foot wrong in pre-season. I think Parky has brought in a very experienced back line but I really hope he doesn't completely dismantle the youth set up in the process.

275Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 15:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've seen nothing to suggest any of the youngsters (hardly youngsters really, most are over 20) are good enough for league football. And I don't believe Parkinson would let them go if he didn't feel the same way.

One thing they all have in common is they're all skinny as fook and not physically up to professional football. Walk into any gym in the country and it's full of beefed up 20 year olds, so why are we breeding skinny tarts?

At this point we need to stop the rot, I'd rather take a chance on experience for the time being.

276Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 15:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Climb out.
:wtf2:

277Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 15:40

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:You're not great at the clever jokes Boggy, stick to the gutter giggles with Scott.

Don't bring me into it because you just got pissed on,  it's as embarrassing as Breadman's boat.

278Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 15:44

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:You're not great at the clever jokes Boggy, stick to the gutter giggles with Scott.

Don't bring me into it because you just got pissed on,  it's as embarrassing as Breadman's boat.
I don't know what you mean  
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

279Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Aug 05 2016, 15:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've seen nothing to suggest any of the youngsters (hardly youngsters really, most are over 20) are good enough for league football. And I don't believe Parkinson would let them go if he didn't feel the same way.

One thing they all have in common is they're all skinny as fook and not physically up to professional football. Walk into any gym in the country and it's full of beefed up 20 year olds, so why are we breeding skinny tarts?

At this point we need to stop the rot, I'd rather take a chance on experience for the time being.
It's a matter of balance. On balance they are relatively inexpensive to keep and there are already plenty of seasoned pros at the club to learn from and aid their development so why pay out to strengthen in positions where we now have plenty of options instead of giving them the chance to compete for a place? Finney for example has played well when called upon - not brilliant but well - and there's no evidence whatsoever that the old boys Parky is bringing in will do any better. So why threaten the investment we have made in Finney and/or pay two salaries when we need strengthening elsewhere and money is very tight?

Understand what you mean about them generally being skinny but that's easily resolved.

280Transfer rumours ! - Page 14 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Aug 07 2016, 09:23

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Fulham and Middlesboro interested in Clough for £ 2m

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 32 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum