Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chesterfield 1-0 Bolton - Match Report Post #24

+11
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
Bollotom2014
gloswhite
karlypants
Norpig
Bread2.0
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
bryan458
Boggersbelief
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In case you lot forgot whilst you're all busy talking shite about boardroom antics we have a big game coming up and a chance to return to the top of the league.

We still look a bit fragile away from home but Chesterfield look like relegation fodder so we should be winning this.. 1-3 top at Christmas

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just been on a Chesterfield forum 99% are expecting a very heavy defeat, wont disappoint then 3=0 win !!!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thing that worries me about this one is complacency because Chesterfield are fighting for survival and our lads are doing well. Providing they are up for it we should win comfortably but they should be in no doubt that Chesterfield will have a proper go.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:The thing that worries me about this one is complacency because Chesterfield are fighting for survival and our lads are doing well. Providing they are up for it we should win comfortably but they should be in no doubt that Chesterfield will have a proper go.
I don't think PP leaves any room for complacency and the work ethic seems to be there whoever we play, Peterborough aside we have maintained a level of performance.
I'm going 2-0

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

whatsgoingon wrote:
wanderlust wrote:The thing that worries me about this one is complacency because Chesterfield are fighting for survival and our lads are doing well. Providing they are up for it we should win comfortably but they should be in no doubt that Chesterfield will have a proper go.
I don't think PP leaves any room for complacency and the work ethic seems to be there whoever we play, Peterborough aside we have maintained a level of performance.
I'm going 2-0

I love the comment in the Gary Madine article where he says that after coming off after one game with cries of "Fuck off, Madine!" still ringing in his ears, Parky basically pulled him and said "Listen, this lot think you're shit. You can sulk about it or prove them wrong. What's it gonna be?"

No mollycoddling from our Phil it would appear.

And it looks like it's working.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
I don't think PP leaves any room for complacency and the work ethic seems to be there whoever we play, Peterborough aside we have maintained  level of performance
I'm going 2-0

Are you forgetting Rochdale, Walsall and Northampton. Ok we didn't lose all them but we need  to improve away from home if we want to go up

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Confidence must be sky high at the moment and we don't look like conceding so i expect a win

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
I don't think PP leaves any room for complacency and the work ethic seems to be there whoever we play, Peterborough aside we have maintained  level of performance
I'm going 2-0

Are you forgetting Rochdale, Walsall and Northampton. Ok we didn't lose all them but we need  to improve away from home if we want to go up
I'm talking about the run of the last 12 games, we had a blip after a good start with the games you mentioned but we have won 9 of our last 12 games. Our away record is P:10 W:6 D:1 L:3
have a little faith

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Confidence must be sky high at the moment and we don't look like conceding so i expect a win
I agree along with another clean sheet please! Smile

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:
Norpig wrote:Confidence must be sky high at the moment and we don't look like conceding so i expect a win
I agree along with another clean sheet please! Smile
Apparently Conor Wilkinson can't play so it's down to Ched the ladies man

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I actually think we can win this  1-2

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm going the full yard. We'll either win, lose or draw. I'm that confident.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Mark Haywood to officiate Chesterfield clash

Mark Haywood will officiate Wanderers’ Sky Bet League One clash away at Chesterfield as the Whites pay their first visit to the Proact Stadium on Saturday.

The West Yorkshire based official has been involved in the professional game for the past eleven seasons and has been the man in the middle for eight Bolton games in the past, including this season's home meeting with Oxford United.

Mr Haywood has run the rule over 19 games so far this campaign, dishing out 61 yellow cards and five red cards.

Michael D’Aguilar and Wayne Grunnill will run the line, while Mark Brown is the fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Approx 2,008 tickets have been sold so far with another 500 allocated for this game.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll  be there, will the armchair crew?

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Approx 2,008 tickets have been sold so far with another 500 allocated for this game.

...and you can pay at the gate as well apparently, according to BWFC Official news.

We're buzzing like a team now and I think we'll win this one 3-1

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Chesterfield v Bolton Wanderers

1. Defensive Prowess

Wanderers’ come into this fixture having won nine of the last 10 games. We’ve also shown our stubbornness at the back during that period keeping clean sheets in eight of them fixtures.

Currently boasting the best defence in Sky Bet League One, Phil Parkinson’s men haven’t conceded in over 360 minutes of league football. 

Our away form also makes for good reading, conceding just six goals from our 10 away fixtures this season. Let’s hope our ability to shut out teams continues this weekend.

2. Goals, Goals, Goals
It’s not just our defenders that are in form, striker Gary Madine has scored three times in the last two games. His movement on and off the ball has created goal scoring chances for both himself and his team mates.

Elsewhere in the side, Josh Vela has scored three times in his last five, while Sammy Ameobi has found the net in each of his last two. However, Zach Clough still leads the goal scoring charts with seven goals.

All four of the lads will be crucial if we are to come away from the Proact Stadium with three points.

3. First trip to the Proact
Speaking of the stadium, this weekend’s game will be the Whites’ first visit to Chesterfield’s new ground. 

Wanderers’ last visited the Derbyshire side in the Second Round of the FA Cup in 1990. With the Proact opening in 2010, it’ll be another new stadium for the travelling Bolton fans this weekend.

4. Travelling in numbers
Having sold out our initial ticket allocation of 1976 tickets, we’ll be arriving on Saturday backed by over 2000 travelling fans. 

Travelling far and wide so far this season the support of Bolton fans on the road has been admired by staff and players alike. 

With pay on the day also available it could be another memorable trip for the travelling support.

5. Last game before Christmas
The win over Gillingham was our last game at Macron Stadium until Boxing Day, however, the trip to Chesterfield this weekend will be our last final game before Christmas.

If results go our way Wanderers’ could top the table this weekend and will go into a busy festive period full of confidence and momentum.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

60 Second Press Conference:

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Team unchanged from Monday.

Good.