Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks?

+3
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Empty John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Tue Jul 10 2012, 12:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm no fan of John Terry. Decent player, but a bit of a tit by all accounts. I have no idea if he is a racist and don't particularly care.

What I do care about is the ridiculous trial going on right now. This is a five day trial to find out whether John Terry used racist language to another overpaid ponce, Anton Ferdinand.

Five days! How do you make a trial last five days? It's a fucking joke, the cost to the taxpayer must be huge. This is how the trial should go:

Mr Terry, did you use racist language...yes or no?
Mr Ferdinand, did you hear Mr Terry use racist language...yes or no?
Is there any tv footage or sound to back up the claims...yes or no?

Jury decides. Job done inside an hour.

But this is the best bit, in the highly unlikely event John Terry is found guilty he can't be jailed and the maximum fine is £2500!! John Terry spends that amount on a night out.

We seem so desperate to brand people racist these days that all common sense has gone out of the window. The world has gone mad.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I still can't believe this farce has actually gone to court in the first place, yes Terry is a bit of an idiot to say the least but if the £2500 is the maximum penalty then just make him pay it and be done with it.

I truley believe Rio ferdinand has a lot to do with his brother taking it this far and if he was anyone elses brother this would have been swept under the carpet a long time before now.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he's done something wrong, i'd rather he be punished for it.

It doesn't lessen the impact just because he's racially abusing an "overpaid ponce"

racism, is racism, if he is found guilty he takes the fine, if not, fair enough to him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If he's done something wrong, i'd rather he be punished for it.

It doesn't lessen the impact just because he's racially abusing an "overpaid ponce"

racism, is racism, if he is found guilty he takes the fine, if not, fair enough to him.

I knew you'd make this about racism. This thread is about the waste of money to the taxpayer. It doesn't matter if John Terry is accused of racism or not paying a parking ticket - a five day trial at a cost of thousands is ridiculous in this economy.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:If he's done something wrong, i'd rather he be punished for it.

I knew you'd make this about racism. This thread is about the waste of money to the taxpayer. It doesn't matter if John Terry is accused of racism or not paying a parking ticket - a five day trial at a cost of thousands is ridiculous in this economy.

Not much else they can do other than take it to trial, Terry denies being racist, Ferdinand said he was, so it goes to trial. That's just how the legal system works.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I doubt it would have gone to trial and blown out of proportion if a crawley player had said the same thing to someone playing for Torquay though, do you?

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If you use the 'cost to the tax payer' line, very few legal trials are 'worthwhile'. I am personally pleased that being, as you so delicately put it, an "overpaid ponce", hasn't allowed Terry to escape the law.

If I did what Terry is alleged to have done, and a member of the public made an official complaint to the police (which is what happened in this case), I would be up before the magistrate too.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:

Not much else they can do other than take it to trial, Terry denies being racist, Ferdinand said he was, so it goes to trial. That's just how the legal system works.

But for 5 days?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

If I did what Terry is alleged to have done, and a member of the public made an official complaint to the police (which is what happened in this case), I would be up before the magistrate too.

Not for five days you wouldn't, and it wouldn't get anywhere near court if there wasn't firm evidence i.e. caught on camera.

10John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Empty Re: John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Tue Jul 10 2012, 12:41

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:

But for 5 days?

It so happens that both sides are able to pay for the best legal representation money can buy and they want time to present their case. That's why it is 5 days.

11John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Empty Re: John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Tue Jul 10 2012, 12:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

It so happens that both sides are able to pay for the best legal representation money can buy and they want time to present their case. That's why it is 5 days.

Duh, state the obvious why don't you. The fact is it's a waste of taxpayers money and five days for this sort of offence is just dumb.

Sometimes people just need to stand up, cut through the PC crap and use a little common sense.

I once sued someone for £3500 through the small claims court. I got 10 minutes in front of a judge and then he ruled. And my case was much more complex than John Terry's.

12John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Empty Re: John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Tue Jul 10 2012, 12:53

13John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Empty Re: John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Tue Jul 10 2012, 13:02

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

Duh, state the obvious why don't you. The fact is it's a waste of taxpayers money and five days for this sort of offence is just dumb.

Sometimes people just need to stand up, cut through the PC crap and use a little common sense.

I once sued someone for £3500 through the small claims court. I got 10 minutes in front of a judge and then he ruled. And my case was much more complex than John Terry's.

I'd rather state the obvious rather than state the totally irrelevant.

Small claims are a civil matter.

Small claims are dealt with in a special rapid track.

Barristers and solicitors are not used in small claims.

All of which you would know if your small claims story were true.

14John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Empty Re: John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Tue Jul 10 2012, 13:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It looks like Ferdinand admits to starting it by bringing up Terry's previous dalliances with Bridge's missus.

15John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Empty Re: John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Tue Jul 10 2012, 13:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Is it safe to say that the days of "sticks and stones" are long gone?
OK, we can't turn a blind eye, but a five day trial?

16John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Empty Re: John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Tue Jul 10 2012, 13:20

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:Is it safe to say that the days of "sticks and stones" are long gone?
OK, we can't turn a blind eye, but a five day trial?

This is an 'Amos' type post. WTF.

17John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Empty Re: John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Tue Jul 10 2012, 13:45

largehat wrote:

If we did a Biggest Dickhead poll on this site I reckon you'd even beat me. If people don't agree with your point you just belittle them. I'd like to meet up with you please.

18John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Empty Re: John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Tue Jul 10 2012, 13:48

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bolton Hater wrote:
largehat wrote:

If we did a Biggest Dickhead poll on this site I reckon you'd even beat me. If people don't agree with your point you just belittle them. I'd like to meet up with you please.

Bolton Hater, you're like a turd that won't flush. Go away child.

19John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Empty Re: John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Tue Jul 10 2012, 13:54

largehat wrote:

Bolton Hater, you're like a turd that won't flush. Go away child.

You're very good at throwing around the abuse, I bet you're a chicken shit in real life.

20John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Empty Re: John Terry Trial: Load of Bollocks? Tue Jul 10 2012, 13:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I'd rather state the obvious rather than state the totally irrelevant.

The point to anyone who hasn't become a WUM is that a court case can be settled in no time, regardless of whether it's criminal or civil.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum