Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 0-0 Bradford - Match Report Post #38

+17
doffcocker
King Bill
bryan458
Bread2.0
Sluffy
wessy
Jack Russell
boltonbonce
terenceanne
scottjames30
gloswhite
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Keegan
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The bottom line is that we are no better than anybody else in this league. We are not going to hammer anybody and chances are most of our games will be low scoring dire affairs. That's just the way it is currently. Now if some of our injuries are resolved and we get maybe two more players in the next window then we could get a small edge. We could do with an away win tomorrow for all concerned.

We've lacked creativity and pace for years now, and nothing was done over summer to address it. Tough to blame PP for that, the noises he was making over summer was that he was told he had money that turned out not to be there. 

At the end of the day though, if you have a striker like Proctor (or even Madine) up front you need plent of width to get balls into the box for them, we simply aren't doing that. It's not a huge surprise to hear that Moxey and Buxton kept getting caught out of position Saturday, with the absence of any real wingers they're probably being told to push right up - which Buxton has showed he isn't up to. 

So you could blame Parky for playing a system (Lone target man) for which he doesn't have the players, but given the injuries/suspensions of Madine, Andersen, Clough (on the way back), Clayton and Mavies, then the complete lack of out and out wingers in the squad makes me question what else he could do at this point.

The positive is, we're in a decent league position without having played particularly well and the defence does look very solid. The negative is that we're unlikely to have any additional funds to add the creativity and pace we need to the side.

First thing I'd do is put Vela to RB and get him and start Keshi alongside Proctor.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc1874 wrote:We've lacked creativity and pace for years now, and nothing was done over summer to address it. Tough to blame PP for that, the noises he was making over summer was that he was told he had money that turned out not to be there. 

At the end of the day though, if you have a striker like Proctor (or even Madine) up front you need plent of width to get balls into the box for them, we simply aren't doing that. It's not a huge surprise to hear that Moxey and Buxton kept getting caught out of position Saturday, with the absence of any real wingers they're probably being told to push right up - which Buxton has showed he isn't up to. 

So you could blame Parky for playing a system (Lone target man) for which he doesn't have the players, but given the injuries/suspensions of Madine, Andersen, Clough (on the way back), Clayton and Mavies, then the complete lack of out and out wingers in the squad makes me question what else he could do at this point.

The positive is, we're in a decent league position without having played particularly well and the defence does look very solid. The negative is that we're unlikely to have any additional funds to add the creativity and pace we need to the side.

First thing I'd do is put Vela to RB and get him and start Keshi alongside Proctor.

But just a month ago lots of people were all excited about the new players coming in ....Big Ken was pleased and Parky was excited...... all was rosey again.......nope.
Agree with your first fix with Vela and Keshi for tomorrow....... why we don't have a winger is beyond me.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:But just a month ago lots of people were all excited about the new players coming in ....Big Ken was pleased and Parky was excited...... all was rosey again.......nope.
Agree with your first fix with Vela and Keshi for tomorrow....... why we don't have a winger is beyond me.
We do have wingers, Henry, Amoebi and Taylor are all wingers by trade but Parkinson despite assertions that he is a 4-4-2 man and likes width is trying to shoehorn everyone into a narrow diamond with no width at all and trying play everything down the middle and usually long.
Despite this we are still losing the battles in the middle which makes it even more ridiculous. It even looks like he's had the pitch narrowed to accommodate this.
The other point you touched on is the fullbacks, while I don't think Buxton is any good our full backs are on a loser because of the system as well, our midfield is so narrow that the fullbacks are completely exposed every time a team attacks down the flanks, if the full backs get forward then they are usually facing a 2 on 1 while the other 9 outfield players are central.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

you're right about the pitch WGO, it's been brought in about a metre looking from where i sit in the East Lower. You could tell from the old and new pitch markings

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:We've lacked creativity and pace for years now, and nothing was done over summer to address it. Tough to blame PP for that, the noises he was making over summer was that he was told he had money that turned out not to be there. 

While I agree we have no width, you could have Gareth Bale on the wing and Proctor still wouldn't score a goal. I haven't seen an ounce of skill or ability from him, it's quite an achievement to make Madine look good.

The only time we've had any width was in the first home game against Sheffield Utd when Wilson played right back. Unfairly dropped and we've been poor ever since.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:While I agree we have no width, you could have Gareth Bale on the wing and Proctor still wouldn't score a goal. 
Because he'd probably overlap him on the outside, we say we lack width but to be fair Proctor spends most of his time hiding out there.
Agree on Wilson but PP looks like another who has his favourites and you have to shag his missus to get dropped.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum