Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sir Bruce Forsyth has died

+10
okocha
Sluffy
DEANO82
Norpig
Bollotom2014
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Chairmanda
BoltonTillIDie
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 16:47

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

TV veteran Sir Bruce Forsyth has died at the age of 89, his family have announced.

In a statement the family said: "It is with great sadness that the Forsyth family announce that Sir Bruce passed away this afternoon, peacefully at his home surrounded by his wife Wilnelia and all his children.

"A couple of weeks ago, a friend visited him and asked him what he had been doing these last eighteen months.

"With a twinkle in his eye, he responded "I've been very, very busy... being ill!" Unfortunately, not long after this, his health deteriorated and he contracted bronchial pneumonia.

"The family would like to express their thanks to the many people who have sent cards and letters to Bruce wishing him well over his long illness and know that they will share in part, the great, great loss they feel.

"There will be no further comment at the moment and it would be much appreciated if the privacy of Sir Bruce's family is respected at this most difficult time."

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-08-18/tv-veteran-sir-bruce-forsyth-has-died-at-the-age-of-89/

2Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 16:54

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He was a great entertainer and those who knew him well said he was a great man...you ok boncey?

3Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 17:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RIP Brucie.

4Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 17:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A very sad day for me.
I've had my fun with Sir Bruce over the years,and I've possibly gone a little too far with it on occasion,but it wasn't meant to be hurtful.
I don't intend to drone on about him now,but,suffice it to say,I had a bit of a soft spot for the old boy,and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with it.
Love him or hate him,he was an entertainer,and a survivor,with,I might add,a lot more talent than he was given credit for.
Actor,singer,musician,game show host,presenter.You name it,and he could pull it off with aplomb,and I think if any of his modern day rivals achieve a tenth,of what he's achieved,whilst at the same time turning himself into a national treasure,they'll be doing very well indeed.
Rest in peace Brucie. You've earned it.

5Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 17:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:A very sad day for me.
I've had my fun with Sir Bruce over the years,and I've possibly gone a little too far with it on occasion,but it wasn't meant to be hurtful.
I don't intend to drone on about him now,but,suffice it to say,I had a bit of a soft spot for the old boy,and I'm not sure how I'm going to deal with it.
Love him or hate him,he was an entertainer,and a survivor,with,I might add,a lot more talent than he was given credit for.
Actor,singer,musician,game show host,presenter.You name it,and he could pull it off with aplomb,and I think if any of his modern day rivals achieve a tenth,of what he's achieved,whilst at the same time turning himself into a national treasure,they'll be doing very well indeed.
Rest in peace Brucie. You've earned it.

He sure has

6Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 18:04

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Nintch10
Didn't he do well!!!

7Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 18:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nice touch with the banner.

Well done. :like:

8Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 18:19

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sad day for show biz. He started out around 14 years of age and has probably had more folk enjoy his antics (and skills) far more than anyone. If he teams up with Norman Wisdom it'll be a great time up there. Condolences, Boncey.

9Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 18:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bollotom2014 wrote:Sad day for show biz. He started out around 14 years of age and has probably had more folk enjoy his antics (and skills) far more than anyone. If he teams up with Norman Wisdom it'll be a great time up there. Condolences, Boncey.
Do any of you remember The Night at the  London Palladium show he did just with Norman Wisdom and himself?

10Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 18:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nobody could hate Brucie, he was a British TV institution and he was funny - RIP Brucie

11Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 18:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Bollotom2014 wrote:Sad day for show biz. He started out around 14 years of age and has probably had more folk enjoy his antics (and skills) far more than anyone. If he teams up with Norman Wisdom it'll be a great time up there. Condolences, Boncey.
Do any of you remember The Night at the  London Palladium show he did just with Norman Wisdom and himself?

12Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 18:52

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:Nice touch with the banner.

Can you not get rid of Jay Spearing?

13Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 18:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good point. Twisted Evil

14Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 20:41

Rip sir brucie.  As much as we take the piss on here he was definitely mr saturday night when i was growing up.  He was a great entertainer and presenter.  Hope your ok Dad!

15Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Fri Aug 18 2017, 23:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DEANO82 wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Nice touch with the banner.

Can you not get rid of Jay Spearing?
It was an old banner, didnt have chance to make a new one so put this one up as I knew Bonce liked it.

16Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Sat Aug 19 2017, 00:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems he was around all of my life - which I guess he really was.

I remember him back in the old days of Saturday Night at the London Palladium and the Beat the Clock feature that he used to do.

I like many others had a soft spot for Brucie

Rest in Peace Bruce.

Rest in Peace Bruce.

17Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Sat Aug 19 2017, 10:55

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Brucie's sense of fun and effervescence shone through as entirely natural, particularly when he was on the golf course with his buddies, Jimmy Tarbuck and Ronnie Corbett. He had so much energy and good humour, great qualities that kept everyone smiling. RIP.

Hope you're bearing up, Boncie. Perhaps you'll return to post on Nuts more regularly again now:  Wanderers are a great cure for an aching heart! Smile

18Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Sun Aug 20 2017, 18:39

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Mr Saturday night, will be missed great memories Generation game still better than anything on show today.

19Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Mon Aug 21 2017, 12:56

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No disrespect to Bonce but i dont get it, all this fuss over a an old fashion way out of date entertainer, all that show off look at me stuff used to depress me and make me cringe as a kid especially the Sammy Davis stuff. Now the papers are saying Ant is a National Treasure FFS, Tarbuck, he can fuck off and O'grady he's another look at me i'm dancin twat. TV is full of crap, soaps and reality shows, Walliams what a creep. Monkhouse was ok top man i'd say by far in entertainment and what a quick mind no one to touch him, came across as smarmy undeserved though. Edmonds another creep, what's he hiding behind that beard and the fuckers come back.

20Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Empty Re: Sir Bruce Forsyth has died Mon Aug 21 2017, 13:15

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Angry Dad wrote:No disrespect to Bonce but i dont get it, all this fuss over a an old fashion way out of date entertainer, all that show off look at me stuff used to depress me and make me cringe as a kid especially the Sammy Davis stuff. Now the papers are saying Ant is a National Treasure FFS, Tarbuck, he can fuck off and O'grady he's another look at me i'm dancin twat. TV is full of crap, soaps and reality shows, Walliams what a creep. Monkhouse was ok top man i'd say by far in entertainment and what a quick mind no one to touch him, came across as smarmy undeserved though. Edmonds another creep, what's he hiding behind that beard and the fuckers come back.
What about Dec?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum