Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Aleppo - Did the good guys actually win?

+2
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A human tragedy no doubt about that, but now that Assad and the Russians (with no doubt help from Iran) seemed to have 'won' in Aleppo, is that a good thing for the world, or a bad one?

Seems to me from afar that the ongoing tragedy through out the middle east and 'Arab Spring' country's have come about through the west 'interference'.

On the face of it we saw despotic dictators ruling with an iron fist against their opponents and we took the opportunity to overthrow them when we saw a chance - which as resulted in making things even worse!

The power vacuum let extreme religious nutters take power and rule everyone with a very real fear of death if they did not like it.

Seems like the Assad's, Gaddafi's, Saddam's, Mubarak's, etc knew that their opposition were not like the opposition parties we have in the west - ie democratic - but religious zealots in the forms such as Talibans, Al-queda, IS, Hezbollah, etc - and so I guess the choice (if indeed people freely have one) is from a dictatorship by a person, or a dictatorship by a religion and its more extremist devotees.

Aleppo was about - as far as I understand it - religious groups at first fighting the dictatorship - then beginning to fight amongst themselves too based on how extreme their particular group is religiously.

Whilst the west opened the Pandora's Box, then didn't know what to do, it seems the Russians have stepped in and backed the dictator against the religious nutters - on the basis that they may as well fight this battle on foreign soil than wait to fight another Chechnya in their own backyard.

Looks as though the balance of power, certainly in this part of the world is changing.

Today a Turkish policeman assassinated the Russian Ambassador and shouted about Aleppo - so I guess he was on the zealots side of the fence.

What a mess.

I guess nobody can win out of such a mess and that the innocents will continue to suffer.

The sooner we can move away from the worlds reliance on oil, which this part of the world has in abundance, the sooner we can close the chapter on all of this and let them sort their own shit out.

Greed and religion really has a lot to answer for.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:religion really has a lot to answer for.

Fuck off.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Fuck off.

Religion is a load of bollocks that keeps morons in their place

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

I invite you to St Mary's church in Penwortham for Christmas carols on Saturday evening. It's special.

Just because a few nutters use religion as an excuse to murder, don't for a minute think most people are like that.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

I invite you to St Mary's church in Penwortham for Christmas carols on Saturday evening. It's special.

Just because a few nutters use religion as an excuse to murder, don't for a minute think most people are like that.
I wish it was a few but it isn't, most wars are started through religion, while it isn't the majority of any religion that takes it to that level it is a significant minority.
I won't be heading to St Mary's but we could congregate for a few hymns in the ESL next game, maybe start with abide with me.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

I know that most people don't use religion as an excuse, but the very fact that they believe in a man made god makes them nutty

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well said Sluffy.

And since you posted this there has been another atrocity in Berlin:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-38373867

I wonder if this has a religious motive and if so which religion?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Fuck off.

Very Christian!
Despite your self imposed superiority, you are dumb enough to appear to believe in fairies! Very Happy

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

I'll decline, I'll be out enjoying myself, it's Christmas!! I'm sure it will be very nice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum