Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Rochdale - Match Report Post 19

+12
Norpig
bryan458
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
Bwfc1958
Bollotom2014
karlypants
Boggersbelief
gloswhite
wanderlust
observer
Natasha Whittam
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure I can make the game, I suspect I might be trapped in my penthouse as all the Valentine's cards will be blocking the door.

Regardless, everyone is upbeat after Saturday so we'll probably fuck up.

1-1.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Not sure I can make the game, I suspect I might be trapped in my penthouse as all the Valentine's cards will be blocking the door.

Regardless, everyone is upbeat after Saturday so we'll probably fuck up.

1-1.
So instead of this nonsense, tell us what formation and who you would put on the pitch to avoid losing or drawing this match.  If you are the number one fan, you could also be the number one coach.  Let's draw on your knowledge base and give Parky some guidance... I'm sure he reads Nuts.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tough one to call this because I don't know what Parky has in mind. Dale are a good team, but we're at home so I'm guessing we'll edge it by the odd goal.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

2-1 to us Madine

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2-0 ALF brace

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Rochdale

1. Back-to-back wins?

Wanderers ended their winless run in emphatic style last weekend as they overcame an early setback to thrash Walsall 4-1 on Saturday.

With trips to promotion rivals Bradford City and Sheffield United coming up, the Whites will be eager to secure back-to-back home wins when they host Rochdale on Tuesday night.

And with local bragging rights also up for grabs, it's certain to be a lively encounter at Macron Stadium!

2. Derby day under the lights
Having lost to Rochdale earlier in the season, Bolton will be hungry to make amends against their nearby neighbours on Tuesday night!

Everyone loves a local derby and with games under the BL6 lights always special occasions, there will be a special atmosphere inside Macron Stadium come 8pm!

3. Three at the back
With defensive injuries seeing the Trotters switch to a 3-5-2 formation against Walsall on Saturday, Wanderers could continue with their new system against Rochdale.

Despite falling behind early on against the Saddlers, the Whites fought back impressively as they put in a dominant display to seal victory.

With Derik Osede excelling in the back three alongside David Wheater and Mark Beevers, Filipe Morais put in a man-of-the-match performance at right wing-back.

Elsewhere, Liam Trotter scored a sensational long-range effort after returning to central-midfield alongside Josh Vela and Jay Spearing, while Adam Le Fondre and Chris Long both caused problems in attack alongside Gary Madine.

More of the same on Tuesday please, gents!

4. Adam Le Fondre
After making his first start since his return to Bolton against Walsall, Adam Le Fondre will be facing his former employers on Tuesday night.

The forward enjoyed a prolific two-and-a-half year stint with Rochdale at the start of his career, with his efforts quickly recognised higher up the Football League ladder.

Now back at Macron Stadium following a goal-laden spell with the Trotters two seasons ago, with Alfie be able to come out on top against familiar faces and net his maiden Wanderers goal?

5. Valentine's Day!
Tuesday night's game takes place on Valentine's Day! What better way to spend it than bringing a date to BL6 and spending your evening watching the Whites lock horns with Rochdale in a heated local derby?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] are still on sale, while you could even treat your partner and watch the match in style from one of our stunning [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] suites!

Enjoy pre-match entertainment, a delicious one-course meal, a match day programme, half-time refreshments plus cushioned seats on a prime viewing location on the East Stand Upper Tier.

Match tickets are on sale [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], while hospitality packages are available [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

You know what to do!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Apparently, via Iles, Long has a hamstring problem. That was a bit quick.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bollotom2014 wrote:Apparently, via Iles, Long has a hamstring problem. That was a bit quick.
Obviously Bolton weather does not agree with hamstrings... too many problems every season.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Not sure I can make the game, I suspect I might be trapped in my penthouse as all the Valentine's cards will be blocking the door.
Snap! Sadly I can't make the armchair tonight as I'll be wining and dining the missus. I am considering giving the ticket to my next door neighbour though.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Snap! Sadly I can't make the armchair tonight as I'll be wining and dining the missus. I am considering giving the ticket to my next door neighbour though.
#shit armchair fan.

Very Happy

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I feel a win coming tonight. It suspect it won't be straightforward but I think we have enough to take care of business. 3-1.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
#shit armchair fan.

Very Happy
The shame of it. I can't even sing on my own...
Well i can but the missus will hate me and I'll probably get kicked out of the restaurant.

Roses are red
Bolton are white
We gotta beat rochdale
They're fooking shite

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live via the portal or the following link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Couple of after match tweets from Iles -

Spearing suspended. Got booked for kicking the ball away apparently. Kick in the shin after a great night #bwfc

Taylor is hamstring. Doesn't think it will be bad one.

and -

Twist in the goalscoring stakes... Liam Trotter might also have a claim on it, according to some of the lads.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Spearing will be a big miss at Bradford, Taylor even more so.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It was good to see Dean Moxey come on and show everyone what we've been Missing!!!!! FUCK ALL.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 1-0 Rochdale

IN BRIEF

Wanderers picked up a second consecutive victory in Sky Bet League One following a feisty derby encounter with Rochdale on Tuesday evening. 

During a goalless first period, Bolton saw efforts cleared off the line from Gary Madine and Liam Trotter.

The deadlock was eventually broken with just seven minutes remaining however as Mark Beevers poked the ball over the line following carnage in the Dale six yard box to earn the Trotters all three points.

TEAM NEWS

Wanderers were unchanged from the starting XI who were in from the off against Walsall last time out, with the only change coming on the bench with Dorian Dervite amongst the substitutes ahead of Max Clayton.

FIRST HALF

Bolton started strongly in the clash, with the visitors under pressure from the outset as Filipe Morais lofted a number of tantalising crosses into the mix.

Adam Le Fondre and Gary Madine then linked up cleverly with eight minutes gone, only for the assistant referee’s flag to halt the former in his tracks with only the goalkeeper to beat.

It was certainly a quieter start to proceedings than Saturday’s clash though, with both teams easing themselves into the encounter.

Wanderers were definitely looking the more likely of the sides to open the scoring however, with Ben Alnwick simply being called upon to clear his lines on occasion.

Clear cut chances were few and far between as the game reached its quarter-mark, but Bolton were knocking on the Rochdale door with Le Fondre being harsly adjudged to have fouled the goalkeeper when fighting for the ball on the goal line.

A goal looked to have arrived in the 34th minute as firstly Madine saw a header cleared off the line, while David Wheater’s follow-up effort was met by Le Fondre, who was also denied by some last ditch Dale defending.

Bolton’s pressure continued, with Keith Hill’s side back in their numbers as the clock ticked down to half time, while Liam Trotter saw a point-blank shot blocked on the line.

Just before half time meanwhile, Andrew Taylor succumbed to a knock with the full-back having to be replaced by Dean Moxey. Come the break though, the scores remained goalless.

SECOND HALF

With no changes at half time, proceedings got back underway at a bitterly cold Macron Stadium.

And it was again a tentative start to the half, although Alnwick had to be on his guard to pluck a lofted Rochdale effort out of the air with the ball hovering over the goalmouth.

Ollie Rathbone then saw the best opportunity of the game go begging as his flash-shot whipped inches wide of the post.

A goalmouth scramble then ensued shortly after, with no Rochdale shirt able to turn the ball home inside the six yard box.

The chances seemed to breathe a little confidence into the visitors, with Bolton forced back to defend a succession of attacks from the Spotland outfit.

After weathering the storm however, Wanderers were soon back on the attack with a Moxey daisy-cutter eluding the goalmouth by a matter of inches.

Just after the hour mark meanwhile, Chris Long was introduced in a bid to inject some fire power into the Whites.

The game was finely balanced on a knife edge, with Rochdale themselves looking dangerous on their forays into Bolton territory, although Alnwick was calmly collecting anything that came his way.

Frustration was evident for Wanderers when they moved forward too, with Long causing problems for the Dale defence but ultimately coming up just short in his attempts.

With the game inside its final ten minutes, it was all Bolton and they were eventually rewarded as Beevers poked the ball home with seven minutes remaining following a melee in the Rochdale six yard box.

The ball itself didn’t even hit the back of the net, but the assistant deemed that it had crossed the ball to the delight of the home faithful.

In the dying embers meanwhile, Wanderers almost had a second after a Dale body nearly turned home a Madine cross, only to see the ball trickle inches wide of the post.

But come the final whistle it mattered not, with Bolton running out winners for the second game in succession. 

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

poor performance last night but we won i suppose. Trotter was back to his usual standard - hopeless. He is a complete passenger in games and it looks like he actually avoids the ball.

The 352 worked on Saturday but not last night and i was screaming for Parky to switch to a 442 and bring on the new lad Otabor to create some width but instead he went for Thorpe. Parky got lucky that we scored when we did as bringing on Thorpe at 0-0 would not have gone down well as it would have been seen as settling for a point and negative.

The lads next to me said that Spearing will miss 2 games as it was his 10th booking, don't know how true that is but, if it's correct then it's a massive loss for us against Bradford and Sheffield Utd away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum