Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 0-0 Bradford - Match Report Post #38

+17
doffcocker
King Bill
bryan458
Bread2.0
Sluffy
wessy
Jack Russell
boltonbonce
terenceanne
scottjames30
gloswhite
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Keegan
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Both sides cancelled each other out, very little goal threat but to say this was worse than last season, well not for me last year really was pants.

My main gripe is in midfield, Spearing apart we have no one who drives forward or can create gaps,
Trotter just does as little as possible we carry him, and Vela,just when will he deliver,he is no longer a kid breaking through such a disappointment yet again. I would drop Trotter and play with 11 men.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:
doffcocker wrote:One great big steaming pile of dog turd of a football match.

The game itself is hardly worth talking about though so I just wanna raise a question that has been baffling me.

Attendance:

vs Sheff United: 17,050
vs Fleetwood: 13,524
vs Southend: 13,519
vs MK Dons: 12,727

Today: 11,486 ????

If they're going to make these numbers up they could at least have an educated guess.
Official attendance was 17,486

Where did you get that from?

I'm going off what it says on the club website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've made yourself look a right knob.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You know we are bobbins when we are missing Pratley an Madine FFS.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:
doffcocker wrote:One great big steaming pile of dog turd of a football match.

The game itself is hardly worth talking about though so I just wanna raise a question that has been baffling me.

Attendance:

vs Sheff United: 17,050
vs Fleetwood: 13,524
vs Southend: 13,519
vs MK Dons: 12,727

Today: 11,486 ????

If they're going to make these numbers up they could at least have an educated guess.
Official attendance was 17,486

Where did you get that from?

I'm going off what it says on the club website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Tower commentator, and if you think only 7,000 Bolton fans turned up, then you didn't go.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:
Tower commentator, and if you think only 7,000 Bolton fans turned up, then you didn't go.

I did go, and I don't think only 7,000 fans turned up, which is kind of what I'm basing my point on.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

For all the negatives today, thought Beevers and Wheater where superb.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:For all the negatives today, thought Beevers and Wheater where superb.

To be fair they were under no pressure whatsoever.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:For all the negatives today, thought Beevers and Wheater where superb.

To be fair they were under no pressure whatsoever.

Both had to cover for Moxey and Buxton who often found themselves woefully out of position.

It was like having a back two at times today.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree on that, Buxton especially is truly awful. The fact Parkinson can't see this is why he should be sacked.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a pleasure to see Tommy Banks at half time. The present lot aren't fit to lace his boots.

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

boltonbonce wrote:What a pleasure to see Tommy Banks at half time. The present lot aren't fit to lace his boots.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I like to be positive where possible and am often accused of giving people the benefit of the doubt but that was fucking woeful. As a manager you would be comfortable and confident picking Howard, Wheater,Beevers and Spearing and after that your struggling to pick. I hope Madines back soon because whatever negatives people have about him he's head and shoulders above anything else we have.
I'm worried about Parkinson and his lack of ambition, he seems to be wanting to defend first every game and nick a win if possible, there is some serious shit in this divis and we should be looking to dick some of them but he's frightened to death of sending an attacking team out.
Given the shit we are playing I have to agree that this is as poor as last year, PP needs to grow a pair of bollocks and pick a team to batter someone and send them out with the instructions to do just that.
This slide needs to be arrested now, we've shown that our mentality is brittle.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
This slide needs to be arrested now, we've shown that our mentality is brittle.

Agreed. And if Rochdale come at us I fear a thrashing.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

It would seem that we've slipped into coasting mode. Whether that's the managers first part of consolidating a new team, or a hangover from last season I don't know. What I do know is that if we don't get our finger out, right now, then the mind set will remain for too long to do anything worthwhile this season.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A small part of me thought we could build on the first four matches. Ya know, sides that can play bad and still win, sign of a good team n all that.

Sadly it's looking more like the sort of season I predicted from day one. I don't blame it all on Parky, I do think he's made a few disappointing (to date) signings - none more so than Buxton who just looks like a five-a-side player - but as ever with new Bolton managers, I'm sure he'd have loved to get rid of various parasites such as Trotter and replace them but is instead having to make do. I also think it's a lot harder than most people seem to think to play the kinda positive football we all wanna see when we're as devoid of flair and general attacking quality as we are. I mean how many players do we have that are actually capable of playing that forward pass or picking up the ball and running at defenders?

So it's all very glum, but as ever, the berating of the manager is well premature in my opinion.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:but as ever with new Bolton managers, I'm sure he'd have loved to get rid of various parasites such as Trotter and replace them but is instead having to make do.

No one forces these managers to pick him. You're telling me Derek couldn't do a better job than Trotter in midfield?

It's just shit management I'm afraid.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:but as ever with new Bolton managers, I'm sure he'd have loved to get rid of various parasites such as Trotter and replace them but is instead having to make do.

No one forces these managers to pick him. You're telling me Derek couldn't do a better job than Trotter in midfield?

It's just shit management I'm afraid.

Nobody thought Proctor could do a worse job than Madine only a couple weeks ago, now one or two shit performances later, people seem keen to get him back.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

Nobody thought Proctor could do a worse job than Madine only a couple weeks ago, now one or two shit performances later, people seem keen to get him back.

True. But you could replace Trotter with Peter Kay and it wouldn't weaken us.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Perhaps this puts the loss of Mark Davies in better perspective.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum