Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Newest Winding up Order

+15
y2johnny
Leeds_Trotter
Kane57
wanderlust
observer
rammywhite
Sluffy
Norpig
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
wessy
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
BoltonTillIDie
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Mon Dec 18 2017, 20:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers bid for extension on winding up order petition by HMRC

WANDERERS have sought extra time to sort out an ‘historical’ winding-up petition from HMRC.
The petition was issued to Bolton Wanderers Football and Athletic Company over unpaid tax and VAT, and was heard for the first time in a London court this morning.
Macron sources insist the matter is several months old and is in the process of being paid, but no official comment has yet been made by the club.
HMRC have adopted a policy of pursuing football debts rigorously, and in this case appear to have piggy-backed another company’s petition, which has since been settled.

It is understood they have asked Wanderers for a bond to cover future liabilities — the size of which is currently being negotiated by club owner and chairman, Ken Anderson.
Wanderers have had several run-ins with HMRC in the past and were pushed to the verge of administration in early 2016 after a series of appearances in the courts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Tue Dec 19 2017, 12:29

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:When was the last time a league club was wound up. Many, many years ago.

Just ignore it Ken.

Nice to see you back again Nat. Don't desert us again.
I like Chorley mainly because of its cakes.

23Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Tue Dec 19 2017, 13:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

check the date posted Rammy  Very Happy

24Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Tue Dec 19 2017, 13:39

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:check the date posted Rammy  Very Happy

Ooops! Bugger! No wonder she sounded friendly.

25Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Tue Dec 19 2017, 13:52

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:check the date posted Rammy  Very Happy

Yep- I was born a numptie and I've never improved!!

26Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Tue Dec 19 2017, 14:17

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I wonder if all the suitors left KA at the altar because they actually did due diligence???

27Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Tue Dec 19 2017, 14:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As I mentioned yesterday on the Ken PR/begging thread, this particular order dates back to September and has only come back to court because agreed payments haven't been made on time - despite what Anderson has been claiming publicly.
This particular one is nothing to worry about, but I have heard on the grapevine that there's a legal shit storm brewing for Ken based on some of his historical illegal practises in the days when he was syphoning off company money and asset-stripping and that has come to light since his directorial ban. Whether it makes it as far as court or not we'll have to wait and see, but I imagine the FA may nonetheless be interested in revisiting his "fit person for ownership" test as they have different criteria. We'll see how it pans out.

28Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Thu Dec 28 2017, 11:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers say deal agreed for HMRC debt

BOLTON say they have struck a deal with HMRC after their recent court appearance.

The club appeared on the winding up list earlier this month over what they described as a “historical debt” but say they have now reached an agreement.
It is understood HMRC requested an adjournment in the case heard on December 18 to allow for further negotiations to settle a debt which is now several months old.

Wanderers are, it is also believed, due to pay money outstanding on loan players such as Antonee Robinson and Adam Armstrong at the end of this month.

The club has refused to comment on rumours the EFL has put them temporarily back into transfer embargo – although, should debts owed to football creditors and HMRC be settled, Phil Parkinson should, for the first time as Whites manager, be clear to operate without restrictions in the forthcoming January window.

“We will not be making any club comments at this time on these matters as we do not feel it appropriate or necessary to comment on social media speculation, or comments by anonymous unknown sources,” a spokesman said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

29Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Fri Dec 29 2017, 15:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
The club has refused to comment on rumours the EFL has put them temporarily back into transfer embargo – although, should debts owed to football creditors and HMRC be settled, Phil Parkinson should, for the first time as Whites manager, be clear to operate without restrictions in the forthcoming January window.

“We will not be making any club comments at this time on these matters as we do not feel it appropriate or necessary to comment on social media speculation, or comments by anonymous unknown sources,” a spokesman said.
"A spokesman" has certainly learned a bit from Trump's "fake news" tactic however I do hope that late payments on loan fees don't affect Robinson's loan extension or our ability to bring in new blood.
Whatever the reality of Anderson's management of the finances turns out to be the one thing that we can be fairly sure of is that we won't be signing the likes of Assombalonga until he moves on and a serious investor is found.

30Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed Feb 07 2018, 11:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Iles just now -

Winders Court this morning: Wanderers' debt to HMRC paid up - and request made to dismiss the winding-up petition.
Hopefully the last time we see this football club's name on that court list.
Time to move on. #BWFC

31Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed Feb 07 2018, 11:13

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Wonder if he caved in with HMRC and this personal bond they wanted. That might've been easier now he's got some in the bank to play with

32Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed Feb 07 2018, 11:25

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Great news. Just the BM and ED debt to clear now then we can move on.

33Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed Feb 07 2018, 11:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Great news. Just the BM and ED debt to clear now then we can move on.

I don't think Davies ever intends to call in his loan but there are amounts outstanding to Warburton and the ones we sold the car park to - but I think these are 'friendly' loans though - as in I think they would defer payment if Anderson hasn't got it on time.

BM is the one to attend to next.

Thanks Deano!

(plus paying HMRC on time from now on of course).

34Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed Feb 07 2018, 11:52

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Great news. Just the BM and ED debt to clear now then we can move on.

I don't think Davies ever intends to call in his loan but there are amounts outstanding to Warburton and the ones we sold the car park to - but I think these are 'friendly' loans though - as in I think they would defer payment if Anderson hasn't got it on time.

Thanks Deano!

Last I heard, part of the conditions of the sale was that Eddie will get x amount depending on the success of the club. Could be wrong though.

35Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed Feb 07 2018, 12:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Thanks Deano!

Last I heard, part of the conditions of the sale was that Eddie will get x amount depending on the success of the club. Could be wrong though.

No, you are not wrong but I believe the targets set for success of the club was a return to the Premier League with 5 years (iirc).

I doubt we will be doing that but you never know!

Very Happy

36Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed Feb 07 2018, 12:58

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Thanks Deano!

No, you are not wrong but I believe the targets set for success of the club was a return to the Premier League with 5 years (iirc).

I doubt we will be doing that but you never know!

Very Happy

I would take finishing 4th from bottom this season. After our unprecedented start, that would be a huge accomplishment (especially when the touts had us 1500:1 to be relegated)!  We are far from being safe... and I hope we can get some results against the top clubs we will be playing in the next two weeks.

37Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed Feb 07 2018, 13:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well at least we know where some of the Madine money has gone now.

38Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed Feb 07 2018, 13:51

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

started listening to talksport, and apparently simon jordan is looking to get back into football and acquire a new club.............

39Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed Feb 07 2018, 13:52

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are far too Northern for that spiv...

40Newest Winding up Order - Page 2 Empty Re: Newest Winding up Order Wed Feb 07 2018, 14:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:started listening to talksport, and apparently simon jordan is looking to get back into football and acquire a new club.............
He was on the radio a few weeks ago and during the course of the interview mentioned that the idea of taking on a northern club "where the club is almost like a religion to the fans" was an interesting challenge, so this might not be as far-fetched as it at first seems.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum