Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Southgate to step down after Euro 2024

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It has been reported in the daily Mirror that Gareth Southgate is considering stepping down after the Euro 2024 tournament.

The FA are to hold talks with current Man City manager Pep Guardiola who is Spanish.

Gary Lineker has waded in and is saying that it should not be a foreign manager to manage the England squad and for the first time I agree with him.

As the FA need help in finding a suitable English manager I would like to put Sean Dyche’s hat in to the ring.

Who would you have as the next English manager?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:As the FA need help in finding a suitable English manager I would like to put Sean Dyche’s hat in to the ring.

lol!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What’s funny? Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have some very good attacking players and we need a top class manager to get the best from them. Southgate is failing miserably with his cautious approach and there isn't an obvious English replacement. I hope you're joking about Dyche, he wouldn't know attacking football if it smacked him in the face.

If Pep, Klopp or any other top foreign manager was up for the challenge I would welcome it.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But the thing is that if we ever won a major tournament, all we would hear forever more would be that it took a foreign manager for England to win.

Brazil, France, Germany, Italy and Spain have never had a foreign manager so why should we?

Sean Dyche spent 10 years at Burnley and has a win ratio of 35.06%. That’s 149 wins in 425 games.

Just think what he could achieve with a much better squad?

If you don’t like him, which English manager would you like to include as a good contender?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:But the thing is that if we ever won a major tournament, all we would hear forever more would be that it took a foreign manager for England to win.

Brazil, France, Germany, Italy and Spain have never had a foreign manager so why should we?

Sean Dyche spent 10 years at Burnley and has a win ratio of 35.06%. That’s 149 wins in 425 games.

If you don’t like him, which English manager would you like to include as a good contender?
Give it back to Big Sam.  Southgate to step down after Euro 2024 540293217

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:But the thing is that if we ever won a major tournament, all we would hear forever more would be that it took a foreign manager for England to win.

Give it back to Big Sam.  Southgate to step down after Euro 2024 540293217

Big Sam is a great shout. He would still be manager today if he and his son weren’t found out in the news about his back handers.

He still is the only England manager with an 100% win record! Very Happy

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with Nat, Southgate is far too cautious. Why did he feel the need to pick 2 holding midfielders against Ukraine? He left Henderson on for the whole game and he plays in a Mickey Mouse league.

Should have started with a midfield of Rice. Bellingham and Foden.

As for the likes of Maguire and Phillips getting in the squad, that is just ridiculous. neither should be anywhere near the squad at the moment.

I can't think of any English coaches who could step up and do that job at the moment so if Klopp or Pep wanted i would snatch their hands off.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Sean Dyche spent 10 years at Burnley and has a win ratio of 35.06%. That’s 149 wins in 425 games.

England have some top players so you need a manager who is used to dealing with top players. Sean Dyche has Neal Maupay and Michael Keane.

There is no English manager with the credentials to manage top players, Eddie Howe did ok last season but I suspect he'll be looking for a new job by Christmas if Newcastle don't pick up quickly.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

England have some top players so you need a manager who is used to dealing with top players. Sean Dyche has Neal Maupay and Michael Keane.

There is no English manager with the credentials to manage top players, Eddie Howe did ok last season but I suspect he'll be looking for a new job by Christmas if Newcastle don't pick up quickly.
They were talking about Graham Potter on talkSport yesterday. Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum