Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worth a punt? - Tuncay

+7
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
TheHateCamel
Sluffy
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 17:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For free!

Released from his contract at Wolfsburg.

Wolfsburg have released Turkish forward Sanli Tuncay, just eighteen months after he joined the club for £4.5 million from Stoke City.

Tuncay, 30, still had two and a half seasons remaining on his current Wolfsburg contract, but has found himself out of favour at the Saxony club.

Tuncay signed for the German side under Steve McLaren, but the Englishman was sacked just one week later.

The Turkish international, who has scored 22 goals in 81 appearances for his country, spent the 2011-12 season on loan at Bolton Wanderers playing only three times for the Trotters.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]#

2Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 17:28

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

Might not be a bad shout in this league but would he want to come back?

3Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 17:29

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, honestly.

Sadly i don't think the Championship is a place he'd want to play.

A front three of Tuncay, Ngog and Sordell would be an interesting look thats for sure.

4Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 17:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

They'll be some kleenex needed somewhere around the Hallliwell (Smithills at a push) vicinity of north Bolton when doffcocker reads this article.

My own view.... it's evidence that he is shit, it was a mistake to sign him last season, there was no point in compounding that mistake by playing him for the sake of it.

5Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 17:51

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

But would Coyle play him? How much time did he spend on the pitch last season?

Not that this will stop Coyle signing him of course.

6Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 17:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Too slow, too greasy and too shite.

People need to move on.

7Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 18:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He isn't "shite"

He just either didn't fit in here, or didn't get his chance.

someone who was "shite" wouldn't have achieved what he has in the game.

... just the truth.

8Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 18:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:He isn't "shite"

He just either didn't fit in here, or didn't get his chance.

someone who was "shite" wouldn't have achieved what he has in the game.

... just the truth.

He may have been a decent player several years ago, but right now (i.e. when it counts) he is shite. Clubs tend not to release good players.

9Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 18:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kevin Davies was released.

10Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 18:19

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tuncay never got a proper chance last season. 3 games ?

11Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 18:20

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It is a sad day for me when I have to use these four words: 'I agree with Natasha'.

Tuncay has done nothing for years. Since he was at Middlesbrough. He's a spent force. That's why Pulis, Coyle, and whosever the Wolfsburg manager got rid.

12Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 18:24

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was somewhat of a fans favourite at Stoke.

Or appeared to be, praised for his tenacity and work ethic.

13Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 18:27

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Whats the point?

He did nothing for us,

This would make as much sense as if we had given Robinson a new contract to Knig.. oh.. wait..

14Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Wed Jul 25 2012, 23:08

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Tuncay is dissimilar to every striker Pulis has ever signed. He isn't tall or stocky and he isn't great in the air - he isn't designed for the system they play whatsoever. And we all know he isn't a winger. So it's no mystery to me why he wasn't a regular at Stoke. I'd imagine Pulis was happy to keep him as a squad player, only Tuncay was vocal about how pissed off he was and so he had to go.

I think you'll all be interested by a quote from Wikipedia about Wolfsburg's manager for two of the four months Tuncay spent there:

"As a manager, Magath quickly gained respect and became notorious for his hard, grinding training methods, laying heavy emphasis on discipline, fitness and conditioning. Players gave him nicknames like “Saddam” (Saddam Hussein) or “Quälix”, a mash of his first name Felix and the German verb “quälen” (to torture)."

A lot of us assumed he never had the right attitude in training and that was why Coyle wasn't for giving him a chance.
Fair assumption? Clearly.
Fair reason to oust a player? No. Many players didn't have the right attitude or were just not up to the job on the pitch (i.e. where it counts) but still got chances.

15Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Thu Jul 26 2012, 12:16

I agree with Doffcocker in as much as he clearly isn't 'shit', he's proved himself before to be a top quality player but for whatever reason he didn't come off at Wolfsburg.

With us I don't ever think he was given a fair go, he was often brought on for 10 minutes at the end of a game, and often out of position. Personally I've always felt he's best in a free role behind a main striker but I doubt Coyle would ever play him there. His lack of chances would suggest a problem with his attitude.

He should of been one of the most talented players at the club; on previous evidence, had he been played regularly and built some confidence I think we'd of got a lot out of him, you don't become a poor player over night.

16Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Thu Jul 26 2012, 12:37

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I was pleased when we signed Tuncay and thought he could've done a good job. He was definitely one of the best footballers we had on the books. The first real chance he had against Macclesfield in the Cup game, his attitude was great - he scored one goal, made the other and was all over the pitch getting stuck in. I couldn't believe it when he was tossed aside. I'll always think we would have done better last season if he'd been played more - preferably in a free role, behind the striker.

I don't think some managers can handle proper players - Frank Worthington wouldn't have got near the team under Coyle.

17Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Thu Jul 26 2012, 12:53

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Lofty_Love wrote:Whats the point?

He did nothing for us,

This would make as much sense as if we had given Robinson a new contract to Knig.. oh.. wait..

Yes, Kevin Davies and Nicholas Anelka would have also "done nothing for us" if they only made three appearances. Doesn't make them shite. (well Davies is now)

Tuncay should have got more chances, the few times he played in a Wanderers shirt he looked just about the most lively and interested person we had in the squad. He looked really up for it and you could tell he had real quality, I thought.

(Yes he made some errors too, but who wouldn't with that lack of game time. We are all currently accepting that our first team regulars are only not up to scratch because of being out of action for about 7 weeks - Tuncay was out for about 7 months)

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

18Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Thu Jul 26 2012, 20:53

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Biggie wrote:
Lofty_Love wrote:Whats the point?

He did nothing for us,

Yes, Kevin Davies and Nicholas Anelka would have also "done nothing for us" if they only made three appearances. Doesn't make them shite. (well Davies is now)

Tuncay should have got more chances, the few times he played in a Wanderers shirt he looked just about the most lively and interested person we had in the squad. He looked really up for it and you could tell he had real quality, I thought.

(Yes he made some errors too, but who wouldn't with that lack of game time. We are all currently accepting that our first team regulars are only not up to scratch because of being out of action for about 7 weeks - Tuncay was out for about 7 months)

But we have the same manager, so he will just not play him again, aka he will do nothing for us.

He was here for a season, and for whatever reason, it didn't work out, so why waste money and try again with something that failed last year?

19Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Fri Jul 27 2012, 12:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree.

We need to bring in a manager that's going to give him a chance, and then sign him.

20Worth a punt? - Tuncay Empty Re: Worth a punt? - Tuncay Fri Jul 27 2012, 14:51

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:I agree.

We need to bring in a manager that's going to give him a chance, and then sign him.

I'm so glad you've got your weird obsession with Tuncay under control.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum