Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'We’re ready to explode' predicts Parkinson after Swindon victory

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers got out of jail with a lucky winner at Swindon Town – but Phil Parkinson warned League One: “We’re due a rout.”

A late own goal from Brandon Ormonde-Ottewill ensured the Whites did not equal a club record fifth blank, and moved them back up into fourth place in the table.

Parkinson believes his side deserved their moment of good fortune at the County Ground and feels it will not be long before his strikers start firing on all cylinders.

“We missed chances again but stayed focussed on the job at hand, no-one panicked, everyone played their part in a good team performance.

“I’ve been a player and a manager for a long time and been through periods like this before – even top teams with £50million strikers go through spells like this and you have to find a way of picking up results.

“The great thing at the moment – apart from last week – is that we’re creating a lot of opportunities. We have a lot of good technical players and I’m confident that a 4-0 a 5-0 is just around the corner.”

Wanderers had failed to score in their previous four games and could have matched the all-time longest barren streaks set in 1898 and 1990 had the 85th minute winner not been found in the end.

Swindon had a Raphael Branco sent off for a late elbow on Lawrie Wilson – but Gary Madine had also trod a fine line with referee Neil Swarbrick after being penalised for a similar offence early in the game.

Parkinson protested his striker’s innocence and praised the referee for keeping a lid on the problems.

“I have been here before and they really do throw themselves to the floor,” he said of his hosts, Swindon. You cannot let it frustrate you. In the first half the lads were letting that get to them and I told them at half time they had to calm down because the ref would deal with it. I thought he handled that very well. In the end it was good to see one of their players lose their discipline. Lawrie is okay, though.”

Parkinson believes the midweek cup win over Blackpool has helped Wanderers emerge from their slump.

“It was only the Checkatrade Trophy but just to get the win gave us a lift. You could see that in the way we passed the ball,”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum