Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Kermode

+13
wessy
gloswhite
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Hip Priest
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
okocha
xmiles
Lard Lad
boltonbonce
Sluffy
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

31Mark Kermode - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Kermode Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:39

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
okocha wrote:What the hell is Garth Crooks talking about every time he is let loose?! 
Indeed. Garth is a classic example of someone who becomes intoxicated with the malodorous exuberance of his own verbosity whenever the cameras start rolling.

RT, if that means he talks shite- then I agree with you

32Mark Kermode - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Kermode Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:42

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lard Lad wrote:Two more i intensly dislike are Laura Kuenssberg and Nicola Sturgeon, Kuenssberg is one ugly lookin female her mouth is all over her face like a moving small hole.

LL-agree with you. Kuenssberg just mouths off the obvious. But Sturgeon (aka Bravetart, the Govan chimpanzee) riles me . People say she's an astute politician ,but she's nothing of the kind. She's a predictable opportunist doing immense damage to Scotland.

33Mark Kermode - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Kermode Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
And after all, there is nothing more to art than whether or not you like it.
That's not strictly true, is it, Lusty? 

It's surely possible to admire and appreciate the artistry involved in a piece of work, but not necessarily feel it is to your taste.
Maybe, but I feel that the appreciation of e.g. craftsmanship involved in creating a piece of art comes down to liking that craftsmanship i.e. it's part of the same equation.

I'm not a big fan of Jeff Koons for example, but he creates concepts and then commissions the work to be undertaken by craftsmen so there's a disconnect between the idea and the implementation. Overall I think his work is shit, but sometimes the craftsmanship makes me feel a little better about the piece and that becomes part of my overall take on it. I reckon appreciation (or dislike) of any element of art including concept, materials employed, presentation and workmanship involved all contribute to our whether or not we like something.

34Mark Kermode - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Kermode Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember Crooks introducing Top Of The Pops when he was a Spurs regular. I never took him seriously after that.

35Mark Kermode - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Kermode Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:55

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He talks too fast.

He's slowed down a bit now because people have obviously been "advising him" on it for years.

Same with Craig Charles in early Red Dwarf. If you go back and watch the first few series you can hardly tell what he's saying half the time because he's firing it all out in one rapid burst.

Which is odd when you think about it, given that he started out as a performance poet and you'd think that people being able to actually understand what he's saying would be quite important to him.

Last edited by Bread2.0 on Mon Feb 20 2017, 13:57; edited 1 time in total

37Mark Kermode - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Kermode Mon Feb 20 2017, 16:28

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

boltonbonce wrote:I remember Crooks introducing Top Of The Pops when he was a Spurs regular. I never took him seriously after that.
Randomly, Dion Dublin now presents homes under the hammer. Not sure how they arrive at these places.

38Mark Kermode - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Kermode Mon Feb 20 2017, 16:35

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

gloswhite wrote:Anyone seen the latest series, 'Dr Fonseca's Good  Karma hospital' ?                                                                                     Its good to see bits of India, but otherwise its bollocks.
I bet Barry Norman is shitting himself after that in depth review Glos  Very Happy

39Mark Kermode - Page 3 Empty Re: Mark Kermode Mon Feb 20 2017, 20:49

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Took me a long time to come with such a deep and meaningful conclusion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum