Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Las Vegas concert attack

+10
okocha
Bread2.0
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
doffcocker
Cajunboy
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Leeds_Trotter
wanderlust
14 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Las Vegas concert attack Empty Las Vegas concert attack Mon Oct 02 2017, 11:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Death toll still rising, currently saying over 50 dead.

Local nutter apparently.

RIP and condolences to all involved.

2Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Mon Oct 02 2017, 12:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes I know already.

3Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Mon Oct 02 2017, 12:44

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Awful news. Though America really needs to get it's act together and get rid of its stupid gun laws.

4Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Mon Oct 02 2017, 12:46

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Forgot to mention I know the gun used isn't one anybody can legally get over there, but the point I made still stands.

5Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Mon Oct 02 2017, 13:31

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

That's the life in cowboy country I'm afraid. The president typifies it with his arrogant and gung ho attitude.
As usual normal people take the hit. RIP.

6Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Mon Oct 02 2017, 14:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently the gun laws in Nevada are amongst the most lax. It is legal to buy automatic weapons and sell them on privately. There is a good chance that the weapons used were actually legal.

7Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Mon Oct 02 2017, 17:59

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

One day the penny will drop and the politicians will bite the bullett and repeal that part of their constitution which grants them the right to bear arms. Until then, thousands and thousands of innocent lives will be lost because of the stubbornness and likes of the NRA. RIP.

8Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Mon Oct 02 2017, 18:54

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

9Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Mon Oct 02 2017, 19:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just seen the ITV news coverage of this for the first time.

Was anybody else alarmed by the brother's interview?

If my brother had just killed 60 people, I'd be suicidal, absolutely nowhere near fit to be doing a TV interview.

It's almost as though this guy was talking about his brother, the petty thief, not mass murderer.

Oh ye, my brother was just a normal guy, I can't believe it, oh god damn. Sure, kind of a jerk sometimes but I dunno...

He even chuckled at one point.

Going off his levels of compassion, it's a bit easier to imagine the disgusting specimen that did it.

10Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Mon Oct 02 2017, 20:56

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mentioned that shares in the two largest gun manufacturers in the US increased by 4% today, shows that the large companies behind the trade and the NRA actually profit from these type of events.

11Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Tue Oct 03 2017, 08:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Saw Piers Morgan ripping into some guy from the NRA on telly this morning (same guy they always interview after something like this happens, so he's on a lot unfortunately) and as usual the answer is more guns would have stopped it happening
But it's ok as the rifle that killed nearly 60 and injured 600 is the least powerful rifle available according to the NRA nutcase  Shocked
They will never learn those crazy Yanks.

12Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Tue Oct 03 2017, 09:17

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Seeing as the usual suspects in Murica (The NRA, Sarah Sanders Huckerbee, Bullshit O'Reilly, etc) are all saying that "now is not the time to politicise a tragedy and talk about gun control", can we pick a date please?

I'm proposing that we choose one in the near future, given that this latest incident is officially the worst mass shooting in modern US history, having taken the crown from the Miami Nightclub shooting which was a mere 15 fucking months ago...

13Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Tue Oct 03 2017, 10:47

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

After the Sandy Hook shootings where 26 little children were murdered at an elementary school, most sane, civilised people led by a entirely supportive, decent president called for gun control and a change to the Constitution, but nothing materialised. Many said that was "the time....now or never."

Now we have witnessed the worst mass shooting in USA history but we also have a president who publicly supports the NRA and said to the gun lobby only recently, "I'm your man"......so what chance any change? Zero! If Obama couldn't defeat those who believe that MORE weapons is the answer, then no one can.

There was an absolutely brainless Las Vegas woman on the news today saying, "I wish I'd had my gun with me!"   Yes, that would really have helped the situation!! 

By that logic, we should aim to arm all schoolchildren too! 

It makes me sick to hear Trump calling on his citizens to pray and come together in love, when he, a man who only loves himself and his family, condones the far right and gets much of his support from the KKK. USA needs to come to its senses. I wonder how Trump would react if he were to be wounded or one of his own family were to be the victim of a gun attack....

14Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Tue Oct 03 2017, 11:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Saw Piers Morgan ripping into some guy from the NRA on telly this morning (same guy they always interview after something like this happens, so he's on a lot unfortunately) and as usual the answer is more guns would have stopped it happening
But it's ok as the rifle that killed nearly 60 and injured 600 is the least powerful rifle available according to the NRA nutcase  Shocked
They will never learn those crazy Yanks.

Saw a bit of that too. Also interestingly added that most President have to be pro gun as this gets them approx. 5 million votes, Needed in order to gain control.

15Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Tue Oct 03 2017, 16:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that the stat provided by the New York Times says it all:

Number of Americans killed on battlefields in all wars in history:

Killed by firearms in the US since 1968:

16Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Tue Oct 03 2017, 23:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

wanderlust wrote:I think that the stat provided by the New York Times says it all:

Number of Americans killed on battlefields in all wars in history:

Killed by firearms in the US since 1968:

It seems unbelivable but here is a link providing more detail: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiwyrqOwdXWAhVE1hoKHWqvC1EQFggoMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.politifact.com%2Fpunditfact%2Fstatements%2F2015%2Faug%2F27%2Fnicholas-kristof%2Fmore-americans-killed-guns-1968-all-wars-says-colu%2F&usg=AOvVaw3mJLkgEBwhlNtZmqPlhyou

17Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Wed Oct 04 2017, 00:40

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Someone made a good point on Twitter earlier.

When Sandyhook happened, wherein some fucker walked into a primary school and machine-gunned small children, all discussion regarding the ownership of high calibre weapons should have been immediately rendered moot.

Under fives.

Gunned down as they played in the sandpit.....

It won't ever change though. 

Because America will never elect a president who says "Hang on....This whole "God & Guns" thing is bollocks."

The Christian Right is simply too powerful.

Obama tried but he wimped out on the "God" bit because of all the "He's a Kenyan Muslim" shite so he had to play to the Christian lobby.

Ah...I dunno.....We're a bit fucked, aren't we?

18Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Wed Oct 04 2017, 10:00

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

A guy on his own checks into a hotel with ten suitcases and no one picks up on it?

19Las Vegas concert attack Empty Re: Las Vegas concert attack Wed Oct 04 2017, 23:11

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Its one thing to have the right to protect your family (constitution), by having the right to own a fire arm, but it's sheer madness to allow every household the right to own an arsenal of weapons. If this guy was only allowed a pistol for protection, then this atrocity doesn't happen.

the truth is the Yanks are there own worst enemies meanwhile innocent people get killed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum