Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Southgate

+7
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
xmiles
whatsgoingon
doffcocker
karlypants
sunlight
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 13:29

I'm with you, he wouldn't be anywhere near the starting line up for me. Same goes for Cahill now.

22Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 14:40

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:I'd have Redknapp all day long.
I reckon he's as bent as a nine bob note.

If The Telegraph are looking into iffy managers,he must be at the top of the list.

No wonder he loved deadline day.
give him the England job an watch them skeletons come tumbling right out,

23Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 14:52

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Joe Hart will play well in relatively non pressure games like these, however, when they are in the actual finals games he will be petrified again and make massive clangers from unforced situations. The other teams know this, thats why they were shooting from every distance last night. And it is why the man city manager got rid of him immediately upon his return from his big part in Englands exit from Euros. England were very lucky with that draw, Slovenia hit the post twice and other big chances. Slovenia could predict every pass and attack England made. When England attacked you could predict where they would pass it and what they would do, and from a few moves in front before they made them. No individual creativity whatsoever, and these are multi millionaire players. This is why Iceland and other relatively lower international sides beat them in the last tournament.

24Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 15:26

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Also if I were manager ( Im on high horse again ), Id be telling Rooney that if I catch him spitting once more he wont be anywhere near the team again. Everytime he was on camera he was spitting, cleaning his throat out and spitting. At the end walking to the tunnel full on camera, again, he spat a half dozen times. Why dont they get told??

25Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 16:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Also if I were manager ( Im on high horse again ), Id be telling Rooney that if I catch him spitting once more he wont be anywhere near the team again. Everytime he was on camera he was spitting, cleaning his throat out and spitting. At the end walking to the tunnel full on camera, again, he spat a half dozen times. Why dont they get told??

Does Scott spit or swallow?

26Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 16:36

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Does Scott spit or swallow?

Scott? there was a Scott on the pitch? what position was he in?

27Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 16:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Scott? there was a Scott on the pitch? what position was he in?

Probably on all fours.

28Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Wed Oct 12 2016, 18:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
sunlight wrote:Scott? there was a Scott on the pitch? what position was he in?

Probably on all fours.
Shocked Laughing

29Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Thu Oct 13 2016, 20:20

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

whatsgoingon wrote:I agree on Drinkwater who deserves picking ahead of Henderson all day, the ironic bit (and you're right in what you say about who they play for) is that Drinkwater has a current PL Champions medal in his possession. 

I'm not as convinced by Vardy, be benefits from the way Leicester play and I don't think he will be as effective for England.
Last night Stones made Cahill look like Beckenbaur and many of their chances came from his mistakes.

I really rate Townsend and was gutted he didn't go to France, he did more in his first 2 minutes on the pitch than Walcott had all night.

I can't think of a manager at the moment who would give me confidence (cheers Sam you bent greedy bastard) but out of what's about I would go for Hoddle for another try.

I said it over the years in other posts but I can't fathom Henderson at all. He's an ok player, workmanlike but nowhere near international level and to me not good enough for Liverpool either. Didn't he just sign a new deal with them?  Anyhow not blaming the lad for being picked. Never been a Joe Hart fan either......his distributing has been bad from day one.
If we rule out Vardy, Stones, Walcott and Rooney then who do we pick...it's not like the is a vast supply of England players at the moment.

30Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Thu Oct 13 2016, 20:22

Hart was like a player with a point to prove against slovenia, which he certainly did.  Best player on the pitch

31Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Fri Oct 14 2016, 09:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

y2j 3.0 wrote:Hart was like a player with a point to prove against slovenia, which he certainly did.  Best player on the pitch
Agreed, but why did it take all that pressure to get him to perform to his full potential ? 
Surely, the set up he's in, and the money he's on, he should be performing at that level more than he has been, especially for internationals.

32Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Fri Oct 14 2016, 10:40

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Agreed, but why did it take all that pressure to get him to perform to his full potential ? 
Surely, the set up he's in, and the money he's on, he should be performing at that level more than he has been, especially for internationals.
I agree but all players are subject to fluctuations in form and confidence levels, I like Hart and still believe he's our best keeper and reading what other players and managers say about him he's a great character to have around.
Keepers are like strikers in that their downturns in form are highlighted more than other areas, if a striker misses a few sitters it's glaringly obvious and if a keeper lets a few in again there's no hiding place but defenders and midfielders can hide when confidence is down (as many of ours do).

33Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Fri Oct 14 2016, 12:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He might be able to concentrate a bit better if he stopped his bloody advertising campaign  Very Happy

34Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Fri Oct 14 2016, 13:18

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:He might be able to concentrate a bit better if he stopped his bloody advertising campaign  Very Happy
In fairness he's head & shoulders above the rest at the moment

35Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Fri Oct 14 2016, 13:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
gloswhite wrote:He might be able to concentrate a bit better if he stopped his bloody advertising campaign  Very Happy
Southgate - Page 2 9k=

36Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Fri Oct 14 2016, 13:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

37Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Fri Oct 14 2016, 15:25

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

whatsgoingon wrote:

Laughing

38Southgate - Page 2 Empty Re: Southgate Fri Oct 14 2016, 21:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have to get to the root of the problem

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum: