Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Matchday Programme Empty The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 18:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Do you buy one?
And what do you do with them?
I've always bought a programme,it's been part of my routine since the year dot,but I've accumulated so many I'm beginning to wonder what I'm going to do with them all. 
I'm a hoarder when it comes to this sort of stuff,and apart from the Wanderers programmes,I've got hundreds of others I started collecting as a teenager,some of which are worth a few bob,yet I still can't bring myself to sell them.
It's not like you can display them. They just sit there in boxes until someone feels a nostalgic need to have a look through them.
I had a look through some of the older ones yesterday,and I must say they're a lot more stylish than their modern counterparts,although with considerably fewer pages.
I sometimes look through the 1958 Cup Final programme,and give it a quick sniff. Does me the world of good.
So do you buy and keep,or is it straight in the bin? Can you afford to waste three quid?

2The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 20:17

I will be on saturday Very Happy

3The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 20:21

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I bought the Nat Lofthouse one, the first game after he died was against Chelsea, i don't really bother now.

4The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 20:22

Taking my missus' canadian cousins to the game.  7 of us altogether including my lad.

5The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 20:34

I've got a box in the loft full of ones from the 80's and early 90's but I stopped buying them because I kept leaving them in the pub.

6The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 20:47

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Remind me to tell you about my lapel badge collection. Very Happy

7The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 20:52

Let me guess.......

The Matchday Programme $_35

8The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 20:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sorry to disappoint. They're all football related.

Apart from my Blue Peter badge.

And my Desperate Dan Pie Eaters Club badge.

9The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 21:01

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Anyone want to buy the Nat Lofthouse programme, or any other .

10The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 21:04

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Breadman wrote:I've got a box in the loft full of ones from the 80's and early 90's but I stopped buying them because I never go. I kept leaving them in the pub.

11The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 21:05

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Breadman wrote:I've got a box in the loft full of ones from the 80's and early 90's but I stopped buying them because I kept leaving them in the pub.

Full of shit.

12The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 21:06

@boltonbonce wrote:Sorry to disappoint. They're all football related.

My lad got a green blue peter badge a couple of weeks ago Smile

13The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 21:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Well done to him. Didn't have the green ones in my day. Very Happy

14The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 21:31

@boltonbonce wrote:Well done to him. Didn't have the green ones in my day. Very Happy
They do different colours for different activities.  I think his was for doing a drawing of something environment related.

15The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 21:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@y2johnny wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:Well done to him. Didn't have the green ones in my day. Very Happy
They do different colours for different activities.  I think his was for doing a drawing of something environment related.
Mine was for drawing Petra,the BP dog. Not a very good drawing either if I remember rightly.

16The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Mon Aug 15 2016, 21:54

Like grandad like grandson

17The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 09:51

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@boltonbonce wrote:Sorry to disappoint. They're all football related.

What about your Jim Fixed it for me badge, or are the memories too painful.

18The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 10:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Chris Trace, the original presenter of Blue Peter was my dad's officer when he was in the army. My dad wrote off to him and we got signed photos back. haven't a clue what happened to them.

19The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 10:06

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I won a football signed by all the Bolton players at a quiz at the old Burnden Park Supporters Club way back in the late seventies and had a photograph with Ian Greaves and John Ritson. Neither of which I still have along with my program collection which has also gone.
I never get one now as I think they're a rip off, I guess the fact that I'm an old git diminishes the appeal of them.

20The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 10:09

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
i haven't bought one for years, the only ones i still have are the ones from the Sherpa Van final against Torquay, the last game at Burnden and the first game at the Reebok

21The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 11:46

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I've got a signed football, but can't read the signatures. Maybe I should have looked after it instead of chucking it in the shed

22The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 11:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I've still got my 'I'm backing Bolton' pin-on lapel badge, from another desperate period Very Happy

23The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 11:57

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@gloswhite wrote:I've got a signed football, but can't read the signatures. Maybe I should have looked after it instead of chucking it in the shed
I'm worse than that, after a while we played with it. At the time non of us could afford a proper "casie" so the getting to play with a professional standard ball outweighed the signatures.

24The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 12:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Best ball we ever played with as kids was the Frido A. Dimpled,and was affordable.

25The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 12:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think it was this one we had as kids but I only remember having one of them as they didn't last as long on tarmac/concrete.

The Matchday Programme 2Q==

I remember these being around 12 quid.

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Aug 16 2016, 12:48; edited 1 time in total

26The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 12:47

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Had plenty of these ones as a kid as they lasted much longer although you had more chance of these popping from spikes on bushes etc.

The Matchday Programme Mitre-super-dimple-b4059-football

These were about 8 quid I think.

These didn't half sting if someone booted it at your legs.

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Aug 16 2016, 12:49; edited 2 times in total

27The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 12:47

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@boltonbonce wrote:Best ball we ever played with as kids was the Frido A. Dimpled,and was affordable.
No it was the trophey panel ball all day, the frido was a flyaway.
The Matchday Programme Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsDY014if9TiPgRMhuo8sXDhAkdk1ssk0_NY-1je2V2G250wql9gThe Matchday Programme Z

28The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 12:51

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
@karlypants wrote:I think it was this one we had as kids but I only remember having one of them as they didn't last as long on tarmac/concrete.

The Matchday Programme 2Q==

I remember these being around 12 quid.
You played with a premier league ball when you were a kid, who you trying to kid.
this is what you had as a kid
The Matchday Programme 9k=

Smile

29The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 12:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
That looks a cheap Frido.
The balls were used were belters. Flew very true. 6/11d

30The Matchday Programme Empty Re: The Matchday Programme on Tue Aug 16 2016, 12:55

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
We always had the trophy one shown but you had to blow it up just below maximum because if you blew it up solid it was like a rock.

was it this one 
The Matchday Programme Frido-1960

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum