Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do Politicians Deserve a 15% Pay Rise?

+4
scottjames30
Hipster_Nebula
waynagain
Natasha Whittam
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It looks increasingly like MPs are about to be awarded a 15% pay rise, despite the fact they have put a freeze on pay rises in the public sector.

The general consensus amongst politicians seems to be that they are currently underpaid and deserve this increase.

How do you feel about this?

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:It looks increasingly like MPs are about to be awarded a 15% pay rise, despite the fact they have put a freeze on pay rises in the public sector.

The general consensus amongst politicians seems to be that they are currently underpaid and deserve this increase.

How do you feel about this?

Yes, definately

and Bolton Hospital should be congratulated on spending 3.5 million on consultants

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The question isn't do they deserve it the question is how do we get the economy moving, create jobs and provide a rigorous NHS we can be proud of.

I could be a politician.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The cheeky bastards, they're cutting everybody else's wage but giving themselves a big pay rise, and they've got the cheek to slag off the greedy bankers ?

I think they are looking after themselves , 'what's this we're all in it together crap'.?

It doesn't surprise me though, its everyone for themselves now a days.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The actual figure quoted is 10%, nevertheless it is out of order.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't have a problem with the pay of MP's being looked at and if they are deserving of a raise to bring them in line with equivalent pay for professionals in the private sector as long as the following conditions are met

2nd homes and anything other than reasonable expenses are paid by them from their salary.

They are not to take 2nd jobs while serving as MP's

If they take a lucrative position in business or public sector when they finish they forfeit their pension.

Fair enough I think. There are plenty of "professional" earning in excess of the current MP's salary [65k per year basic] I think so they may have a case for parity but if they get it, parity, then the perks stop end of.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

FUCK NO.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The Labour Party will be refusing any pay increase and demanding a pay decrease.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

waynagain wrote:The Labour Party will be refusing any pay increase and demanding a pay decrease.

lol!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

this is not sour grapes as i work for the NHS, but no way do they deserve a 10% pay rise. It sends out the wrong message but they couldn't care less.

Silly me for thinking they became a politician to help people and make a difference.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Personally I think there would be more inner city riots if they awarded themselves a pay rise.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:Personally I think there would be more inner city riots if they awarded themselves a pay rise.

They'll be inner city riots if the temperature gets above 70 for a few nights during the school, holidays.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

Silly me for thinking they became a politician to help people and make a difference.

:agree:  Don't forget their expenses on top.

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

They should get an automatic raise every year like all the other government employees.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

waynagain wrote:They should get an automatic raise every year like all the other government employees.

I hope you have a big Keepnet.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Personally I think there would be more inner city riots if they awarded themselves a pay rise.

irresponsible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum