Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Allardyce quits Palace

+4
xmiles
boltonbonce
Bread2.0
Sluffy
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Allardyce quits Palace Empty Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 17:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4533966/Sam-Allardyce-QUITS-Crystal-Palace-just-six-months-in.html

Seems he's fell out with Parish the Chairman who didn't give him the transfer budget he wanted.

2Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 18:06

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Must've wanted a few more million to push on for a top four finish.

Either that or he's being doing the nudey sex dance with Mrs Parish.

3Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 19:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back to Sunderland?

4Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 19:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:Back to Sunderland?

He likes a challenge but he is not a masochist.

5Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 19:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Back to Sunderland?

He likes a challenge but he is not a masochist.
Sunderland fans are demanding his return.

6Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 19:50

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Back to West Ham ?

7Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 19:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He hasn't quit. Until I see it on the BBC website.

8Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 20:07

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:He hasn't quit. Until I see it on the BBC website.

Yes I don't believe anything I read in the Daily Mail either.

9Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Yes I don't believe anything I read in the Daily Mail either.

It's a Tory paper then?

10Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 20:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very good paper.
Allardyce quits Palace Dailymail-arse-paper

11Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 20:26

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:Very good paper.
Allardyce quits Palace Dailymail-arse-paper

Laughing

12Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 21:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I believe it now.

Sam Allardyce has resigned as Crystal Palace manager five months after he joined the Premier League club.
Allardyce replaced Alan Pardew in December on a two-and-half year deal with the Eagles one point above the relegation zone.
But the 62-year-old, who had an ill-fated one-game spell as England boss, led the club to eight wins in 21 games to guide them to a 14th-place finish.
"I have no ambitions to take another job," Allardyce said in a statement.
"I want to be able to savour life while I am still relatively young, and when I am still relatively healthy enough to do all the things I want to do, like travel, spend more time with my family and grandchildren without the huge pressure that comes with being a football manager.
"This is the right time for me. I simply want to be able to enjoy all the things you cannot really enjoy with the 24/7 demands of managing any football club, let alone one in the Premier League."

Allardyce revealed his decision to chairman Steve Parish at a meeting in London on Tuesday. The Eagles are now looking for their eighth manager in seven years.
Although it took Allardyce six games to get his first victory, the former Bolton, Blackburn, Newcastle and West Ham boss maintained his record of never being relegated from the Premier League.
Only Sir Alex Ferguson, Arsene Wenger, Harry Redknapp and David Moyes have managed more games in the top flight.
Allardyce's final game in charge of Palace came on Sunday in a 2-0 loss against Manchester United, having guaranteed safety the previous week by thrashing Hull 4-0.
Following defeat at Old Trafford, Allardyce indicated his plans to improve the squad in the off-season. He had told BBC Sport: "We now need to grow, develop and invest. You need to choose the right players and not the wrong ones. Recruitment is the difficult task in the summer."

Allardyce left his post as England manager by mutual agreement in September after only one match in charge.
It followed a Daily Telegraph investigation claiming he offered advice on how to "get around" rules on player transfers.
The FA said Allardyce's conduct "was inappropriate". He did apologise, adding that "entrapment had won".

Allardyce statement in full:

"In some ways, this has been a very difficult decision to make but in others it has been a simple one.
"I will always be grateful to Crystal Palace and Steve Parish for giving me the opportunity to go out with my head held high having helped keep the club in the Premier League.
"More than that, they gave me a chance of rebuilding my reputation after what happened with England. I felt I needed another shot at being a Premier League manager and showing that I still had the ability to achieve something significant. As I said last weekend, Palace gave me the chance of rehabilitation.
"That's why it's hard walking away now. I believe the club are heading in the right direction with a hugely supportive board of directors, a great squad of players and some of the most passionate fans I've ever met.
"But there comes a time when you have to take stock of what direction you want your life to take - and that's been the simple part for me.
"I want to be able to savour life while I'm still relatively young and when I'm still relatively healthy, even if I'm beginning to feel all my 62 years.
"While I've got the energy, I want to travel and also spend more time with my family and grandchildren without the huge pressure that comes with being a football manager. I owe that to my wife and family.
"This is the right time for me, I know that in my heart. I have no ambitions to take another job, I simply want to be able to enjoy all the things you cannot really enjoy with the 24/7 demands of managing any football club, let alone one in the Premier League.
"Steve Parish has been superb during our conversations today. I know it came as a shock to him that I would walk away but our discussions have been incredibly civilised with no recriminations and no fall-out.
"This is not about transfer targets, club finances or anything along those lines. This is me taking the decision I believe is right for my family and myself.
"I would like to thank everybody for their messages of support since the news broke. I've no doubt I will miss management but I certainly have no regrets at this decision. It's been a privilege to have worked for them for the past five months."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40021059

13Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Tue May 23 2017, 21:40

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He wants to spend more time with his family. We've heard that before, haven't we? He deserves his retirement if that's his aim.

14Allardyce quits Palace Empty Re: Allardyce quits Palace Wed May 24 2017, 10:15

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He'll be on his way to China then ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum