Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pardew quits TOON for PALACE

+9
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
jussi22
Michael Bolton
Norpig
NickFazer
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Hipster_Nebula
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 17:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shocked

2Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 17:09

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Lennon in talks with Newcastle as we speak.

3Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 17:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rumblings are he's interested.

4Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 17:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lennon has had informal talks with Everton.

5Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 18:27

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bit of a kick in the goolies for Mike Ashley, he stood by him when the fans wanted him out and now he wants out. Don't understand this from Pardews perspective either, the most Palace are ever going to do is struggle to stay up and sooner or later will get relegated, Newcastle is a much higher profile club that should be able to compete for a European place.

6Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 18:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think the Newcastle fans still want him to go even with the better run of form recently, he used to play for Palace as well and won't get the same level of abuse (at least not straight away)

7Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 18:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

From what I have read online today, the Newcastle fans can't stand Pardew - the word thug has been used a lot, not sure why.

8Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 20:21

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think Pardew has done a really good job at Newcastle. It hasn't been easy for him at Newcastle with Ashley and Joe Kinnear buying players for him previously.
I think Pardew was close to getting the boot earlier in the season, I think it is probably what all parties want - to move on.
It is a bit worrying clubs showing interest in Lennon. Getting Lennon has really transformed Bolton recently, if he was to go it would be back to square one.

9Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 21:13

Michael Bolton wrote:I think Pardew has done a really good job at Newcastle. It hasn't been easy for him at Newcastle with Ashley and Joe Kinnear buying players for him previously.
I think Pardew was close to getting the boot earlier in the season, I think it is probably what all parties want - to move on.
It is a bit worrying clubs showing interest in Lennon. Getting Lennon has really transformed Bolton recently, if he was to go it would be back to square one.

I agree with this. 

Why should he now stay after all the shit he was given at the beginning of the season and the uncertainty from his higher ups.

No loyalty has been shown to him why should he repay the lack of faith. 

As for Lennon,  i think if he was to go now it would be our worst nightmare

10Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 21:17

jussi22

jussi22
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Why would Pardew want to go to Palace?

11Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 21:34

Hes already there.  Good move for him

12Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 22:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

No loyalty has been shown to him why should he repay the lack of faith. 

Loyalty? Didn't they give him the longest contract in Premier League history?

Considering he's such an average manager who has wasted shitloads of cash I think they've been extremely loyal.

13Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 23:02

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Yes they did give a 10 year contract or something stupid like that.

Newcastle fans are the most fickle in this country.

14Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 23:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:

Newcastle fans are the most fickle in this country.

All football fans are fickle. I don't doubt there will be Burnley fans who will want Dyche out should Burnley be facing relegation come April/May time.

15Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Mon Dec 29 2014, 23:06

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The odd bellend maybe, but there'll be no booing or dirty bed sheets.

16Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Tue Dec 30 2014, 07:39

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

You don't have to look far to see why he's going.
His salary is rumoured to double if he goes to Palace and he'll also get part of the contract settlement between Palace and Newcastle.

Loyalty my arse! Its purely about this guy lining his pockets. Like everyone else in the beautiful game.
The rewards for failure are as good as the rewards for success

17Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Tue Dec 30 2014, 13:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mike Ashley's "other club" Rangers are also managerless ATM - coincidence?

18Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Wed Dec 31 2014, 04:44

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

rammywhite wrote:You don't have to look far to see why he's going.
His salary is rumoured to double if he goes to Palace and he'll also get part of the contract settlement between Palace and Newcastle.

Loyalty my arse! Its purely about this guy lining his pockets. Like everyone else in the beautiful game.
The rewards for failure are as good as the rewards for success

Good post.

The only reason he got the job in the first place (and kept it for so long) is Ashley needs a yes-man. Pardew's career was going absolutely nowhere when Newcastle came in for him. Southampton fans wanted him out, he was loathed at West Ham, and he got sacked by Charlton when they were bottom three of the Championship, 18 months after he failed to keep them in the Prem.

And it's that last bit that makes me laugh. He did an absolutely crap job at a club in a similar position to Palace, yet they've decided that he's their man and they're gonna spend a fortune to get him.

19Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Empty Re: Pardew quits TOON for PALACE Wed Dec 31 2014, 11:17

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And Pulis has gone to West Brom.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum