Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 0-3 Brentford

+21
doffcocker
rammywhite
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Bollotom2014
King Bill
observer
Chairmanda
Bread2.0
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
To Be Frank
karlypants
wessy
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Sluffy
wanderlust
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sat Sep 23 2017, 19:36

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The whole lot where a disgrace, Parkinson out of his depth, the players look physically tired and completely unorganised. Even with five in defence Brentford ran rings round us the number of times two or three defenders went to the ball leaving free runners was shocking.

62Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sat Sep 23 2017, 19:51

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Speechless after that debacle, first 10 we should have been in front, the next 80 minutes truly awful.
season over in September !!!!!!!!!!!!

63Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sat Sep 23 2017, 19:52

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

First game I've been to this season and I was shocked to see how far we had regressed from last season. Then we were a mediocre team who managed to get ourselves promoted more by chance than skill. But this afternoon we were appalling.
People on here are talking about a system'- but I couldn't see one. The only time there was a 'system' it consisted of the positions they stood in for the five kick-offs during the game. They look unfit, overweight, slow and utterly without guile. Not one of them looked like they had a footballing brain, an ability to create something. Brentford were small- yet they won headers, found loads of space, outmuscled some of our carthorses, won 50:50 balls everywhere.
Getting shut of Parkinson won't improve matters as we've got a set of players who currently don't even qualify as journeymen. That's what Brentford were- a bunch of relatively unknown grafters who outshone us in every department. If you asked me what the solution is- I don't have a clue as I think this bunch are currently beyond redemption.

64Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sat Sep 23 2017, 20:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Personally I don't think we've regressed at all from last season, I think it's just the same team but with a few clueless youngsters thrown in.

Throw in the fact that we're now up against teams with a bit of pace and trickery, it's no surprise at all that we're getting hammered week in week out.

Parky's methods got us promoted in the end last season, but even then we all knew (deep down) it would all go tits up this season.

Upsetting thing is I don't see anything getting better on the pitch until things off it change, and it doesn't start with Parky getting sent packing.

65Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sat Sep 23 2017, 20:31

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Can't see Ka getting shut of Parky either. It'll mean he may have to get his own money out and he doesn't like doing that. 
This ACV episode doesn't reflect well on him either. The club looks like it's reeling once again.

66Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sat Sep 23 2017, 20:48

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Fabians Right Peg wrote:The whole lot where a disgrace, Parkinson out of his depth, the players look physically tired and completely unorganised. Even with five in defence Brentford ran rings round us the number of times two or three defenders went to the ball leaving free runners was shocking.
Thought they had some R&R this week! As I said It's not R&R they need, it's CPR they need to get some life into them!

67Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sat Sep 23 2017, 21:20

We need someone big and scary to get the best out of the team.  I suggest pomcol.  Thats if he ever finds his way on his pushbike

68Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sat Sep 23 2017, 21:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:The whole lot where a disgrace, Parkinson out of his depth, the players look physically tired and completely unorganised. Even with five in defence Brentford ran rings round us the number of times two or three defenders went to the ball leaving free runners was shocking.
Thought they had some R&R this week! As I said It's not R&R they need, it's CPR they need to get some life into them!
CPR? Are you suggesting this lot have a heart?

69Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sat Sep 23 2017, 21:50

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Absolute shite. Shocking performance from both players and management. Sack the fucking lot of 'em.

Parky has lost the plot, 5 fucking defenders against their loan forward. Fucking brilliant Parky. Our best right winger playing central and then moved out to the left! Fuck off.

Brentford cut through us with ease. If they had put away their easy chances 6-0 wouldn't have flattered them.

I can't even be bothered rating the players as they were all shite, without exception. Yes we're skint, yes the manager is clueless, but fucking hell, put some fucking effort in you shitbags. At least make the opposition work for their goals.

Shameful from top to bottom.

BWFC out!

On the bright side, Nat, can't see you having to do too many behind enemy lines this season...if any.

70Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sat Sep 23 2017, 22:38

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Interesting stat from WW poster, Parkinsons record in the Championship is 4 wins at Hull after 21 games(sacked). 4 wins at Charlton after 28 games ( sacked ), 0 wins from 9 games Bolton, so 8 wins in 58 games, how does that not call for sacking the clown?

71Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sun Sep 24 2017, 01:07

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was there today. We didn't lack fight or commitment. We lacked quality all over the park. To be brutally blunt we aren't good enough for this division, I've watched four games so far this season and it's blatantly clear we don't have the personnel required to play at this level. Yes tactics could have been better and a clearly identifiable system would be a big help too but even with them we're a poor Championship side, League One seems to be the true level of most of the players who were out there today.

72Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sun Sep 24 2017, 10:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:We didn't lack fight or commitment.

Of course we did. No one put their foot in, no one ran themselves silly, no one was shouting instructions to the younger players. They went through the motions at best.

Where are the leaders on the pitch?

We have zero quality, but so do other teams, but they get through on spirit and commitment. We have neither.

73Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sun Sep 24 2017, 11:42

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:We didn't lack fight or commitment.

Of course we did. No one put their foot in, no one ran themselves silly, no one was shouting instructions to the younger players. They went through the motions at best.

Where are the leaders on the pitch?

We have zero quality, but so do other teams, but they get through on spirit and commitment. We have neither.

:agree:

74Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sun Sep 24 2017, 12:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:

He should just play what he considers to be his best 11 in the system that suits them most and stick to it. Hopefully that way they're able to compete in some games.

Clearly, chopping and changing the system / formation doesn't work because the majority of this squad simply don't have the ability. Make it easy... get them organised on the training ground and instruct them to stick to the same plan on game day.

He's lost his way.
I think Parky has found what he believes to be his best system but the problem is it doesn't work and he won't change it.
He lined them up away at Ipswich in exactly the same way he did at home v Brentford. With no attacking threat to speak of his plan B (once we're losing) seems to push the CBs forward or bring on more strikers but whilst the overall shape is so deep and defensively minded there simply aren't enough quality chances created and we are left wide open for the counter.

I think the return of Vela will improve things but that apart our only hope is that Parky sees the light and swallows his pride.

75Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sun Sep 24 2017, 13:06

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I was there today. We didn't lack fight or commitment. We lacked quality all over the park. To be brutally blunt we aren't good enough for this division, I've watched four games so far this season and it's blatantly clear we don't have the personnel required to play at this level. Yes tactics could have been better and a clearly identifiable system would be a big help too but even with them we're a poor Championship side, League One seems to be the true level of most of the players who were out there today.
I said before the club should not have got promotion.....we are not ready either financially or staff wise. Another season of getting the club straightened out in league one was in order. Yes we will get more championship money but at what long term cost when we drop with a record braking low point totals. Carry on the way we are going and we will be the laughing stock of football. Who will want to play for us...who would want to buy us?  What manager worth his salt wants this gig? 
All we can do now is battle on and hope for a miracle. We need three teams to be worse than us over the next 30 games.  At least it makes for good banter on here  Rolling Eyes

76Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sun Sep 24 2017, 13:56

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:I was there today. We didn't lack fight or commitment. We lacked quality all over the park. To be brutally blunt we aren't good enough for this division, I've watched four games so far this season and it's blatantly clear we don't have the personnel required to play at this level. Yes tactics could have been better and a clearly identifiable system would be a big help too but even with them we're a poor Championship side, League One seems to be the true level of most of the players who were out there today.
I said before the club should not have got promotion.....we are not ready either financially or staff wise. Another season of getting the club straightened out in league one was in order. Yes we will get more championship money but at what long term cost when we drop with a record braking low point totals. Carry on the way we are going and we will be the laughing stock of football. Who will want to play for us...who would want to buy us?  What manager worth his salt wants this gig? 
All we can do now is battle on and hope for a miracle. We need three teams to be worse than us over the next 30 games.  At least it makes for good banter on here  Rolling Eyes
Thing is with Parkinson still in charge there will be no worse teams than us, it's nailed on relegation, and we all know he can't change his style of play, so whats the choices? get rid of 15 players and replace them with players that suits his style, or get rid of him and get someone in who can get a tune out of what we have already got on the books.

77Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sun Sep 24 2017, 14:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:
I said before the club should not have got promotion.....we are not ready either financially or staff wise.

I can't believe you're still peddling this utter shite.

Firstly, no real fan wants to avoid promotion. Football is all about promotion, that's the aim of every single club and fan in the land.

Yes we're shite and will almost certainly go down, but there's still a chance, no matter how small, that we can avoid relegation and build from there.

You talk like a typical shitbag who hasn't been to a match in 10 years. This isn't a business to me, this is my club and I want them to win every game at the highest level possible.

Fuck off.

78Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sun Sep 24 2017, 15:02

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

The only match I've missed was WHU and Ipswich as I was on holiday. I wanted to give Parky some time as the team is way out of their depth.
I'm just watching Sheffield Wednesday v Sheffield united and their Footballing skills are way beyond ours.
Cullen is a waste of time .The last time we went down we had a better team. Feeney,Clough,Holding,Davies.
We will go down. Just seen Sheffield united score their 4 th goal. We have not scored in 6 matches.Only a massive injection of money and quality players might save us.
Back to league 1 and start again.
Jake Turner in the net and max broughton coming in to the midfield.He will be 18 next season. So we have a few positives. Get the young lad in the net and start again .
Wether we somehow stay up I'd get rid of Howard Alnwick and play Turner.One more season we have with Amos.
Whatever happens in the coming weeks we are in a better position financially.
Just wonder why we never get a buyer with money. Barnsley WTF, it's sad but we will be there each week either at the match or supporting from afar because we love our team.
Maybe it's time for Parky to go.After 10 matches if we have not won something has to happen.

79Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Sun Sep 24 2017, 15:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Both Millwall and Sheffield Utd are doing well, and neither has spent millions.

Ok, Sheffield Utd were head and shoulders above everyone else last season, but didn't we beat Millwall home and away? We certainly didn't lose to them. Yet with almost the same squad that sneaked into the play-offs on the final day they've taken points from 6 of their 9 games.

This isn't just about cash, this is about a manager unable to motivate his players, and a manager who can't seem to spot players that have potential to play at Championship level. All his signings have been rubbish.

He should be thanked for his efforts last season, but shown the door pronto.

80Bolton 0-3 Brentford - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 0-3 Brentford Mon Sep 25 2017, 06:16

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Natasha Whittam wrote:Both Millwall and Sheffield Utd are doing well, and neither has spent millions.

Ok, Sheffield Utd were head and shoulders above everyone else last season, but didn't we beat Millwall home and away? We certainly didn't lose to them. Yet with almost the same squad that sneaked into the play-offs on the final day they've taken points from 6 of their 9 games.

This isn't just about cash, this is about a manager unable to motivate his players, and a manager who can't seem to spot players that have potential to play at Championship level. All his signings have been rubbish.

He should be thanked for his efforts last season, but shown the door pronto.

We also beat Sheffield Utd twice. 
What's happened is that these two teams have upped their tempo and are definitely training with more intensity. They chase everything and don't believe in lost causes anymore. 
We've done none of these things and are paying for it.
You're right, you don't have to spend millions. Desire, hunger and playing for the shirt cost nowt.

KA won't sack Parky yet. It'll cost him. He's shown he is unwilling to invest in us, merely keep us afloat until he passes us on. He got us on the cheap too.

We are not down yet, but the way Brentford sliced us open time and again is very worrying for the rest of the season if things don't change. With our current status, I'm not sure what can.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum