Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parky tells his high-flying Wanderers to ignore their ref justice

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson has told his troops: Leave the referees to me!

Upset that his team has been denied clear-cut penalties in their last two games against Southend United and Charlton, the Whites boss is hoping it will be third time lucky when Mersyside official Peter Bankes takes the field at the Macron tomorrow.

But while Parkinson has not been shy of voicing his opinion on League One’s referees over the course of the first six games, he has warned his players that they must ignore any of his touchline histrionics.

“I always say to the players not to let decisions affect them and if I’m appealing on the touchline or losing my cool, don’t lose theirs. In fairness to the lads, they have done that,” he told The Bolton News.

“I just think we’ve had some 50-50 calls be more like 40-60, particularly at home. I go back to the Mark Davies one against Fleetwood, a more obvious penalty you’d never wish to see but he got booked for diving.

“When you look down the list, some teams in the division have had three penalties already. They haven’t gone for us to date.

“We will get them. It will even itself out. We just need to keep doing the right things and hopefully they come your way.”

Parkinson is still scratching his head as to how Wanderers did not manage to beat Phil Brown’s Southend last time out, and extend their lead at the top of the table.

“It was frustrating because we didn’t get three points but not in the fact that no team in the division created more chances than us, no-one conceded fewer attempts on goal than us, and yet we only drew,” he said.

“We know we have got to make those near chances into goals but I am confident we have the players to do that.”

With Gary Madine out injured, Parkinson may well turn to summer signing Jamie Proctor to lead the line against MK Dons.

The Whites boss does have a clutch of new signings to soften the blow – with Sammy Ameobi pressing for his first start.

“We’re having to get the new lads up to speed physically but they have had a good week in training,” he said. “We had a practice game today and looked at a few different scenarios they might face on Saturday, so I feel like we are well prepared. At the moment we’re still getting to know the new lads as individuals but as they come in and have lunch every day, do the gym work, they gradually get to know their team-mates.

“When we get Gary Madine, Zach Clough and Max Clayton back as well then we’ll have some real options. At the moment we’re still a bit threadbare but gradually they’ll come back.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum