Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 MK Dons - Match Report Post #63

+20
gloswhite
doffcocker
bryan458
Cajunboy
Fabians Right Peg
Norpig
Bread2.0
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
JAH
Keegan
Jack Russell
King Bill
karlypants
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It is a very similar start to Wigan in L1 last season where they weren't beaten very often but drew a lot of games early on. A big part of the reason for that was a massive amount of new players bought in and acclimatising to the new league. 
Once everything clicked into gear for them they went on to win the division at a canter because when everything gelled they had the quality to put teams away.
Our circumstances are very similar and if anything we're starting from further back because of the finances but I'm confident with the new additions we will have the quality when everything falls into place to win the division but until it does there will be a few bumps in the road.
We're further along now than I and judging from the pre-season predictions others on here thought we'd be but the four wins on the bounce start in some ways worked against us because:
A) it set the fans expectations unrealistically high for where we were in our rebuilding
B) it made other teams in the division sit up and take notice and make us targets

I am confident we'll click into gear soon because we look to be getting close but we're not there yet.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

whatsgoingon wrote:It is a very similar start to Wigan in L1 last season where they weren't beaten very often but drew a lot of games early on. A big part of the reason for that was a massive amount of new players bought in and acclimatising to the new league. 
Once everything clicked into gear for them they went on to win the division at a canter because when everything gelled they had the quality to put teams away.
Our circumstances are very similar and if anything we're starting from further back because of the finances but I'm confident with the new additions we will have the quality when everything falls into place to win the division but until it does there will be a few bumps in the road.
We're further along now than I and judging from the pre-season predictions others on here thought we'd be but the four wins on the bounce start in some ways worked against us because:
A) it set the fans expectations unrealistically high for where we were in our rebuilding
B) it made other teams in the division sit up and take notice and make us targets

I am confident we'll click into gear soon because we look to be getting close but we're not there yet.
Wigan had 10 points at this stage,i t took them 10 games to get to our total, but i accept your point of view and agree there are similar trends.

My concern is that our injury list is to large in % terms out of our total squad. and they are primarily all creative players.

Walsall away Spearing is suspended, so i expect Thorpe to step up, this kid captained United reserves and the England under 19s so i must have some quality he plays CH or defensive midfield so should be able to step in.

But if no one recovers we will again have little on the bench to change things if we need  a goal.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just on the Scunthorpe game in hand, before that game we have a set of fixtures they are away to Shrewsbury if they loose and we win then the game in hand still leaves us on top. Just an optimistic spin but still valid.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Just on the Scunthorpe game in hand, before that game we have a set of fixtures they are away to Shrewsbury if they loose and we win then the game in hand still leaves us on top. 

I'm glad you worked that one out for us

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There must surely be a role for Derik to play in front of the back 4........

Apologies if someone has already suggested this.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Last week I suggested that we wait a few more games before anointing us champions....and was roundly abused by Nat and others about being negative. Reading above is some of the most negative patter to be seen in years...err well at least a week or two.

MK Dons came down with us and it was on the cards for a draw/loss with them. Our level is League One until proven otherwise. As others have said we can be bumped from the top spot in the next round...... although if we can't beat a Wallsall then do we deserve the top spot anymore. 

I do expect a bounce back this weekend though.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:
wessy wrote:Just on the Scunthorpe game in hand, before that game we have a set of fixtures they are away to Shrewsbury if they loose and we win then the game in hand still leaves us on top. 

Tit alert !!! I was talking to the grown ups

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Did you know that grass is green?

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm Boggersbelief wrote:
wessy wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Stop being a bell end he didn't work it out he pointed it out like many other things have been pointed out.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
I'm Boggersbelief wrote:
wessy wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Stop being a bell end he didn't work it out he pointed it out like many other things have been pointed out.

ok I'm glad he pointed it out

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:
wessy wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Not as green as you sonny boy i have hairs up my arse older than you, and much more intelligent, you say things for effect, in effect you say nothing grow up. 
As pointed out others had said that the Scunthorpe game would knock us off the top maybe not the case, of course you knew that so it wasn't worth mentioning.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:There must surely be a role for Derik to play in front of the back 4........

Apologies if someone has already suggested this.
He was definitely in Parky's plans at one stage but was injured early in the game, so it's reasonable to assume that he'll be back when fit.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
wessy wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

Not as green as you sonny boy i have hairs up my arse older than you, and much more intelligent, you say things for effect, in effect you say nothing grow up. 
As pointed out others had said that the Scunthorpe game would knock us off the top maybe not the case, of course you knew that so it wasn't worth mentioning.

Your grammar is terrible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum