Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Politicians on reality TV

+5
Reebok Trotter
whatsgoingon
Bwfc1958
gloswhite
scottjames30
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Politicians on reality TV Empty Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 08:49

Does it grate on anyone here as much as it does me?

Just seen an interview with Ed Balls after his appearance on Strictly come dancing.  WTF is that all about!!!  We had Edwina Currie, famous for sucking John Major's Major, on the Jungle programme, and who can forget George "i'll be the cat!" Galloway on Big Bother! (typo intended!)

I'm sure there has been more and i'd say it always ends in them looking like a bit of a div, so hwy do they do it?

2Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 08:58

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ed Balls was funny on strictly.

3Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 09:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its usually because they think their time in the limelight is getting less, so they have to do something, anything, to stay in the public's memory. 
They say its for a laugh, but its quite pathetic, and they don't seem to realise they are there to be laughed at, and not with.

4Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 09:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I sat at a table next to Geoff Hurst the other day, in Waitrose, and he seems a very nice chap. Mind you, he lives in Cheltenham, and I've seen him wandering around a few times now, and never seen him bothered by passers-by. Obviously, after 40 years, people have got used to him  Very Happy

5Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 09:38

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Their chances of being taken seriously are completely diminished after doing stuff like this. It smacks of desperation, and like Glos says, it's really quite pathetic.

6Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 09:40

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

gloswhite wrote:I sat at a table next to Geoff Hurst the other day, in Waitrose, and he seems a very nice chap. Mind you, he lives in Cheltenham, and I've seen him wandering around a few times now, and never seen him bothered by passers-by. Obviously, after 40 years, people have got used to him  Very Happy
Using an anecdote containing Geoff Hurst to crowbar in the fact you shop at Waitrose. Posh bastard.  Very Happy

7Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 09:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If you've got it, flaunt it, (my case comes up next week  Very Happy )

8Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 09:54

It is pathetic and i've not seen a single one come out of it in positive light at all.

The Galloway one particularly was very creepy.

9Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 09:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Never liked Galloway, the slimy bastard.

10Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 09:59

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:I sat at a table next to Geoff Hurst the other day, in Waitrose, and he seems a very nice chap. Mind you, he lives in Cheltenham, and I've seen him wandering around a few times now, and never seen him bothered by passers-by. Obviously, after 40 years, people have got used to him  Very Happy
Years ago I worked in VAG dealers and we used to provide extended warranties, Geoff Hurst was a director and came up a few times and like you say he was very nice and completely unassuming.
I remember going shopping at M&S after one of his visits  Very Happy

11Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 10:00

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2j 3.0 wrote:It is pathetic and i've not seen a single one come out of it in positive light at all.

Where he was a cat on Rula Lenska's lap?
That was one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen on TV.

12Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 10:20

whatsgoingon wrote:
y2j 3.0 wrote:It is pathetic and i've not seen a single one come out of it in positive light at all.

13Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 10:30

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2j 3.0 wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

The disturbing part is he isn't doing it like it's a piss take, he is taking it seriously it makes me feel sick watching it.

14Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 16:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Galloway takes the biscuit in fairness. Another one who didn't excactly cover himself in glory was that failed Liberal MP, Lemsip Optic. Why do they bother?

15Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 16:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I stood behind Roger Hunt in Greggs.

16Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 17:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
I stood behind Roger Hunt in Greggs.
What did he buy?

17Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 17:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't remember,it's a long time ago. He was born not far from where I'm living.

18Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 17:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boris Johnson made his reputation as an affable buffoon on Have I Got News For You and it didn't do him any harm.

19Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 17:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Charles Kennedy likewise.

20Politicians on reality TV Empty Re: Politicians on reality TV Wed Oct 05 2016, 20:14

wanderlust wrote:Boris Johnson made his reputation as an affable buffoon on Have I Got News For You and it didn't do him any harm.
Boris johnson is an anomoly.  In more ways than one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum