Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ben-Haim to blame for Pompeys problems....

+4
largehat
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
aaron_bwfc
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

....well not e but players like him have not helped the situation Portsmouth find themselves in at the moment accortind to their administrator.

Portsmouth administrator Trevor Birch claims Tal Ben Haim epitomises everything that has gone wrong at the club.

"Ben Haim represents everything that has gone wrong at Portsmouth, the excessive wages that were given four or five months before they went into administration the first time,"

"There were no relegation clauses in his contract, and here we are in League One trying to negotiate a way out of it.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7926264/Ben-Haim-puts-Pompey-on-brink

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its nothing to do with any of the players. Its all to do with how Pompy decided to run their "business".

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Its nothing to do with any of the players. Its all to do with how Pompy decided to run their "business".

It's definitely the clubs fault as you say, the person who gave Ben Haim £36k per week can't have seen him play.

Having said that, Ben Haim is a bit of a bellend for holding out for his £36k per week if it sends the club out of business. Better to get £5k per week for the last year of his contract than nothing at all.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ben Haim's salary is worth 1.8 million over the next year. The club have offered him 1 million to go but he has refused. It's not just Ben Haim though, they have about 7 or 8 players on crazy money for league one - Kanu for example.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If he was still at Bolton he'd be our best player and club captain by now.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If he was still at Bolton he'd be our best player and club captain by now.

lol!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When did you two make up?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did we fall out?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:If he was still at Bolton he'd be our best player and club captain by now.

You might be right, he was ok at Bolton...perhaps if he'd stuck with us he'd have improved even more, instead of going shite.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ben Haim always struck me as being greedy. This guy would sell his own grandma on ebay if he could. Can't believe he played for both Chelsea and Man City.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A few pompey fans I know of still blame Redknapp & Mandaric for the mess they are in at the moment, bringing big players in on huge wages then fucking off. Both are dodgy and I still believe the same kind of back handers went on under BSA when he was here.

As said above of course you can blame the players but it's the clubs owners fault for giving into the players wage demands.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've never got a great vibe from Ben-Haim but I was a massive fan of his when he was with us.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've sort of changed my mind over this issue. Liam Lawrence and Tal Ben Haim are the only two big-wage players left on the books as things stand.

Ben Haim claims he will lose in the region of £3.5m by walking away from the club, but has said he is prepared to give up such a figure if the Administrator agrees to do the same. And he has a point.

Why should Ben Haim give up £3.5m when the Administartor is taking his full payment of almost £700k? Should we be applauding Ben Haim's stance?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It's wrong to blame a player for expecting his contract to be honoured. It's hardly his fault the management promised him a ridiculous amount of money and failed to put a relegation clause in the contract.

The situation with the people who run the banks is completely different. It was their fault and the bastards have hardly suffered at all.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum