Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

West Ham in SENSATIONAL 18M record bid

+6
Bernard Dennis Park
largehat
doffcocker
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For Andy Carroll apparently.

Well Sam did say if he was given the money, he'd prove he was the best.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Carlton Cole is better.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

... no he isn't.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He is.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't want to turn this into the school yard thing but...

He really isn't.

Carlton Cole is one of the most overrated players in football history.

he's got the touch of a donkey, takes about 20 games off a season, is a whiner, a poor finisher, not great in the air, poor hold up player and slow.

He has the odd game where he contributes 2 tap ins.

He's also 5 years older than Carroll and has no upside left.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't say he was a good player, just better than Andy Carroll.

Cole did well in the Championship last season, that's probably his level. I am yet to be convinced Carroll is any better.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Carlton Cole watches clips of Kevin Davies to help him improve.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It surprises me that Rodgers is so keen to get rid. I think he could live up to his price tag if he got his act together. He's like Kevin Davies was six years ago, except he can play football too. There's not many players like him around which is what makes him potentially a massive asset.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:He's like Kevin Davies was six years ago, except he can play football too. There's not many players like him around which is what makes him potentially a massive asset.

Kevin Davies what the best target man in English football 6 years ago. What were you, about 13 and collecting football stickers? No wonder you spout so much crap about him, you were too young to appreciate the subtleties of football when he was at the peak of his powers.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If Andy Carroll signs for West Ham and does as well for them as Kevin Davies has for us he'll be a bargain at £18 million.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:If Andy Carroll signs for West Ham and does as well for them as Kevin Davies has for us he'll be a bargain at £18 million.

You seem familiar. Did we date?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Maybe in a past life.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Maybe in a past life.

Did we once visit Kirkby Lonsdale to look at old graves?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Not sure. I've blanked a lot of things out. The memories were too painful.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
Kevin Davies what the best target man in English football 6 years ago.

I'm going to assume that should say "Kevin Davies was
..." in which case you've misunderstood my post, and thrown a hissy fit in vain.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:
largehat wrote:
Kevin Davies what the best target man in English football 6 years ago.

I'm going to assume that should say "Kevin Davies was
..." in which case you've misunderstood my post, and thrown a hissy fit in vain.

Your assumption about my typing the incorrect word is correct, your other assumptions, well, some work to go I'm afraid.

I think the essential point stands - you take any opportunity to slate Kevin Davies as a footballer (sometimes in jest, usually not), and you're well wide of the mark. He is the single most important player in our recent history and deserves respect.

At his best, Kevin Davies bullied and battered the best defenders in the country and has given his all for BWFC.

You suggested he was shit 6 years ago, which is an embarrassing thing for any BWFC fan to say - it really is. No hissy fit, I just put your opinion down to your youth.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
You suggested he was shit 6 years ago, which is an embarrassing thing for any BWFC fan to say - it really is.

I compared him to a player I believe to be potentially worth £35m. I don't understand the nature of your outburst.

largehat wrote:No hissy fit, I just put your opinion down to your youth.

Once again you illustrate what a weak poster you are.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:He's like Kevin Davies was six years ago, except he can play football too.

So I'm supposed to have read this sentence as complimentary towards Kevin Davies. I see. Silly me. Here's me thinking you were suggesting Kevin Davies wasn't a good footballer.

doffcocker wrote:
Once again you illustrate what a weak poster you are.

Ha, ha, I can't be that weak, you've gone out of your way to try to reply, haven't you? You even tried to revive one of my threads a couple of days ago.

Like all posters who post a lot, I'm not everyone's cup of tea, but I think I will somehow recover from such a crippling blow to my ego without running a hot bath and reaching for the razor blades.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
So I'm supposed to have read those two sentences as complimentary towards Kevin Davies. I see. Silly me.

Yes. There's two interpretations of the term "good footballer", or somebody that "can play football".

Interpretation 1:

Somebody that is generally effective in a team of footballers.

Interpretation 2:

A footballer that is good specifically with the ball at his feet (as in footballer) as opposed to a footballer who's strengths are limited to aerial ability, physicality, worth ethic etc.
Davies has never been renowned for his dribbling or shooting abilities, where Carroll has considerable technique, hence my comment in post 8.

largehat wrote:Ha, ha, I can't be that weak, you've gone out of your way to try to reply, haven't you? You even tried to revive one of my threads a couple of days ago.

Like all posters who post a lot, I'm not everyone's cup of tea, but I think I will somehow recover from such a crippling blow to my ego without running a hot bath and reaching for the razor blades.

Writing stuff that's worth a read (I'm not necessarily implying you succeed on this account) is one half of being a decent poster. The rest is about how you respond to others, particularly those with different views to your own. Your "you're young so obviously I know more than you do" style is one the mods should sort out if they want a board that's going to attract a lot of serious contributors.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:
Writing stuff that's worth a read (I'm not necessarily implying you succeed on this account) is one half of being a decent poster. The rest is about how you respond to others, particularly those with different views to your own. Your "you're young so obviously I know more than you do" style is one the mods should sort out if they want a board that's going to attract a lot of serious contributors.

I got bored reading your semantic breakdown of the definition of the word footballer, so I'll just take it as read that you didn't intend a slight upon Kevin Davies.

For what it's worth, I do not give a flying one what you think of me as a poster. Not one bit. If there are two droplets of rain running down my window on a rainy day, I care more whether the droplet on the left reaches the bottom before the droplet on the right than your opinion of me as a poster. I am not here to make friends. Just in case my last post wasn't clear.

If you have some issue with my posts/my attitude/what I write, take it up with the moderators of the site directly, not me, I'm not breaking any forum rules and I'm not interested in your whining. You described another poster as "vile" earlier. Perhaps you think that will attract new members. I've no interest in debating forum etiquette with you or anyone else. Go away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum