Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Petition to ban Trump

+6
Bread2.0
Lard Lad
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Sluffy
rammywhite
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Petition to ban Trump Empty Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 17:03

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Did you sign?
I thought long and hard about it and decided not to, for a couple of reasons.
Firstly, though he's a detestable man, he is still the President of the most powerful country on earth and one which has been one of our staunchest allies (and vice versa) for a very long time. We need his country to trade with  and we need to maintain good relations with the US. For better or worse (mainly worse I think) he is their leader and represents them. He'll be gone in 4 years (possibly less) and so I think we'll have to put up with him for his period in office. Many  right thinking Americans might be deeply offended at attempts to keep him out of this country.
Secondly, when he gets here it will give us an opportunity to show him our contempt for his policies rather than do it from a distance.
I understand there is an inherent contradiction here- try to respect the choice of the citizens of the USA but then cast opprobrium on him when he arrives, but I think that's the best solution to the problem.
I'm not particularly worried about him being offensive to the Queen and other royals as I think she's a very experienced old girl and can handle the likes of him in her sleep

2Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 17:23

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I signed it, fully in the knowledge that it's not worth a carrot because it will just get ignored by May.

(May the spindly looking woman with the terrible dress sense as opposed to the month of the year.)

I'm honestly amazed at how swiftly Trump's moving to entrench his own position by discrediting the press and installing Bannon in the White House (google Steve Bannon for the full low-down on the racist, alcoholic-looking, white-supremacist lunatic if you're not already aware of how dangerous the bastard is) and I appreciate that there's precious little I can do to halt this inevitable decline into chaos but......

.....the more of us who are prepared to voice our disquiet, the more chance there is that the people who are actually in a position to do something will act.

3Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 17:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Don't really see what all the fuss is about?

You've got a member of a German emigrate family in New York visiting a country that was basically populated my emigrates from Saxony in Germany whose head of state is also a descendent of an emigrate family from Germany!

So really we should be getting the Ich liebe dich stickers out!

Very Happy

4Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 17:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Trump getting his dich out is one of the problems.

5Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 17:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I signed. Couldn't use my pen though.

6Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 17:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughable and utterly pointless.

There are so many things to get annoyed about in this world, Trump visiting the queen isn't one of them.

7Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 18:56

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All these halfwits belly aching need to get real. We have enough problems of our own in this country bout mithering about that fucking idiot across the pond.
Why not campaign and sign a petition about the NHS failing, perhaps that police woman can flash her tits and tell the powers that be that she demands they be looked after?

8Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 19:01

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Yeah, 'cause having an unstable lunatic in the White House pissing off Islamist fundamentalists is in no way going to have any potential impact on us over here, is it?

9Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 19:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As has been said previously, it won't matter a jot, he'll be coming over! Keep up with real life instead of dreaming of that perfect Blackpool Roll!!

10Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 20:13

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You can all laugh at me if you like but I've often wondered if I would have had the stones to stand up and do something if I'd been living in Germany in the 30's.

And this feels a bit like that.

The guy's obviously got a plan to whip up fervour amongst the masses and exploit their ignorance and prejudices for his own ends and it's making me feel very uncomfortable.

In very simple terms: It's wrong.

So I'll do whatever I can to voice my disapproval and show solidarity with the groups he's seeking to marginalise and disenfranchise.

Naive?

Possibly.

Can I sleep at night?

Absolutely.

11Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 20:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Things are going pretty much as I expected. He thinks you can run a country in much the same way as you run a business. You can't.
The travel ban is wrong on so many levels,and I can see this Presidency unraveling apace.
Might be a bumpy ride.

12Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 20:28

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think there's something far more sinister going on.

Bannon's pulling the strings and that twat's an avowed white supremacist and antisemite.

13Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 20:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Petition to ban Trump Fs0QQaH7_biggerBernie Sanders ‏

[ltr]@SenSanders[/ltr]

4h
[size=1]More
[/size]
Steve Bannon sitting on the National Security Council is dangerous and unprecedented. He must be removed.

14Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 20:52

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He's quite open about his plans:

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/08/breitbart-stephen-bannon-donald-trump-master-plan

"Trump is a “blunt instrument for us,” he told me earlier this summer. “I don’t know whether he really gets it or not.” It is likely that Bannon’s political calculus here, if not Trump’s, will be less about winning an election that seems a bit out of hand and more about cementing an American nationalist movement."

15Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 20:58

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some of these people wouldn't look out of place on the House Un-American Activities Committee during the McCarthy era.

16Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 21:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

17Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 21:50

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

18Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Mon Jan 30 2017, 22:13

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bread2.0 wrote:You can all laugh at me if you like 
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

19Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Tue Jan 31 2017, 00:13

Lard Lad

Lard Lad
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Trump is here at the right time, he's here for a reason,I hope he gets the time to take out the trash .

20Petition to ban Trump Empty Re: Petition to ban Trump Tue Jan 31 2017, 05:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's now sacked the Attorney General.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum