Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Haye v Bellew - Saturday 4th March

+8
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
Reebok Trotter
Hip Priest
wanderlust
Norpig
Sluffy
Lard Lad
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Haye came out swinging in the first couple of rounds and was way off hitting the target. He was so obsessed with getting the early knock out he forgot how to box. Bellew was just ducking out of the way and catching him with good little counter shots. I must admit I was quite impressed with him early doors because I really didn't think he would cope. 

Round 3 onwards it was looking Like Haye finding his range a bit more, which is why it was a shame he picked up the injury when he did. It effectively ended the bout as a contest and how Haye got through that onslaught whilst barely being able to stand up I'll never know. He did though, and Bellew threw everything he had at Haye and knackered himself out in the process but just couldn't get rid of him, which is why I think Breaders has a point. Haye was immobilised for the last half of the fight and was a sitting duck. He couldn't get any real power behind his punches and his ability to properly defend himself was non existent. When Haye went down through the ropes from that left hook, the corner had no choice but to throw in the towel. There was no way Haye could win on points and he was never going to be able to get the knock out with that injury so there was no point letting him continue on for more pain. In my opinion that punch wouldn't have had the power to knock anyone down under normal circumstances but a man in one leg just couldn't shift his weight around to keep balance. 

As someone who didn't really give a shit who would win, I'm gutted that Haye picked up that injury when he did because we were robbed of a potentially good fight. You have to give some credit to Bellew because he was more than up to the task early on and he would have put up a decent fight. You have to think though, the way he tired in the later rounds makes you wonder how he would have coped against a non injured opponent. I guess we'll never know. 

I personally don't see a rematch in this and after the arse licking contest was finished with after the fight (I thought they were going to bend each other over at one point it was that bad) Bellew was talking about fighting Wilder next. Haye is potentially finished now after that and if he got in the ring with AJ he wouldn't stand a chance. Imagine if that had happened against Joshua. He wouldn't have made it to round 11 that's for sure. He wouldn't have got out of round 6!

I personally don't think either fighter has come out of the fight covered in glory. Haye was looking as rusty as you could get and looked like he'd forgotten how to box properly after so much time off and a proper boxer was highlighting that fact. Another injury for him now at his age could spell the end I think. Bellew, as bread already said, took a full 5 rounds to get rid of a man who was unable to defend himself properly or attack with any real conviction. 

On the whole it was an intriguing and fascinating fight but as a contest was done with in the 6th.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe people still fall for spending money on boxing.

Before the fight two chaps wanted to kill each other, after the fight they wanted to start dating. You've been played.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Natasha Whittam wrote:I can't believe people still fall for spending money on boxing.
Luckily for me I don't need to. It comes in with my IPTV service for a tenner a month.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ended up watching it on dodgy facebook streams, not the best picture but i could see what was happening.

Haye should retire now, no point in carrying on and would at least retain some dignity

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Ended up watching it on dodgy facebook streams, not the best picture but i could see what was happening.

Haye should retire now, no point in carrying on and would at least retain some dignity
I'm afraid any dignity he had is long gone. 

Much the same can be said about the sport itself.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:Great fight....?

It was a farce which proved that Bellew doesn't have the power to fight at heavyweight.

He fought a 36 year old guy with one leg for 6 rounds and still couldn't hurt him.

He should take his sloppy man boobs back down to cruiserweight.

If you say so.

Judging from a lot of the comments on here, it's not just me who says so.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/mar/04/tony-bellew-stops-david-haye-boxing-upset-heavyweight

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:He should take his sloppy man boobs back down to cruiserweight.

Listen to Mr Pecs!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bread2.0 wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:Great fight....?

It was a farce which proved that Bellew doesn't have the power to fight at heavyweight.

He fought a 36 year old guy with one leg for 6 rounds and still couldn't hurt him.

He should take his sloppy man boobs back down to cruiserweight.

If you say so.

Judging from a lot of the comments on here, it's not just me who says so.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/mar/04/tony-bellew-stops-david-haye-boxing-upset-heavyweight

I wonder how many of those thought Haye was going to walk it like most on here did?

It's now being reported that Bellew broke his hand early on in the fight and clearly that would effect his performance and power.

Haye had great heart fighting on with one leg for over five rounds and Bellew didn't fold at the first punch like so many said he would.

I've no doubt that Bellew will now get a shot at a world heavyweight title and not all the current title holders are that great.

I'd be surprised if Haye's career is over after what he showed in the ring last night. He's not been beaten up badly in his career to date and has only had a reasonably few fights to date considering his age.

The likes of Foreman shows that heavyweights can box on at a decent level into their forties and there's no reason if his body holds up that he can't do the same - he clearly was up for a rematch at the very least.

I enjoyed the fight, if you didn't then fair enough.

I think both Bellew and Haye have gained from this fight and time will obviously tell if I'm right or I'm wrong.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If anyone on here thinks Haye or Bellew are credible heavyweights,you've lost your mind.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:If anyone on here thinks Haye or Bellew are credible heavyweights,you've lost your mind.

I endorse this comment wholeheartedly.

Haye was nothing more than a punch bag after the second round.  didn't even muster the energy to put his guard up and bellew could of finished it a lot earlier than he did.

It was an embarrassing "fight".

I too watched it on dodgy facebook streams with people screaming and shouting in the background.  one went down and it would be off to the next one.  i had a great stream that got shut off just as haye was entering the ring.

over all it was a massive disappointment.

"Don't believe the hype!"

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Credit to Bellew for taking his lumps in the first two rounds but regardless of the result he will have no chance against Wilder and likewise Haye must cross Joshua off his ' to do' list because it aint going to happen. Pity about Haye's injury because it spoilt the fight for me. i can see a rematch at Goodison Park once Haye's ankle recovers.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Rematch looking on for December - can't wait if it is!

David Haye says he has agreed terms for a heavyweight rematch with Tony Bellew.
After a fiery pre-fight build-up, WBC cruiserweight world champion Bellew stopped his rival in the 11th round in their first meeting in March.
Haye suffered an Achilles injury in the sixth round before falling to his third career defeat.
Haye tweeted: "It's taken months of negotiating but teams have finally agreed all terms for Haye-Bellew 2. Will Bellew put pen to paper?"
No date or location has been confirmed by either promoter, but there are reports it will be held on Sunday, 17 December at London's O2 Arena.
Former WBA heavyweight champion Haye needed surgery following the defeat by Liverpool's Bellew, and has since split with trainer Shane McGuigan.

Analysis
Luke Reddy, BBC Boxing reporter
Since splitting with McGuigan, Haye has linked up with renowned Cuban coach Ismael Salas, a trainer of multiple world champions. But the impact of that new relationship will form just a small part of the questions the Hayemaker must answer in a second meeting with Bellew.
Crucially, how much trust will he be able to place in his Achilles? Can he box at full throttle?
Many believed he would have gone on to beat Bellew in March until injury struck but there were signs Haye was beginning to blow prior to his misfortune. Bellew boxed cleverly, countering with accuracy time and again so it is unlikely his chances will be dismissed this time around.
So in the ring this looks balanced on paper and will again deliver plenty of intrigue. It is outside of the ring where many in the sport will hope common sense and calm win the day. Haye was fined for his words last time out, while Bellew faced a stiff warning from the British Boxing Board of Control.
Bellew helped Haye back to his stool in his stricken state afterwards, pointing to a respect. But it is safe to say there is no love lost here and if this bout is confirmed as expected next week, anything other than a ferocious build-up would be a surprise.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/41318521

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum