Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sordell

+7
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
largehat
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
WhiteBic
11 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sordell Empty Sordell Sun Aug 05 2012, 10:45

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Its obvious the importance of getting this man back in the squad and playing asap. Does anyone know when this will happen? Will he be at Prenton park Tuesday?

Also with the forwards we have at present who will be our top goal scorer?

2Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Sun Aug 05 2012, 11:06

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I can't see him being at tranmere but, though I suppose he should be.

He should be in the team to face barca though.

3Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Sun Aug 05 2012, 12:14

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I want and expect at least 20 goals from Sordell. Same with Ngog. 5 or 6 from Kevin Davies who I expect to be used mostly as a substitute. 5 or 6 from that young lad we've got from Arsenal. If that happens and the midfield chip in with a few it should be enough to take us up. That's if we learn how to defend in the next two weeks.

4Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Sun Aug 05 2012, 12:19

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BDP, do you not think it's a bit unrealistic expecting 20 goals from both Ngog and Sordell? Only two players achieved that in the Champ last season - Lambert and Vaz Te. It is rare to have two prolific scorers in the same team/season.

5Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Sun Aug 05 2012, 12:21

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think Ngog is better than Vaz Te and Sordell was doing well for Watford before we signed him. I'm not saying they will get 20 each but it's what I think they're capable of doing. It's going to be like McGinlay and Blake all over again.

6Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Sun Aug 05 2012, 12:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:Its obvious the importance of getting this man back in the squad and playing asap. Does anyone know when this will happen? Will he be at Prenton park Tuesday?

Also with the forwards we have at present who will be our top goal scorer?

Sordell is vital as things stand because Ngog & Davies are shite. Sordell might well turn out to be shite (after all, Coyle signed him) but right now he's our only hope for someone getting 20 goals.

However, I have absolutely no doubt that Coyle will "rest" Sordell at Tranmere because, obviously, he must be knackered having just had the Summer off and then sitting on the GB team bench for most of the Olympics.

7Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Sun Aug 05 2012, 13:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"shite" Laughing

8Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Sun Aug 05 2012, 13:32

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

With what we have at the moment, in terms of who scores most I'd put them in the order:

Sordell
Afobe
Davies
N'Gog
Eaves

With a bit of luck they might get 20 goals collectively. Kevin Davies shouldn't be starting games any more - just coming on as an impact sub near the end. Even at that, he'd still probably bag more than N'Gog.

9Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Sun Aug 05 2012, 15:20

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If Sordell and Ngog start against Burnley, I might take back a lot of what I've said about Coyle with regards the coming season. It will indicate that we've moved on from the days of Kevin Davies being the central figure of his Plan A.

As for needing a goalscorer, Reading's leading scorer last season was Adam Le Fondre with 12 and they won the league.

Personally I think we create enough, we'll score enough somehow, without the need for a 'natural finisher'.

10Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Sun Aug 05 2012, 15:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:If Sordell and Ngog start against Burnley, I might take back a lot of what I've said about Coyle with regards the coming season. It will indicate that we've moved on from the days of Kevin Davies being the central figure of his Plan A.

As for needing a goalscorer, Reading's leading scorer last season was Adam Le Fondre with 12 and they won the league.

Personally I think we create enough, we'll score enough somehow, without the need for a 'natural finisher'.

Ngog has done nothing to deserve starting. But no way will Coyle play Sordell and Ngog together anyway. Not a chance, it's too attacking.

11Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Sun Aug 05 2012, 15:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't forget Chris Eagles had 15 goals in half a season for Burnley didn't he?

before we got him.

he can produce at that level.

12Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Mon Aug 06 2012, 09:26

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Sordell will be the key this year and I'm sick of people saying N'Gog is 'shite' because he really isn't, maybe he didn't score many but he is a player who creates the chances gets into space and actually want the ball, his work rate was unbelievable last season. I think he will do well in the Championship. Then there's Afobe, was supposed to be in Wengers first team plans this year, had a successful tour of Asia... Hidden Talent? Then we have Kevin Davies, I think he could be the new Klasnic (not in the goals coring department) coming on a sub every game and maybe getting a few vital goals. And last of all we have our youngsters: Tom Eaves and Michael O'Halloran, both unproved so I can't say much really apart from Eaves scored on the 2-2 draw with Radcliffe Borough in preseason. But also there's Sanmi Odelusi, reported Newcastle and Fulham target, so why isn't he could enough for us then?

13Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Mon Aug 06 2012, 09:55

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I want and expect at least 20 goals from Sordell. Same with Ngog. 5 or 6 from Kevin Davies who I expect to be used mostly as a substitute. 5 or 6 from that young lad we've got from Arsenal. If that happens and the midfield chip in with a few it should be enough to take us up. That's if we learn how to defend in the next two weeks.

you dont want a 20 goal a season striker. you have to find balance...

If sordel DID turn out to be a 20 goal a season striker... we would only get half of that from him, he would sign for another club (going by current trends, Id say west ham wanderers) by January...

no, you dont want your players to be too good... otherwise they leave - Like cahill for instance.

Lee and Holden will be next on the vutures menu if they come back to be fantastic...

14Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Mon Aug 06 2012, 09:59

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

That's football for you Rebel. If players do well they get a big move somewhere. It's always been that way at Bolton.

15Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Mon Aug 06 2012, 10:03

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:That's football for you Rebel. If players do well they get a big move somewhere. It's always been that way at Bolton.

that's exactly why you want your players to be good enough to compete...but not amazing - If they are amazing they lose interest in playing for us and start to dream of 6 figure salaries, bench warming and champions league nights...

you want several players, scoring say beetween 5 and 8 goals a season each... that way nobody really gets 'noticed' Rolling Eyes

16Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Mon Aug 06 2012, 10:12

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think we need our strikers to get more than that if we're going for promotion. Having a few players getting between 5 and 8 would be good enough if we were still in the Premier League. I get what you say about players getting noticed but I'd rather Sordell gets 20+ goals this season, gets us promoted and gets a £25million transfer to City than him playing average and getting 5 goals for the next three seasons before leaving on a free to join Oldham.

17Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Mon Aug 06 2012, 10:21

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I think we need our strikers to get more than that if we're going for promotion. Having a few players getting between 5 and 8 would be good enough if we were still in the Premier League. I get what you say about players getting noticed but I'd rather Sordell gets 20+ goals this season, gets us promoted and gets a £25million transfer to City than him playing average and getting 5 goals for the next three seasons before leaving on a free to join Oldham.

this is a good point...

but would the (hypothetical - before anyone jumps on me for being deluded) 25 million be spent on the playing squad...

or would it get spent on a bunch of 'young hungry (AKA cheap) players, leaving 15m 'in the kitty' (Ie: uncle gartys arse pocket)... or ones that can keep us up?

when we get big money for players... we never spend it, so its pointless.

18Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Mon Aug 06 2012, 10:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JakeSnake wrote:Sordell will be the key this year and I'm sick of people saying N'Gog is 'shite' because he really isn't, maybe he didn't score many but he is a player who creates the chances gets into space and actually want the ball, his work rate was unbelievable last season.

He's paid to score goals. The argument you use is exactly the same one people used to defend Elmander.

19Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Mon Aug 06 2012, 10:51

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
this is a good point...

but would the (hypothetical - before anyone jumps on me for being deluded) 25 million be spent on the playing squad...

or would it get spent on a bunch of 'young hungry (AKA cheap) players, leaving 15m 'in the kitty' (Ie: uncle gartys arse pocket)... or ones that can keep us up?

when we get big money for players... we never spend it, so its pointless.

I'm pretty certain we wouldn't spend it all on players. There's no point in hoping our players don't play amazing and get noticed though. The club needs to be selling players for a profit whether we like it or not.

20Sordell Empty Re: Sordell Mon Aug 06 2012, 12:37

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Bring back Klasnic ..... he will score more than all of them put together at this level.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum