Having been an advertisement board sponsor with the Whites for over a decade, the bakery’s name will now be emblazoned across the club’s north stand, including the family area of the stadium, for the duration of the 2017/18 and 2018/19 campaigns.
As a result, the stand will be known as the Carrs Pasties North Stand.
The local company, which opened its first shop in the town of Bolton in 1938, have the town at the heart of everything they do.
Their roots with Bolton Wanderers meanwhile stem right back to the early days of their existence, with club legend Nat Lofthouse – the first professional footballer to be a publican – one of Carrs’ first trade customers.
Speaking following the announcement, Managing Director Joseph Carr said, “We’re thrilled with this deal – it is truly bringing two Bolton institutions together.
“We feel as though we are part of the fabric of the town, like the football club is. We’re heavily involved with Bolton Hospice and also Bolton Lads and Girls’ Club – two other institutions of the town – and our relationship with them and of course, Bolton Wanderers, proves how true we are to our roots.”
Chairman John Carr echoed his son’s sentiments, saying, “Community in Bolton is hugely important and we feel that we have that embedded mentality into our company with how we operate and the strong relationships we have with our fellow Bolton-based organisations.”
Bolton Wanderers Commercial Manager John Ashley meanwhile added, “The Carr family have had a longstanding association with Bolton Wanderers Football Club and we are proud to continue this relationship with Carrs Pasties, who are well known to our supporters as a Bolton institution.
“We are committed in developing our links with the local business community and are delighted to have the Carrs Pasties name adorning our North Stand.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]