Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sordell...

+9
xmiles
wanderlust
doffcocker
terenceanne
Hipster_Nebula
Lofty_Love
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sordell...  Empty Sordell... Mon Oct 15 2012, 09:46

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Well, in short - apparently we paid 3 million for him...

Or so we think, I've heard we have actually paid £1.5 million for him and the rest will be paid to Watford based on appearances.

I assume by 'appearances' this means 'starts'?

At first I thought there is no way Bolton would be stupid enough to waste 1.5 million on a player and then not play him simply to save a few quid... would they?

however, why else is he not starting?

Ngog cant hit a cows arse with a banjo and for me is more of a Kevin Davies type player anyway - a target man.

Afobe is on loan and not an amazing player by any standards really.

Sordel is good enough to be an ever-present in the England under 21 set-up. he can finish (we know this) and we lack goals... badly.

Does anyone think coyle is (was) stupid enough to leave him on the bench to prevent having to spend any money? its a known fact that Eddie Davies offered him money to spend on players should he need it - and he refused it.

If the new manager plays him then I will be very confused as to why coyle bought a player to have him on the bench...sometimes not even there.

It is a bit confusing...

2Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Mon Oct 15 2012, 10:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't believe the club would spend £1.5m on a player and then keep him on the bench to save cash. Things are fucked up, but not that fucked up!

My personal view is that Sordell was a panic buy. Coyle wanted Zaha from Crystal Palace (if only, he looks good) and when that didn't come off he quickly looked around for another target. Sordell was quick and had scored a few goals so Coyle made an offer. It wouldn't surprise me if he hadn't been scouted at all. When he arrived he probably realised he was a bit shit, and a lazy bugger to boot!

I think Ngog was exactly the same sort of buy, a last minute panic purchase. It was even worse with Ngog - he had no track record of scoring goals in England and Liverpool fans thought he was crap. Stupid, stupid buy.

He'd have been better buying neither Ngog or Sordell and offering Klasnic a new contract. I guarantee you if Klasnic had played every game this season we'd be much higher up the table. We have created more chances than anyone else, all we miss is a finisher. Doh!

3Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Mon Oct 15 2012, 11:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd find it hard to believe that the club would sanction a move for Sordell without the management having a good look at him beforehand.

4Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Mon Oct 15 2012, 11:14

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Its nothing to do with money, Coyle obviously just didn't rate him high enough.

A Watford fan friend told me at the time that Sordell was ok, that he could have a great game one day and then not turn up the next. He was pretty happy to get 3 mill for him, so I don't think hes any superstar.

He probably wasn't happy not getting selected last year, fell out a bit with Coyle, trained badly and so Afobe got first choice.

And lets be honest if Sordell had been playing people would be having a go that Coyle didn't use Afobe, just like they did with Kakuta.

5Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Mon Oct 15 2012, 11:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:
And lets be honest if Sordell had been playing people would be having a go that Coyle didn't use Afobe, just like they did with Kakuta.

Very true is that.

6Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Mon Oct 15 2012, 11:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with most of Nats points to be honest.

I don't think he's "a bit shit" though, he's young, proven he can score goals at this level and has a good skill set.

7Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Mon Oct 15 2012, 12:56

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He may or may not be any good .... but he did score more goals than SKD & Ngog combined together for Watford. He plays for the Under 21's ....there must be somat there worth while.

8Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Mon Oct 15 2012, 22:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

At the point he was sold to Bolton, he was 20 years old, one of the second-tier's leading scorers and an England U21 international. He got 15 goals the season before at the age of 19. There's no way Watford would let him go for £1.5m. I just don't buy it. Even if there's truth in it, why the hell would you buy a player like that for an appearance related fee? How are players that age expected to progress when you won't give them time in the side for fear of running up a bill? Whichever way you look at it, it's millions in transfer fees and wages down the drain.

9Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Tue Oct 16 2012, 11:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:it's millions in transfer fees and wages down the drain.

That is exactly how it looks. Is it any wonder us Wanderers fans get so frustrated?

10Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Tue Oct 16 2012, 19:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My frustration is because he appeared to be bought - like Wylde - as one for the future. I can understand that if he's an investment it's good to get in early before the price rockets. However, if the current players can't hack it and you have an asset like that on the bench, occasionally being asked to play in a system that doesn't suit him somethinbg is very wrong. Maybe there's a change a-comin?

11Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Tue Oct 16 2012, 19:26

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It looks like Sordell will be starting for the England Under 21's tonight.

12Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Tue Oct 16 2012, 19:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes he started and seems to have had a decent game. If only Coyle hadn't had his head up his arse and had given him a chance last season we might even have stayed up. The downside to that of course is that we would still be stuck with Coyle. Rolling Eyes

On a separate note the Serbian fans behaved badly yet again: racial abuse and throwing things at the England players. They really should be made to play their internationals in an empty stadium.

13Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Tue Oct 16 2012, 20:01

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

xmiles wrote:Yes he started and seems to have had a decent game. If only Coyle hadn't had his head up his arse and had given him a chance last season we might even have stayed up. The downside to that of course is that we would still be stuck with Coyle. Rolling Eyes

On a separate note the Serbian fans behaved badly yet again: racial abuse and throwing things at the England players. They really should be made to play their internationals in an empty stadium.
Sad when Sordell gets more playing time for the u21 team than with us.

14Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Wed Oct 17 2012, 10:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Look! Here's a collectors item, it's Marvin getting stuck in. Shame he'd already been substituted.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Wed Oct 17 2012, 10:55

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:Yes he started and seems to have had a decent game. If only Coyle hadn't had his head up his arse and had given him a chance last season we might even have stayed up. The downside to that of course is that we would still be stuck with Coyle. Rolling Eyes

I've been to Serbia (Belgrade) and the fans make the Millwall Bushwhackers of the 80s look like characters from Cbeebies. Suspect

Neanderthals, the lot of them...

16Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Wed Oct 17 2012, 12:29

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Has anyone seen this disgusting picture which a Milwall fan has posted on facebook.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

17Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Wed Oct 17 2012, 12:35

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That's well sick, surely whoever posted it can be tracked down and prosecuted.

18Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Wed Oct 17 2012, 12:39

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

You would think so but with Sordell saying the police saw it happening at the actual game and did nothing, I can't see much happening.

Shows how serious UEFA take racism, not a mention of last nights racism anyhwere on their website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

19Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Wed Oct 17 2012, 12:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

interesting comments under the article.

Stop whining boy

the only way of ending racism is ignoring it!!!!

Of course all of this was a conspiracy from the top of the club to take the heat off Coyle.

20Sordell...  Empty Re: Sordell... Wed Oct 17 2012, 14:20

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

'The police were standing yards away and did nothing. Funniest thing is, if I had come on and scored and gave them some back, I would be the one who got fined.

I can confirm that he wouldn't have come on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum