Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+32
Bwfc1958
NickFazer
Bolton Rebirth
gloswhite
y2johnny
boltonbonce
Growler
Bread2.0
DEANO82
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Maurice Greene
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Keegan
karlypants
rammywhite
bryan458
wessy
Cajunboy
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
observer
Fabians Right Peg
MartinBWFC
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 50]

21Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 29 2017, 12:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If that's the best offer available, you would.

22Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 29 2017, 12:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:If that's the best offer available, you would.

Not necessarily.

If you NEEDED the money you might but if you were already financially secure you could choose to work or not, or take a lower offer if you that suited your personal situation better.

Kone is 33 years old and apparently been injury prone throughout his career.  I guess he won't be getting too many outstanding offers from other clubs and being in the north west (his last two clubs were Wigan and Everton) might just suit him.

I doubt the money is really an issue to him but footballers do seem in general to be greedy.

You'd think Spearing as club captain and someone we've paid millions to, might wanted to have given a bit back to enjoy another season with us and his team mates - but he looks to be off right now.

Personally I hope he goes, I've got faith in Anderson and Parkinson to find a suitable replacement - and for much less than we had been paying him.

23Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 29 2017, 12:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:If that's the best offer available, you would.

Maybe if it was August....but it's still June. Plenty of time for Wanderers Ways to offer me £500 a week.

I'm definitely worth it.

24Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 29 2017, 12:49

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Will Buckley.

Should be a decent signing, think he is right sided though as is Morais, so not sure how he fits into the side.

25Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 29 2017, 12:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:You'd think Spearing as club captain and someone we've paid millions to, might wanted to have given a bit back to enjoy another season with us and his team mates - but he looks to be off right now.

Personally I hope he goes, I've got faith in Anderson and Parkinson to find a suitable replacement - and for much less than we had been paying him.
Totally agree. That's why I started a thread to discuss whether he is dispensible or not because even before it was confirmed he was holding out for £18k a week, I had doubts about his loyalty and motivation. Not like Wheats who took a cut to play in the full knowledge we are a club with very limited finances at the moment.
Now that we've been linked with Milligan - who wants to prove himself in the Championship - I really think it's a better option if a deal can be struck and the paperwork can be sorted.

26Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 29 2017, 13:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:

Should be a decent signing, think he is right sided though as is Morais, so not sure how he fits into the side.
i agree, he looked good at Brighton when i've seen him play, good to have some competition for Morais

27Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 29 2017, 13:09

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:You'd think Spearing as club captain and someone we've paid millions to, might wanted to have given a bit back to enjoy another season with us and his team mates - but he looks to be off right now.

Totally agree. That's why I started a thread to discuss whether he is dispensible or not because even before it was confirmed he was holding out for £18k a week, I had doubts about his loyalty and motivation. Not like Wheats who took a cut to play in the full knowledge we are a club with very limited finances at the moment.
Now that we've been linked with Milligan - who wants to prove himself in the Championship - I really think it's a better option if a deal can be struck and the paperwork can be sorted.

Say Amen! Wheats proved himself a LOYAL servant. How many quid does Spearing need? Be a real captain and you will still be stealing a living. If not, KA should hold the line. We don't need another 325 million in debt.

28Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 29 2017, 13:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:

It's shaping up to be an interesting side with experienced/old? wingback/winger type players. We could do with a fox in the box type like Samizadeh as an alternative to ALF and I'd have thought with Morais, Buckley and Little in the team we'd definitely need sharpness in the middle.

Samizadeh is 18 now and he's had some experience with Chorley and has played a couple of times for us so I was kinda hoping that this was the year he'd break through instead of going out on loan again. One day I hope....

29Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 29 2017, 13:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Samizadeh is 18 now and he's had some experience with Chorley and has played a couple of times for us so I was kinda hoping that this was the year he'd break through instead of going out on loan again. One day I hope....

The pressure at Chorley seemed too big for him, he'd be better at a little club like Bolton.

30Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 29 2017, 14:05

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He scored 2 goals in 2 appearances didn't he?

31Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 09 2017, 16:16

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like ameobi is next to be announced after Lee Andersons tweet:

AM bEing OBvIously opportunistic today . Have a great sunday all. Making the most of the #sunsheeeeine

32Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 09 2017, 17:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Looks like ameobi is next to be announced after Lee Andersons tweet:

AM bEing OBvIously opportunistic today . Have a great sunday all. Making the most of the #sunsheeeeine
That''s a worry if it's true. We've seen Ameobi's limitations in League 1 and he was a relatively high earner at Newcastle so I'd hoped Parky and the scouts would have been a bit more imaginative in trying to find us a real attacking threat at Championship level - instead of sticking with Madine, ALF, Morais and Ameobi. If Ameobi is signed it would suggest that can offer a reasonable salary and perhaps a wider search might have got something better for the money. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic but I'm not 100% confident this strike force can hack it in the Championship and without goals we'll struggle. Does anyone feel inspired by this news?

33Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 09 2017, 17:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've said all along Ameobi is a luxury player who performs once every 5 or 6 games. Morais showed what a player with an end product can do, Ameobi is a big step backwards in my opinion.

34Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 09 2017, 18:01

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've said all along Ameobi is a luxury player who performs once every 5 or 6 games. Morais showed what a player with an end product can do, Ameobi is a big step backwards in my opinion. Q

i can't believe he will sign for us But if Parky wants him in on board.

35Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 09 2017, 18:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How dare you add a 'Q' to my quote.

36Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun Jul 09 2017, 18:15

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:How dare you add a 'Q' to my quote.

I can't believe you drew attention to our safe letter

37Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 12 2017, 17:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fraizer Campbell.

38Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 00:15

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Armstrong - on loan from Newcastle

39Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 09:22

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Adam Armstrong - on loan from Newcastle
Not sure how I feel about this one. Not a great scoring record at Barnsley. But maybe he didn't get the service he needs.

40Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 17 2017, 09:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reading a Barnsley report about him, he tended to play as a lone striker and he doesn't play that role well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum