Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 MK Dons - Match Report Post #63

+20
gloswhite
doffcocker
bryan458
Cajunboy
Fabians Right Peg
Norpig
Bread2.0
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
JAH
Keegan
Jack Russell
King Bill
karlypants
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You all seem to be forgetting that this group of players is fairly new, they need time to gel and settle in. The main thing is we are still picking up points whilst playing poorly. 

Worried about the lack of goals though, we should have tried harder to bring in someone who knows where the net is rather than relying on a 19 year old from palace

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:You all seem to be forgetting that this group of players is fairly new

Excuses, excuses.

Players not being able to pass 5 yards or not being able to control the ball is about ability.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I don't think it's possible to have a -1% pass completion rate but Buxton must be pretty damn close. What a terrible footballer he is. Not that he's the only one to blame for us not winning, there were several disappointing performances today sadly.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Buxton was extremely poor, at fault for the goal, constantly out of position and offered nothing going forward. Taylor looked good, the strikers need time to gel, proctor and Anderson where too far apart so when proctor was winning the ball in the air Anderson wasn't close enough to pick up the pieces.

Though Henry spearing and vela played well enough.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:Thought Henry spearing and vela played well enough.

You weren't there. Henry did absolutely nothing. How any sane person could be happy with his performance is beyond me.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:Thought Henry spearing and vela played well enough.

You weren't there. Henry did absolutely nothing. How any sane person could be happy with his performance is beyond me.
Your welcome to your opinion on henry, as to my whereabouts and sanity they are none of your business.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:Your welcome to your opinion on henry, as to my whereabouts and sanity they are none of your business.

I don't think you really believe that.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Before the season started all of us on here were talking about consolidation and in some cases talking about not doing a Bkackpool. The early start has done what I suspected it might which is to raise expectations too soon.
We are very early days and with a team that has cost nothing with a new manager, I'm happy to keep my feet on the ground, embrace our top of the table position and look forward to our progression.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We started off playing well, with some reasonable passing. As the game went on, we lost our way again. Our play reverted to the long ball, to strikers who weren't doing it, and a midfield that were quite clueless when it came to tactics. 
In fairness, MK Dons passed us off the park in the second half, and it was painful to see how we preferred to run into them rather than actually tackle. Our passing was nonexistent, and I can't see us holding this lofty position for much longer.
Having said that, there were a few good bits, and the team is yet to settle. (forever the optimist)

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

In case somebody wonders, yes, I was at the game  Very Happy

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I thought that it was as tedious as it gets. The football was mediocre- almost as bad as the stuff we witnessed last season. - and I didn't think it could get worse than last season's fare but it looks like it could be.
There was nothing on display at the game to enthuse anyone and if we maintain that standard then we'll end up mid table.
It was mediocrity writ large! An utter waste of an afternoon.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:But we should at least be able to batter Fleetwood.

They are the Cod Army.
Ouch.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All's not well in paradise - yet. We seem to be in two camps even though everyone is happy with our current position despite finally losing the initiative to in-form Scunny yesterday. Criticism of our performances to date has been met with "but we're undefeated and top of the league" as if that statement somehow wipes away the bad bits and implies that anyone who is not 100% delighted is being negative rather than constructive. 

Nat wrote: wrote:I am really disheartened after today.

A 1-1 draw isn't the end of the world, but the performance was pitiful and the manager clueless.

While I'm not expecting world beaters at this level, too many of our players can't even do the basics that should be taken for granted.

Buxton had one of the worst games from any Bolton player ever. Gave them the goal, gave them a penalty, and consistently got caught in possession or passed the ball straight to a red shirt.

The other fullback Taylor wasn't much better, fucking useless crosser of the ball.

In midfield Trotter continues to trot through the match as though it's a Sunday morning game after a skinfull the night before. James Henry was even worse, what a fucking useless wanker he is. He's slipped into the Mark Davies anonymous roll with ease. Vela, for all the so-called admiring glances from other clubs, needs to fucking learn to pass.

But upfront was where, as usual, we were at our fucking worst. Proctor is a donkey in everything but name. The twat can't even control a simple pass, time and time again the ball bounced off his fat knee or shin. And he should fucking get himself fit, there's no excuse for a professional footballer to be knackered after 60 minutes. We'll probably never know if this bellend can finish as he plays football with his back to goal. One thing is for sure, Madine is twice the player Proctor is, at least he can hold the ball up occasionally.

And fucking Keisha Anderson is an embarrassment. I've seen more muscle on a piece of string. I wouldn't mind so much if his so-called pace got him into good positions, but he seems to excel at running into defenders and losing the ball. The one time he did get through he shot straight at the goalkeeper when it seemed easier to score. He should have been off after half an hour, the shitbag. Woolery is twice the player this tugboat is.

But the biggest bellend of the day was our manager. We were shit all day, he should have changed things at half-time, if not earlier. But like all previous Bolton managers he waited until the opposition scored before making a change. And although Ameobi showed a couple of neat touches, the game was crying out for something different, but he left it until 85 minutes to make further changes. Fuck off Parkinson.

If he doesn't drop Buxton for Walsall he is a cocksucker. Wilson is a much better rightback. And if he picks Anderson or Henry before Ameobi next weekend I will personally see to it that someone does a dump on his kitchen floor.

Fuck off.
OK I don't necessarily agree with all the concerns expressed above, and there are a couple of other issues that weren't mentioned, but it's clear to me that we have a long way to go before we are good enough to dominate games comfortably in this league.

We had our fair share of decisions going in our favour in the earlier games so I don't think that blaming the ref for not giving us a couple of pens yesterday is any sort of excuse - although the cliche that decisions even out over the season is not one I personally subscribe to.
Maybe it's simply a case of us not having hit our stride yet, but the biggest worry is that the new signings - who filled us with hope on transfer deadline day - are not going to provide us with the attacking threat we'd hoped they would. 
Anderson made it clear that he is banking on us getting promotion this season so for the sake of the club Parky is going to have to find another gear IMO and hopefully it will happen before we lose our mojo altogether - because despite our position I think we're cruising for a bruising somewhere down the line and when that happens our players tend to get nervy.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lets take a step back we hoped to stop the rot, stop the decline, i think we have achieved this. On August 7th  if offered over two points a game we would have thought the offer deluded.

I expected to draw yesterday, i thought that we would beat Southend. 

To have a go at the manager is basically ludicrous, i nearly posted a thread pre match to say that if Trotter was injured then we would struggle to name a bench and would have nothing to change it with in terms of attack.

Yesterday he only had Sammy and Chris Taylor on the bench he used both, i disagree with Nat on Henry i think he gives us options, If Anderson scores next game then he is back in favour.

The most disappointing player for me is Vela he just rarely delivers, First half Buxton played right in front of me he did very little wrong ok at fault second half.

The truth is MKD raised their game when we had them on the rack, they turned it around and became the better side, BUT we remain unbeaten did you really think seven games in we would be saying that.

We have drawn the  last three and we are a little disappointed but the gap remains at two points so that tells you that we are not alone in being unable to cash in.

Take a reality check we nearly went bust, we are now top of the table the Chairman seems to be putting the club back on the right track, chill out and take it for what it is, a battle to turn the club around. as for the other full back he as played little football and will improve.

Nat just because a guy isn't built like a brick shit house doesn't mean he can't play, i give you Craig Davies or Lionel Messi ? 

We would have taken the play offs before a ball was kicked we are well on track to achieve this.

Oh yes Proctor the Donkey at least three times he brought difficult balls down with superb touch, he is a player of this level so get used to it .

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Lets take a step back we hoped to stop the rot, stop the decline, i think we have achieved this. On August 7th  if offered over two points a game we would have thought the offer deluded.

To have a go at the manager is basically ludicrous, i nearly posted a thread pre match to say that if Trotter was injured then we would struggle to name a bench and would have nothing to change it with in terms of attack.

Yesterday he only had Sammy and Chris Taylor on the bench he used both, i disagree with Nat on Henry i think he gives us options, If Anderson scores next game then he is back in favour.

The most disappointing player for me is Vela he just rarely delivers, First half Buxton played right in front of me he did very little wrong ok at fault second half.

The truth is MKD raised their game when we had them on the rack, they turned it around and became the better side, BUT we remain unbeaten did you really think seven games in we would be saying that.

We have drawn the  last three and we are a little disappointed but the gap remains at two points so that tells you that we are not alone in being unable to cash in.

Take a reality check we nearly went bust, we are now top of the table the Chairman seems to be putting the club back on the right track, chill out and take it for what it is, a battle to turn the club around. as for the other full back he as played little football and will improve.

Nat just because a guy isn't built like a brick shit house doesn't mean he can't play, i give you Craig Davies or Lionel Messi ? 

We would have taken the play offs before a ball was kicked we are well on track to achieve this.

Oh yes Proctor the Donkey at least three times he brought difficult balls down with superb touch, he is a player of this level so get used to it .
Depends on how far you step back Wessy. There was a time when we might have ceased to exist and to have overcome that initial hurdle is something to be delighted about. 
But since then we have a new manager and a new team with 12 signings coming in when we thought we couldn't afford any so we were given reasons to be cheerful.
Add to that the results that have gone our way and I think it was perfectly reasonable to come into this game with some hope that our performance would be an improvement on what has preceded it this season.
In the event, it wasn't an improvement and that is significant because either the new players haven't got the quality we need to ensure we achieve our goal (promotion) or they just haven't gelled as a team yet.
We all hope it's the latter, but if it's the former it's going to be a tougher season that we should reasonably expect from a team with our wage bill.
So yes it could be worse, but equally it could be better - even though we are top of the league for now and undefeated.
Perhaps it would be a good thing if Scunny played their game in hand asap and then we can put this top of the league thing behind us?

Far too early to be having a go at the manager but stirring it is what Nat does.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Lets take a step back we hoped to stop the rot, stop the decline, i think we have achieved this. On August 7th  if offered over two points a game we would have thought the offer deluded.

Depends on how far you step back Wessy. There was a time when we might have ceased to exist and to have overcome that initial hurdle is something to be delighted about. 
But since then we have a new manager and a new team with 12 signings coming in when we thought we couldn't afford any so we were given reasons to be cheerful.
Add to that the results that have gone our way and I think it was perfectly reasonable to come into this game with some hope that our performance would be an improvement on what has preceded it this season.
In the event, it wasn't an improvement and that is significant because either the new players haven't got the quality we need to ensure we achieve our goal (promotion) or they just haven't gelled as a team yet.
We all hope it's the latter, but if it's the former it's going to be a tougher season that we should reasonably expect from a team with our wage bill.
So yes it could be worse, but equally it could be better - even though we are top of the league for now and undefeated.

Scunny play their game in hand on the 20th (home to Charlton) so if they win as expected we can put this "top of the league" business behind us. Mind you if we do anything other than win away at Wozzle we'll probably lose the top spot next Saturday anyway and could even be 4 points off the top with a worse GD by a week on Tuesday.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:

Scunny play their game in hand on the 20th (home to Charlton) so if they win as expected we can put this "top of the league" business behind us. Mind you if we do anything other than win away at Wozzle we'll probably lose the top spot next Saturday anyway and could even be 4 points off the top with a worse GD by a week on Tuesday.

All fair points, my main point was that it was unfair to have a pop at PP for this game, anyone who looked closely pre match would see  that due to injuries the team almost picked itself, leaving just two attacking players on the bench.

All of our injuries are attacking options added to those that left we had little to change and PP made the only changes he could in terms of winning the game .

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Bloody hell Wander, ever the optimist  Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Scunny play their game in hand on the 20th (home to Charlton) so if they win as expected we can put this "top of the league" business behind us. Mind you if we do anything other than win away at Wozzle we'll probably lose the top spot next Saturday anyway and could even be 4 points off the top with a worse GD by a week on Tuesday.
Bloody hell Wander, ever the optimist  Very Happy
Nothing to do with optimism or pessimism Glos. Just pointing out that being top of the league as a reason to explain away our continued inability to put teams away - especially at home - won't necessarily hold up for long and we need to start winning again soon if we want to stay at or near the top. The players need to forget about the current league position and focus on the job in hand i.e. the next game.
And if they can stay focussed on one game at a time, I'm optimistic that we'll do well.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Can't disagree with that  :good:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum