Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parkinson urges Wanderers to shake-off Walsall defeat

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson will not allow Wanderers to mope after crashing to a surprise defeat against 10-man Walsall.

The Whites were left licking their wounds on Saturday as their unbeaten record was ended at the Banks’s Stadium.

Despite having Joe Edwards sent off after just 15 minutes, the Saddlers quickly took a lead they never relinquished through Jason McCarthy and were indebted to some inspired goalkeeping from Neil Etheridge.

Parkinson’s side had been seven unbeaten before kick-off but the Whites boss refused to be too downbeat about the result.

“There was no lack of effort, our desire to get back into the game was great,” he told The Bolton News. “But we have had a lot of praise during this run, so we have to take this defeat on the chin and bounce back ready to start another one.

“Sometimes you give everything you’ve got and it isn’t to be. I think this is one of those occasions. There were a few cases where you would expect us to do better with the chances we created but I think there were more where the keeper made the great save. He (Etheridge) is paid to keep the ball out of the net but having seen his performance and a few of the saves again, the one from Jamie Proctor was as good as anything I have seen for a while. The one from David Wheater – he was seven yards out and saved it - I honestly don’t know how we didn’t put the rebound into the net.”

Wanderers were reduced to 10 men in injury time when Keshi Anderson was handed a second yellow card from referee Trevor Kettle.

The young striker picked up his first caution for running on to the pitch too early to replace Chris Taylor but, claims Parkinson, had been told to do so by fourth official, Ravel Cheosiaua.

“For Keshi Anderson to end up sent off is one of the most ridiculous decisions you’re ever likely to see,” he said.

“I was stood with the fourth official and he kind of pushed Keshi on to the pitch. I was like ‘Chris hasn’t come off yet’.

“To say Keshi was trying to cheat and that he wanted us to play with 12 men, he wasn’t, he was being told to go on by the fourth official.

“Surely common sense has got to prevail and he should just pull him over.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum