Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anderson on the club's transfer activities.

+9
scottjames30
Bread2.0
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
Bolton Nuts
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Indeed.

Just to get back on topic for a while, I think he's got it right with the loan deals. If we're doing well in January they'll probably look to extend the loans that expire then. If we get promoted, KA mentioned that they'd look at bringing in investors to try to buy players who can push on to the Premiership - so next summer is going to be very interesting as just about everyone will be either out of contract or their loan will have expired - which means we could have a completely new team.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think bread is following Sluffy around with a big stick, poking him every chance he gets.

Has anybody else noticed this?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

anderson - Anderson on the club's transfer activities. - Page 2 ALTERNATIVE%20VIEW%20OF%20NEW%20KITCHEN_New

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:anderson - Anderson on the club's transfer activities. - Page 2 ALTERNATIVE%20VIEW%20OF%20NEW%20KITCHEN_New
Is it a kitchen?

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

scottjames30 wrote:I think bread is following Sluffy around with a big stick, poking him every chance he gets.

Has anybody else noticed this?
I blame it all on Brexit!

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:it's a refreshing change from the bunker mentality Gartside and Uncle Eddie used to have.

I was dubious at KA when he first came in, probably because he looked like a second hand car salesman, but he is doing things the right way and we seem to be heading in the right direction for the first time in years
Said Norpig.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why are you reviving this thread now Bob? Just another opportunity to have a pop at me by any chance?  Rolling Eyes

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Why are you reviving this thread now Bob? Just another opportunity to have a pop at me by any chance?  Rolling Eyes

Just ignore the simpleton like I do Norpig. Smile

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Why are you reviving this thread now Bob? Just another opportunity to have a pop at me by any chance?  Rolling Eyes
Not at all, Norpig. Don't be so inward-looking.

There was a logic in what you were saying about  the 'second hand car salesman' doing things the right way and the club heading in the right direction.

He was doing what the circumstances required and decided, rightly or wrongly, that he should explain it. But, despite KA's notable achievements, it didn't stop him from being pilloried and hung out to dry.

We are making progress now but not as quickly as we were under Ken Anderson and we are taking on commitments that someone is going to have to finance down the line.

Interesting to note that its Neil Hart that's been doing all the talking whilst we hear very little from Auntie Sharon or the other shareholders.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

To be fair i did think KA was doing a good job to start with, but it did soon change quite quickly. 

I think he thought he could come in and steady the ship then sell on for a profit. when that didn't happen he panicked and it all went downhill from there.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:To be fair i did think KA was doing a good job to start with, but it did soon change quite quickly. 

I think he thought he could come in and steady the ship then sell on for a profit. when that didn't happen he panicked and it all went downhill from there.
That was the deal, Norpig. That's what KA took on.

KA didn't panic but he was never going to pay the likes of Ben Amos et al out of his retirement savings. Why on earth should he?

It was all made more difficult because of Holdsworth's involvement and the Blumarble loan. KA ran out of time and Eddie died whilst interested parties circled above awaiting an opportunity to get it at the lowest possible outlay.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brown nosing are we now Bob...

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Brown nosing are we now Bob...

No, he's simply stating what did happen.

I know Bob isn't everyone's cup of tea - not even mine at times - but he's right about what he says about stuff like this more often than not.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
karlypants wrote:Brown nosing are we now Bob...

I know Bob isn't everyone's cup of tea - not even mine at times - but he's right about what he says about stuff like this more often than not.

He wasn't simply stating what happened at all!!!

He started this shit off with the following bringing old threads up to see if he got a reaction...

tenbob

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

What do you mean more often than not? Please draw my attention to any facts that I have got wrong on this site or any other.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

What do you mean more often than not? Please draw my attention to any facts that I have got wrong on this site or any other.

You are a prized knob Bob!

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:

You are a prized knob Bob!
I'm actually too polite to say what I think about you, but the challenge goes out to you as well

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I've corrected you more than once - and you know it.

You've corrected me hundreds of times more, and thank you for guiding me in the right direction as you often do but don't come it with trying to pretended you are perfect.

None of us are.

We all make errors and omissions from time to time - even you.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

You've corrected me hundreds of times more, and thank you for guiding me in the right direction as you often do but don't come it with trying to pretended you are perfect.

None of us are.

Sorry Sluffy but forgive me for saying so but you do seem to have had another attack of 'wrong end of the stickitis'.

Annoying as it may be, when I offer comments its because I know and understand what I'm talking about. Otherwise I keep my mouth shut.

https://trailers.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/670d3f0c-2c33-4abe-bef6-011f21ce41b4

On rare occasions, I might inadvertently make a minor mistake but I always make a point of correcting it on discovery. If there is anything I have overlooked or misunderstood I look forward to your bringing it to my attention.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

None of us are.

Sorry Sluffy but forgive me for saying so but you do seem to have had another attack of 'wrong end of the stickitis'.

Annoying as it may be, when I offer comments its because I know and understand what I'm talking about. Otherwise I keep my mouth shut.

https://trailers.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/670d3f0c-2c33-4abe-bef6-011f21ce41b4

On rare occasions, I might inadvertently make a minor mistake but I always make a point of correcting it on discovery. If there is anything I have overlooked or misunderstood I look forward to your bringing it to my attention.

I've got the wrong end of the stick did I?

You offer comments because you know what you are talking about - otherwise you keep your mouth shut - are you absolutely certain of that?

On rare occasions you might inadvertently make a minor mistake...

Well here's one where you were wrong by £2.5m, Mr Perfect...

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Sorry Sluffy. I edited my previous post this morning without seeing your response. 

Unless there’s something we’ve overlooked, I think the word wangled might best sum it up. There seems to have been a lot of wangling going on.

I see that Iles has picked up on Barry’s argument that it was only £2.5million. 

I respect Barry’s argument but remain unconvinced that it wasn’t £5million of government moolah.

BarrygoestoBolton wrote:Good morning, Bob. It seems to me that the fourth paragraph under note 18, page 33 of the 20/21 accounts is pretty much definitive.

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Thanks Barry. I’ve not been through all the notes yet. I’m thinking that I’ll need to put my forensic hat on when I do.

The whole truth is sometimes not immediately obvious and a few carefully worded scripts or omissions can easily take you off in the wrong direction.

Ten Bobsworth wrote:A few words come immediately to mind on first reading of Note 18, Barry. They include convoluted, byzantine, impenetrable and clear as mud. Sorry.

BarrygoestoBolton wrote:Bob, while those are undoubtedly excellent words, I don’t feel they apply here. It’s quite clear:

“The balance outstanding at the reporting date amounted to £5,302,466, which includes accumulated interest £2,651,234 of the total outstanding balance was due to UKFF Nominees Limited with £2,651,233 being due to the shareholders.”

Note 24, paragraph 3 says comments that the £5m loan plus accumulated interest was converted to equity on 28th October 2021.

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Thanks Barry. That does seem to take us forward. I still have unanswered questions in my mind on all of this. 

Time to get my forensic hat on but first I must master the instructions on how to erect the workbench I bought yesterday.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk/t24230p140-bolton-s-finances-accounts-for-year-ending-30th-june-2021-and-everything-else-since#443103

At this point you realised you had been wrong, the sum in question was £2.5m and NOT £5m as you had "offered a comment on" because you "know what you are talking about" otherwise you would "have kept your mouth shut" - your words Bob, not mine!!!

And did you "make a point of correcting it on discovery, as you always do" - did you bollocks, you changed the subject to your workbench and never made any mention of your "rare" and "minor" mistake ever again!!!

So cut the crap Bob, you're only human like the rest of us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum