Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Isis - The bad guys.

+7
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
Tigermin
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Isis - The bad guys. Empty Isis - The bad guys. Thu Jun 12 2014, 22:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Anybody interested in what is going on in Iraq?

A lot more worrying than what as been happening in the Ukraine imo.

For those who haven't a Scooby it's very complicated but basically it is this -

Muslims come in two sorts - just like Christians - but instead if being Cathlic and protestant, they are sunni or shia.

In the Muslim world the 'church' rules everything including the military and the law - that is why you hear things about Sharia Law - which basically means Islamic Law - and the followers of Islam are - Muslims!

Well I don't need to tell you what some of the more extreme Muslim followers get up to - Twin Towers, London bombings, suicide bombings, etc - so just think what a nice bunch of neighbours they would be if they set up home next to you - forget the Romainian family!

Well in a nut shell that is what Isis IS doing right now.

Isis is basically the Sunni muslims.  In Iraq Saddam was one - and since he got kicked out of power the Shia have been in control and have been shitting on them from a great height.

With the war in next door Syria, Isis evolved, carved out a chunk of the country for themselves then moved next door into Iraq and continued growing and taking land.

It is now looking odds on that unless the USA steps in Iraq will be in big trouble and maybe even have to cut thier country in two and give the north east part to them.

Syria may also have to give a chunk of itself away too - and out of nowhere an extreme Islamic country is born - who just happens to hate the west.

Things are looking grim for all non Sunni Muslims right now and no one can see any light at the end of the tunnel ahead.

Allahu Akbar.

2Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Thu Jun 12 2014, 22:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What an absolute clusterfuck the Iraq war has turned out to be. How the West must regret getting rid of Saddam. At least he kept the muttering nutters in check. It's all gone to ratshit and I wonder if that respected middle east diplomat Tony Blair still thinks it was a job well done.

The lesson here is that we should stop poking our noses in other countries business. Let the ungrateful oinks sort out their own problems. Every time I see Foreign Secretary Billy Hague giving it big licks about this crisis or that crisis, and how we must be firm and resolute, I feel like throwing my wheel brace through the TV screen.

3Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Thu Jun 12 2014, 22:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's always better living on the sunny side of the street.

4Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Thu Jun 12 2014, 22:28

This has sort of crept up, under the radar, hasn't it?

I was listening to the news on the radio in the car tonight and thought "Bloody hell! This is potentially serious shit."

Where's the American Special Representative to the UN now....?

Why's he not demanding that we get a mandate to mobilise the troops and "liberate" the good people of Iraq from this new tyranny?

Oh, sorry.....I forgot - 9/11's a distant memory and it's no longer "politically expedient" to send troops in, on the ground, to fight the good fight.

And Halliburton and the boys have already made their billions from Iraq, so let's just ignore it because it's not our fight.

Just like it never was in Gulf War One.

Or Gulf War Two.

Or Afghanistan........

It's all bollocks......

5Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Thu Jun 12 2014, 22:46

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isis have got Tikrit and Mosul in their pocket and Bagdhad is the next target. The bulk of Isis are made up of Iraqis so we should let them get on with it. Farmer Bob has practised genocide in Zimbabwe for years with impunity so what is different now? Oh hang on.... one country has no oil reserves. Go figure.

6Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Thu Jun 12 2014, 22:58

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Its a load of rag heads killing another load of rag heads,let the fuckers get on with it  :good:

7Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Thu Jun 12 2014, 23:33

Unfortunately it goes to prove what I said last year - and took a load of grief for, the Iraq/Afghanistan wars were a huge waste of life (on all sides) and money. We've left behind a country Islamists in the region can just take as they please and only served to further destabilise the region. It's a crime that soldiers died for such a cause.

8Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Thu Jun 12 2014, 23:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Thing is though that those so called 'rag heads' control much of the wests oil and if you really are as old as your avatar says you are, you will remember the time in 1973 when they cut us off and we had the 3 day week.

Not much fun coming home to candles and no heating or telly.

The good old days eh, not again for me thank you - we don't want the nutjobs turning the oil off just because some bloke made a cartoon of Allah in a suiside jacket or something else as equally daft.

9Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Thu Jun 12 2014, 23:45

Just watched Question Time and it reinforced why I'm totally pissed off with politics nowadays.

It's all about sounding good, but without any substance.

They're so out of touch and desperately trying to win votes, it's  fucking embarrassing......

10Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Fri Jun 13 2014, 08:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

We should definitely stay out of it. We shouldn't even give the Iraqi government weapons unless they pay for them because they just end up in the hands of ISIS when their shia "troops" run away. No doubt we will soon be seeing lots of images of women and children suffering just like in Syria and the begging bowls will be out again. Pity their fellow believers don't do more to help.

Most Iraqis were better off under Saddam (even though he was a ruthless dictator) and nobody seems to have benefited from the invasion of Iraq except some American companies and Al Qaeda.

11Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Fri Jun 13 2014, 08:39

Considering we created this mess and the implications of ISIS taking over I don't see how we can stay out of this one.

12Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Fri Jun 13 2014, 09:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

bwfc1874 wrote:Considering we created this mess and the implications of ISIS taking over I don't see how we can stay out of this one.

And what are we going to achieve by getting involved? As you yourself say " It's a crime that soldiers died for such a cause."

We contributed to creating this mess but any involvement in it now will just aggravate matters.

13Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Fri Jun 13 2014, 10:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is absolutely no way, IMO, the Americans can stay out of this IF this group take Baghdad.

Just wait until Cameron and Hague are on the TV proposing we help them, they were desperate for war in Syria and went into Libya without hesitation to get Gadaffi killed illegally and dragged through the streets like an animal.

Black hawk down wasn't that long ago, no way anyone will put any targeted ground presence into Iraq, no way. 

Iran are already in there, Saudi Arabia (one of our biggest allies and a country that has laws against "witch craft" and punishes gay people with chemical castration) will be watching this with binoculars. 

apparently this group has been randomly executing civilians and policemen, the religion of peace strikes again. These people are psychologically impaired.

14Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Fri Jun 13 2014, 11:03

xmiles wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Considering we created this mess and the implications of ISIS taking over I don't see how we can stay out of this one.

And what are we going to achieve by getting involved? As you yourself say " It's a crime that soldiers died for such a cause."

We contributed to creating this mess but any involvement in it now will just aggravate matters.

We shouldn't have caused the war in the first place, now that we I don't see how we can ignore it, there's too much at stake. I've no idea if they will but somebody needs to push ISIS back and it's clear enough the Iraqi army aren't capable/willing to do it.

Hopefully this will be a wake up call not to piss about in the regions that have nothing to do with us.

15Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Fri Jun 13 2014, 11:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gross oversimplification of Islam - there are lots of variations e.g. Sufi just as there are lots of variations of Christianity e.g. Greek Orthodox - even Spiritualism! 
But the key point about this is that it's cultural/tribal in origin and political power is the objective. 
This is two tribes going to war as they have done for the last thousand years peaking with the Iraq/Iran war.

The West didn't create the mess. The West got involved in somebody else's scrap in pursuit of the West's interests.

16Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Fri Jun 13 2014, 11:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the ISIS militants, who impose a brutal brand of Islamic law in their territory, characterised by amputations, beheadings and crucifixions. The refugee woman, speaking to the BBC, told how decapitated victims’ heads were in placed in rows – a trademark, trophy-style execution which ISIS favours.

17Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Fri Jun 13 2014, 11:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When oil runs out in about 15 years the West will actually be a much safer and peaceful place because if ridiculous places like Iraq want to fight between themselves no one will give a shite anymore.

18Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Fri Jun 13 2014, 11:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is the stuff currently making it's way through british free schools. 

hooray!

19Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Fri Jun 13 2014, 11:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:This is the stuff currently making it's way through british free schools. 

hooray!

Isis are in Preston schools?

20Isis - The bad guys. Empty Re: Isis - The bad guys. Fri Jun 13 2014, 11:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum