Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Latest Wheeze from the ST

+15
Fabians Right Peg
Kane57
Norpig
karlypants
JAH
Boggersbelief
finlaymcdanger
Reebok Trotter
whatsgoingon
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
boltonbonce
Sluffy
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 8]

21The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sat Jul 30 2016, 16:07

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It looks like a desperate and irrelevant step and nothing at all to do with the club, just flagrant opportunism.
But I don't agree with the slating of people who joined the trust and references like weak minded, people joined because it was a way of showing support to the club, it was only a tenner. At first it seemed like it was good to get involved and when the BN backed it and John McGinley and SKD got involved it seemed like a good thing to do. All the people who paid their tenner did so for the club and what has transpired since has taken the ST away from that.
If we believe what we read about paid membership being about 3000 my guess is they'll be lucky to retain 10% of that next year.

22The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sat Jul 30 2016, 16:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

"It was only a tenner" doesn't excuse people having a brain in their heads and not using it.

Sure we all make mistakes but you didn't have to be Einstein to see what was going on in front of your very own eyes.

For what it is worth the write up included with the app (on the download page) claims there are getting on for 6,000 ST members but the election manager for the appointment of the ST Board states that there were only 2,537 members eligible to vote at 27th June 2016.

I somehow doubt very much therefore that there are roughly 3,500 ST members under the age of 18 years old to make up the missing numbers - don't you.

So someone is telling porkies - and I know who I believe out of the two.

Rolling Eyes

23The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sat Jul 30 2016, 16:51

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

In my opinion you're out of order taking a pop at the fans for trying to do what they felt was right for the club and you're position on it is getting every bit as blinded by hatred as the position breadman has taken on Brexit for which you've commented on more than once.
You're position on the ST is abundantly clear and many of your points on it I agree with but don't let your hatred of all things ST get you to turn on Bolton fans (some of whom are valued posters on here) as well just because they were willing to give it a go thinking it may help.

24The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sat Jul 30 2016, 17:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The sad thing about this is that I honestly believe Sluffy would hate it if the ST did anything that might be seen as useful.
If they discovered a cure for cancer he'd accuse them of putting doctors out of work.
All good fun though. I might send him a Brucie tea towel.

25The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sat Jul 30 2016, 17:06

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy, I have a great deal of respect for you but for your own sake I have to say it's past time to let this go my friend. The ST was first and foremost a wasted opportunity and I'm every bit as angry about that as you are but there's simply no point in wasting any more time and effort on them. I really do hope that they can one day turn things around and make themselves relevant to the fans and club but since we all know that won't happen under the current leadership we might as well do what the club is doing and ignore them. There are more important things to focus on now, not least the fact that the new season is just one week away. Don't you think it's time we started to put our valuable time and attention into things that matter?

26The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sat Jul 30 2016, 17:39

Sluffy wrote:"It was only a tenner" doesn't excuse people having a brain in their heads and not using it.

Sure we all make mistakes but you didn't have to be Einstein to see what was going on in front of your very own eyes.

For what it is worth the write up included with the app (on the download page) claims there are getting on for 6,000 ST members but the election manager for the appointment of the ST Board states that there were only 2,537 members eligible to vote at 27th June 2016.

I somehow doubt very much therefore that there are roughly 3,500 ST members under the age of 18 years old to make up the missing numbers - don't you.

Rolling Eyes

The level of condescension is beyond a joke, you're harping on as if there has been any proof to back up your accusations of a hidden agenda or a feud with the club.

You've interpreted events in a certain way and created a theory which could be correct. But unless you can post a quote that proves the ST are trying to harm the clubs ownership in some way then it is not fact.

Those of us who paid a tenner did so because we cared about the club, hindsights a wonderful thing but at the time the clubs situation was perilous and there was next to no positive news on the buyer front. Holdsworth's consortium was far from a done deal right up until the last minute!

£10 for the prospect of helping the club was a small price to pay - nobody is an idiot for doing so.

27The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sat Jul 30 2016, 18:15

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc1874 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:"It was only a tenner" doesn't excuse people having a brain in their heads and not using it.

Rolling Eyes

The level of condescension is beyond a joke, you're harping on as if there has been any proof to back up your accusations of a hidden agenda or a feud with the club.

You've interpreted events in a certain way and created a theory which could be correct. But unless you can post a quote that proves the ST are trying to harm the clubs ownership in some way then it is not fact.

Those of us who paid a tenner did so because we cared about the club, hindsights a wonderful thing but at the time the clubs situation was perilous and there was next to no positive news on the buyer front. Holdsworth's consortium was far from a done deal right up until the last minute!

£10 for the prospect of helping the club was a small price to pay - nobody is an idiot for doing so.
I think you and me agree on something, I think I need a drink  Very Happy

28The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sat Jul 30 2016, 18:31

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In fairness to sluffy he never said he objected to the existence of an ST or that he thought anyone who joined is an idiot for wanting to help the club. What he did say and I agree with him is that his anger stems from the fact it didn't help because the people in charge of both the steering group and committee have wasted the opportunity that they had. They've thrown away what could and should have been a veritable ocean of good will and support by massaging their own egos rather than doing what they said they would. However it's been very clear for a long time now that while the current leadership is there the ST will be irrelevant and frankly I think sluffy really does need to stop giving them attention they simply don't deserve.

So here's a request for you sluffy. Please will you refrain from posting threads about the ST unless they do something that has a genuine impact on either the club or the fans. Right now you're starting to do an impersonation of me with the transfer embargo and only I am allowed to bang on about a single subject ad infinitum in that way. ::seething::

Be advised that if you continue posting threads about the ST I will sue you for breach of the 'lPp do this topic to death' copyright and illegal use of the patented 'lPp will gasbag about this until everyone else is bored rigid or the universe ends' device. Twisted Evil

I trust that I have made myself clear about this. Only I am allowed to post more than five threads about a single subject and only I am allowed to make posts that take longer to read than War and Peace in the original Cyrillic Russian. Very Happy

29The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sat Jul 30 2016, 18:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Quite right Peter. You don't see me banging on about the same old thing. Very Happy

30The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sat Jul 30 2016, 18:42

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The best luckyPeterpiper wrote:In fairness to sluffy he never said he objected to the existence of an ST or that he thought anyone who joined is an idiot for wanting to help the club
There have been various statements that have alluded to exactly that

31The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sat Jul 30 2016, 18:43

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Quite right Peter. You don't see me banging on about the same old thing. Very Happy
How's Brucie doing

32The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sat Jul 30 2016, 22:20

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

whatsgoingon wrote:
The best luckyPeterpiper wrote:In fairness to sluffy he never said he objected to the existence of an ST or that he thought anyone who joined is an idiot for wanting to help the club
There have been various statements that have alluded to exactly that
No mate, he alluded that joining the ST was an act of idiocy not that people were idiots for having a desire to help the club. And let's face it, given their behaviour he has a point. I do feel I wasted a perfectly good tenner and that the BWFC Supporter's Association is more effective than the ST will ever be thanks to the clowns running it who destroyed it almost at birth.

Anyway, before I break out my 'bore them to death' ray I'm going to drop this whole subject. I have a blog to write about things that are much, much more interesting than the doings of a bunch of ego serving twerps.

33The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sun Jul 31 2016, 00:37

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Good God I go out for the evening and come back to all of this!

My real life my not be packed with endless adventures and escapades anymore but I'm still just about able to grasp the difference between reality and the 'internet world' still.

I'm getting sick of repeating myself but I don't actually hate anybody - even those who have hurt me in the real world so I couldn't give a fuck about Smithy or the ST - Christ lock me up and throw away the key if I ever think football is more than a game or internet forums are NOT the place to have a bit of a laugh.

Ever since I was young apparently, or so I'm told, I was never one to follow the crowd, I always thought things through the best I could and asked questions if I could not understand things.

Well six decades later (or thereabouts) I'm still doing the same things - so I guess what you see is what you get with me.

I've never been afraid to look stupid and ask the questions everyone else probably wanted to know also - but were too self conscious to ask for themselves and much preferred to be 'one the group' rather than the awkward sod standing alone, who is sticking his nose in to far.

If people wanted to jump on the ST bandwagon then that's their business but for me I wanted to know 'how' they believed they could become the 'voice of the fans' to a multimillion pound business run by entrepreneurs who stake millions of pounds of their own money with the intent of earning millions more in the future by taking on a huge risk in turning the club around.

I simply don't buy this bullshit that a football club is a unique sort of business that has the community at its heart.  Many self deluded fans may truly believe that but I doubt very many actual club owners do - they are there to please themselves - not a bunch of not rights who believe football is some sort of religion and can't see that it is just a group of highly paid and pampered blokes kicking a ball about once or twice a week.

If the ST WAS the answer to everything don't you think ALL the clubs would long before now be actively involved with them all the time?

If people want to chuck their tenner at a group of blokes who they don't know, working towards what exactly (to own the club outright, or to have a board member, or to have a real say in the running of the club without board level involvement, or aggressively monitor the financial running of the club by its new owners, or to set up a non-relevant marketing app, or whatever it is they believe that they are doing - because I for one have no idea what exactly it is - do you?), well they are completely free to do so.

Equally though I'm free to have an opinion to think that they are wasting both their hopes and their money on an un-thought out, clearly unplanned and without any clear objectives, or strategically planned ways of achieving them - business plan by the ST - do they even have a business plan - as anyone ever seen it?

Am I not allowed to say 'I think you are wasting your money there', or 'I did try to warn you'?

Christ you didn't even have to be Einstein to ask the simple questions like 'how is this going to work?' or 'What if the owners don't want our involvement?'.

Well forgive me for asking them and not finding any answers probably because no one had actually sat down and thought about what they were trying to achieve and planning how to get there.

Forgive me for not wanting to run with the crowd and give my 'it's only a tenner' to a bunch of people that included the likes of Smithy, Marc Iles and Chris Manning respectively seeming to lead it, champion it, and shout it from the rooftops (read that as the Beano, the LoV and the twitter world and their informed followers).

Forgive me for laughing when it all went tits up - as clearly it was always going to do so - as per the old adage of 'fail to plan, plan to fail'.

So get over yourselves simply because some old bloke on the internet is taking the piss and laughing at us!

And the next time you are thinking of wasting another of your 'it's only a tenner' then do some good with it by spending it on some child who hasn't been as fortunate in life as your own have.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Football really is only a game.

And the internet is a place to have a laugh.

34The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sun Jul 31 2016, 00:44

Can you not see the inherent irony in writing a 17 paragraph piece about how you don't take any of this seriously?

Who are you trying to convince with all this?

Us or yourself?

35The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sun Jul 31 2016, 00:46

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

SLUFFY!!!!!!!! ::seething:: ::seething:: ::seething::

I told you that only I am allowed to make posts that long!!!!!!! ::seething:: :gun: :bomb:  ::bigmachinegun:: :shootinggun: ::mad::

How dare you make use of the patented lPp technique this way! You should be ashamed of yourself sir!  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Do not do this again or I shall be forced to write a strongly worded letter to the Times!  Mad Mad Mad

36The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sun Jul 31 2016, 00:47

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

PS. I agree with you about Derian House mate, it's an awesome place. Smile

37The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sun Jul 31 2016, 00:51

luckyPeterpiper wrote:SLUFFY!!!!!!!! ::seething:: ::seething:: ::seething::

I told you that only I am allowed to make posts that long!!!!!!! ::seething:: :gun: :bomb:  ::bigmachinegun:: :shootinggun: ::mad::

How dare you make use of the patented lPp technique this way! You should be ashamed of yourself sir!  Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Do not do this again or I shall be forced to write a strongly worded letter to the Times!  Mad Mad Mad

Seriously, Pete....?

18 "colon evil colon" thingies.

18........?

Grown man with kids.

Surely you can get your point across without resorting to emoticons?

Edit: Just read your post and discovered that you weren't actually trying to make a serious point.

It was just a statement about how the excessive use of emoticons is your own personal preserve.

Whatever floats yer boat I suppose....

Last edited by Breadman on Sun Jul 31 2016, 00:59; edited 1 time in total

38The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sun Jul 31 2016, 00:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Breadman wrote:Can you not see the inherent irony in writing a 17 paragraph piece about how you don't take any of this seriously?

Who are you trying to convince with all this?

Us or yourself?

I'm not trying to convince anyone, I simply telling it as it is.

If you want to believe me that's fine, if you don't that is fine too.

39The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sun Jul 31 2016, 00:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rolling Eyes

40The Latest Wheeze from the ST - Page 2 Empty Re: The Latest Wheeze from the ST Sun Jul 31 2016, 01:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"So get over yourselves simply because some old bloke on the internet is taking the piss and laughing at us!"

Say the word sluffy,and I'll knock his block off.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum