Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+32
Bwfc1958
NickFazer
Bolton Rebirth
gloswhite
y2johnny
boltonbonce
Growler
Bread2.0
DEANO82
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Maurice Greene
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Keegan
karlypants
rammywhite
bryan458
wessy
Cajunboy
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
observer
Fabians Right Peg
MartinBWFC
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 50]

511Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jan 31 2018, 23:38

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well that has all the hallmarks of a wasted day. Could be an interesting remainder of this term. But we're Bolton supporters. Wouldn't be the same without all the nail biting, depressing Saturdays. Thank christ I'm on duty for the next three days. At least I get to kick the station cat.

512Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jan 31 2018, 23:39

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

T.R.O.Y wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:So Flanagan and Burke, can see it now Parkinson sets us up 8-1-1, fucking genius.

Had his best player sold from under him (again), having just found a winning formula and all you can do is slag the guy.
I do because he's a clueless fucker, he's fucked now because he'll be found out, and hopefully Ken uses the Madine money to get him fucked off.

513Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jan 31 2018, 23:59

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:So Flanagan and Burke, can see it now Parkinson sets us up 8-1-1, fucking genius.

I can imagine he will go back to playing three centre backs, with two strikers - otherwise why sign Flanagan (who is normally a full back but who can (I assume) play centre back as well?).

I can only think Walker will have first dibs as filling in for Madine with Alf alongside (or Clough if he's signed).

As for Parkinson don't be too hard on him - I don't think he had a say in selling Madine.
I don't doubt he did mate, but he'll be found out now he doesn't have a lump to hoof it to, he is a one dimensional manager with limited tactical nous, and now he has a choice, play Wilbrham, or hoof it to Clough and Walker, either way it's disastrous.

514Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 00:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So Walker, Clough, Flanagan and Burke in - all on loans. Does Charsley count? Another loan.
Madine out for a shedload.
Couldn't have been a better day for Anderson's bank manager.

Assume Parky will be up all night reading the alternative tactics section of the coaching manual...

515Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 00:32

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:So Walker, Clough, Flanagan and Burke in - all on loans. Does Charsley count? Another loan.

Assume Parky will be up all night reading the alternative tactics section of the coaching manual...
And still he won't be able to change his style, face it he's a hoof it and hope type.

516Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 00:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I can imagine he will go back to playing three centre backs, with two strikers - otherwise why sign Flanagan (who is normally a full back but who can (I assume) play centre back as well?).

I can only think Walker will have first dibs as filling in for Madine with Alf alongside (or Clough if he's signed).

As for Parkinson don't be too hard on him - I don't think he had a say in selling Madine.
I don't doubt he did mate, but he'll be found out now he doesn't have a lump to hoof it to, he is a one dimensional manager with limited tactical nous, and now he has a choice, play Wilbrham, or hoof it to Clough and Walker, either way it's disastrous.

Or he could play/be forced into using different tactics.

Obviously he can only use the players he's got, so unless he can find an unattached like for like direct replacement for Madine, he will still have to use them - but in a slightly different way than he has.

I think the clue is the signing of Flanagan - what's that all about?

Flanagan is a right back - but can play left.

Our full backs - Little on the right and Robinson on the left have been amongst our best players this season - so why sign cover for them, when an attacker is the urgent gap to fill?

The only reason I can think of right now (and with Burke returning) is to play three at the back, with Flanagan slotting into a left wingback role and Robinson (who has had one or two defending errors recently) moving up and replacing Buckley in midfield.

So with the keeper, a back three of Wheater, Beevers and Burke, and wingbacks of Flanagan and Little - our defence is probably as tight as it can be.

So maybe we only need one holding midfielder in Henry, allowing Ameobi and Robinson to play wide of him, with Clough and Vela up front perhaps.

Now that I write it out it doesn't look that good - it seemed better in my head.

Maybe the Walker signing might fit better - with a back four - leave Beevers out - Robinson pushed up to take the place of Buckley - with Henry holding and Vela attacking mid - Ameobi right attacking mid - with Walker and Clough up front - maybe that is a better fit.

There must be some thinking behind bringing Flanagan in - and there must have been at least some thought of planning as to how to play if Madine went.

Clearly it was like for like - with going for the tall Dutch lad - plan B must have been Clough I suppose?

Maybe they will give our young striker a chance perhaps?

517Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 01:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From an attacking perspective we've replaced Madine by borrowing Florists' reserves. 
And Clough is sheer desperation to appease the fans.
Parky must be fuming. He didn't improve midfield creativity and he hasn't got a big striker, so surely he has to go for pace and guile up front and hope they can be slick enough to play their way through? 
If Parky wanted these signings he must already have decided to switch tactics and I just don't believe that.

518Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 01:54

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:From an attacking perspective we've replaced Madine by borrowing Florists' reserves. 
And Clough is sheer desperation to appease the fans.
Parky must be fuming. He didn't improve midfield creativity and he hasn't got a big striker, so surely he has to go for pace and guile up front and hope they can be slick enough to play their way through? 
If Parky wanted these signings he must already have decided to switch tactics and I just don't believe that.
Who won't be able to play the final game of the season against Forest.
I can't believe it was Parky's decision to sell Madine and replace with the Nottm Forest reserves
I make it Ken's now sold Holding, Clough and Madine for around £12 million and still not paid a transfer fee

519Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 07:40

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This time because we're in an embargo - though you won't find any confirmation of it from Kenneth

520Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 07:48

Needed a target man, didn’t get one, massive gamble. Is the loan window still open?

521Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 07:51

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:So Walker, Clough, Flanagan and Burke in - all on loans. Does Charsley count? Another loan.

And still he won't be able to change his style, face it he's a hoof it and hope type.

His style of play is direct yes, like most teams down the bottom. Your stance on Parky is ridiculous - especially given how his job is made increasingly difficult as he loses his best players.

522Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 08:00

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The same guy who told me about the embargo and about Madine's desire to leave also believes that the change will bring about a different style of play - given the incomings that seems inevitable. Delighted if it happens.

523Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 08:06

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kane57 wrote:The same guy who told me about the embargo and about Madine's desire to leave also believes that the change will bring about a different style of play - given the incomings that seems inevitable. Delighted if it happens.
Your bloke was wrong about the embargo, we put in a cash bid for the lad from Charlton according to Iles.

524Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 08:07

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Do you know how embargoes work?

You can't sign anyone for cash until you sell someone for cash. You have to prove you have the means to make signings.

Do you think it's a coincidence that as soon as Madine left we started making deals?

Bless your little naive heart x

525Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 08:31

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Having slept on it, I think it has been an awful transfer window for the prospects of the football team . We now have a worse attack than we had for the first half of last season in Div 3 when we had Madine, Clough and Amoebi.

Its been a belting window for Ken's bank balance though!

526Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 08:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I don't hold out great hopes for Clough. He didn't used to like getting involved, as far as I am concerned, which is an odd outlook for a shorter than average striker, who gets knocked off the ball too easily. Even so, I wish him well, and hope both he and us, are happy with his return, at the end of the season.

527Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 09:57

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

@reluctantnicko doesn't rate Ken's dealings

Transfer window sympathy table. 1. Riyad Mahrez. 2. Phil Parkinson.

528Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 10:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
y2johnny wrote:Clough
You’re a bit behind...

So were you, I broke that news before the press as per

529Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 11:50

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dompe wasn't offered a contract after all it seems, Kramer has been released but presumably still doesn't want to come and as far as I know, nobody apart from Madine has left. 
With 5 loanees coming in and several players running out of contract at the end of the season it looks like there will be another upheaval in the summer regardless of which division we're in.

530Transfer rumours ! - Page 27 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Feb 01 2018, 11:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Growler wrote:Its been a belting window for Ken's bank balance though!
Have you forgot that we have bills to pay?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 38 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum