Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers Supporters' Trust will not back down over Macron ACV order to 'safeguard the club’s

+9
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Bollotom2014
Kane57
Natasha Whittam
wanderlust
Norpig
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thanks sluffy. In short I had a bad reaction to some medication that made things worse and it took a while for the docs and me to find an alternative that actually does some good. It's a good job too 'cos I went to the game yesterday. Very Happy

In all seriousness I've struggled to raise the energy and will to do much of anything over the last few months but I seem to be on the mend now. I got back to work a couple of weeks ago and (so far at least) I'm able to handle things well enough. I'm just hoping the new meds continue to work as they have so far.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good to see you back Peter and glad you are finally on the mend now mate! Smile

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Thanks sluffy. In short I had a bad reaction to some medication that made things worse and it took a while for the docs and me to find an alternative that actually does some good. It's a good job too 'cos I went to the game yesterday. Very Happy

In all seriousness I've struggled to raise the energy and will to do much of anything over the last few months but I seem to be on the mend now. I got back to work a couple of weeks ago and (so far at least) I'm able to handle things well enough. I'm just hoping the new meds continue to work as they have so far.

I'm sure the whole of Nuts wishes you a complete and speedy return to full health Peter.

Best wishes to your family also.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Any chance you could let us know the medication? Just want to get some in before the next match.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Good to see you back Peter and glad you are finally on the mend now mate! Smile
Yes indeed. Nice to have you back posting. :like:

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
As to Ken Anderson, I think he's doing his best but he never had, or claimed to have the kind of money that would be needed to bring real on field success (ie return to the Prem) and he always saw himself and Dean as a stop gap, a sort of interim owner who could rebalance the clubs books then sell out for some sort of profit but circumstances have conspired against that.

Let me be clear. By balancing the books I do NOT mean paying off all the debts we owed. I mean that such debts would be restructured in a manner that allows them to be serviced from current income and cleared within a reasonable time frame (eg five to ten years), a not uncommon practice amongst middle sized limited companies. Sadly Dean got into serious trouble by how he financed his own side of the deal and that affected the public perception of where BWFC was at despite the club not actually being involved in that particular deal.
Welcome back Peter.

Anderson has now secured the entire loan against the club's assets, so like it or not, it is the club that has that additional burden hanging around it's neck.

I would also suggest that far from stabilising the club's finances, Anderson has gambled on survival and the additional income that would bring and gambled on selling off our best future prospects in the process so we are far from being out of the woods yet. 

Time will tell whether Anderson is good for BWFC or is simply up to his old tricks again so I think we need to hang fire before we blow smoke up his arse and proclaim him as the Messiah. Right now he just looks like a very naughty boy IMO.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

lusty securing finance against club assets is nothing new, the Glazers did it to buy Man Utd to begin with. It's basically the same as a mortgage on your house. The house itself is the collateral but it's not at any risk so long as you make repayments on time. Many people remortgage in order to pay for improvements etc and that's effectively what Anderson had to do here.

What matters at the moment is NOT the headline debt number but whether or not that debt is being properly serviced. Like any loan it's not a problem if you're making the repayments on time.

I would presume to suggest that Ken is not in a position to make a huge profit if any from the club as things stand and that he feels he needs to sell something (I would suspect the Hotel but it could be the ground) in order to give the club and himself breathing room and to finally end the embargo. So long as that's in place I can't see anyone wanting to buy us at all much less for a sum that would line Ken's pockets.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:lusty securing finance against club assets is nothing new, the Glazers did it to buy Man Utd to begin with. It's basically the same as a mortgage on your house. The house itself is the collateral but it's not at any risk so long as you make repayments on time. Many people remortgage in order to pay for improvements etc and that's effectively what Anderson had to do here.

What matters at the moment is NOT the headline debt number but whether or not that debt is being properly serviced. Like any loan it's not a problem if you're making the repayments on time.

I would presume to suggest that Ken is not in a position to make a huge profit if any from the club as things stand and that he feels he needs to sell something (I would suspect the Hotel but it could be the ground) in order to give the club and himself breathing room and to finally end the embargo. So long as that's in place I can't see anyone wanting to buy us at all much less for a sum that would line Ken's pockets.
However if a new investor had bought Deano's shares the cash would have reduced the debt, which would have reduced the interest payments and in turn given more flexibility with cashflow.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:lusty securing finance against club assets is nothing new, the Glazers did it to buy Man Utd to begin with. It's basically the same as a mortgage on your house. The house itself is the collateral but it's not at any risk so long as you make repayments on time. Many people remortgage in order to pay for improvements etc and that's effectively what Anderson had to do here.

However if a new investor had bought Deano's shares the cash would have reduced the debt, which would have reduced the interest payments and in turn given more flexibility with cashflow.

:rofl:

wanderlust wrote:Because the biggest mistake in business you are involved in is to let any person have a majority shareholding as from that moment on they own your ass.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

That's quite the patronising tone you've got there

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think any tone would disguise the glaring non sequitur.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It comes with the territory I suppose. Can't wait til this shite is done so we can fuck it the fuck off

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:That's quite the patronising tone you've got there

Hahaha!

Just because I've just pulled you up over on Wway's!

11.01pm I post this over on ww's

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Grow up Chris.

It's about time you did.

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

This cross-forum horseshit is starting to catch up with you - hence you being called out on it over there and you even acknowledging that with your self-imposed hiatus!

You've taken a stance and even when the guy is perfectly reasonable you can't reply in kind. It's sad.

Be curious to know what I'm meant to have lied about - seeing as you put it in bold and all.

edit - actually don't worry about it. I don't care.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:This cross-forum horseshit is starting to catch up with you - hence you being called out on it over there and you even acknowledging that with your self-imposed hiatus!

You've taken a stance and even when the guy is perfectly reasonable you can't reply in kind. It's sad.

My self-imposed hiatus.

Hahaha!

For God sake man.

How old are you now in your thirties?

Not that it is any of your business but I've taken on a short term works contract which started late afternoon on Friday(22nd) which means I'm off playing about on the forums for the vast chunk of the day for the next month or more. (Check out what time I posted on here and ww since mid-afternoon Friday if you don't believe me).

We've even already discussed our absences behind the scenes on here and even considered taking on additional mods, as I'm not the only Admin the will be missing over the next week or two.

I'm sorry to disappoint you that my sad and pathetic life does not totally dwell about living out internet feud's and battles with the ST and occasionally I can tear myself away from frothing at the mouth, screaming at the screen, to do some real and meaningful good in the world, outside from my padded cell where I post all of my ventings and rage.

Is that honestly how you perceive me to be?

Christ they say you judge others by your own standards - and you are the one running across here to tell tales of me - so maybe you really do see me like that?

The ACV will not be lifted - or it might be - but I can't influence it in any way.

I won't cheer if it does, I won't cry if it doesn't.

Maybe the ST is the best thing since sliced Bread - good for them if they are - and more fool me for getting it so completely wrong - but what good does it do me if I was right - what harm does it do me if I was wrong?

I still can't believe you actually just ran from one forum to another just to stir the shit on me because I told you off.

Jesus that's what little children do.

I thought you were better than that.

Clearly I was wrong.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum