Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wolves 5-1 Bolton

+13
Bollotom2014
Boggersbelief
observer
gloswhite
Growler
Sluffy
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
wessy
Norpig
karlypants
rammywhite
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Sat Nov 25 2017, 19:02

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We got promoted because we won games in League 1. This division is a world apart and millions have been spent by others. In the past, even in the Prem we rarely filled the 28000+ stadium. We don't have a massive fan base, more Manure fans in Bolton than Bolton fans. We are about at the level we could expect without spending big, moving stadiums or a mix of the two. We survive this term and we'll have a similar battle next term unless we are sold and have a goodly amount of the folding stuff spent on players, but our low capacity stadium will always tie us up. Anyway, lots more games to go and fingers crossed.

22Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Sat Nov 25 2017, 20:15

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

We don’t need to fill the stadium with 28-000 every week. Burnley Swansea have 20-000 max, Bournemouth have gates of 10-000. If we were in the premier.
Success brings the fans along. 4-500 away at Port Vale in leauge 1. Football success is not only crowd based. Wolves have roughly the same average as Sunderland.
Middlesbrough before they got back up to the premier a few seasons ago were only getting 15-16,000 crowds. We got up last year ,we had no money,an embargo and debt.
A couple of victories and we drag a few teams back in to the Relegation fray. Obviously we have been pegged back from winning positions. But there’s 28 games left.
Wolves have spent Millions. Money talks these days. Everyone would have bitched if we stayed down. Anyone wearing a Scum top should receive a good kicking. Wankers.

23Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Sun Nov 26 2017, 10:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Wolverhampton Wanderers 5-1 Bolton Wanderers

Bolton Wanderers' unbeaten run came to a halt against table-toppers Wolverhampton Wanderers who ran out 5-1 winners at Molineux.

The hosts, who picked up their fifth successive Sky Bet Championship victory, cantered into a 2-0 half-time thanks to goals from Willy Boly and Leo Bonatini.

A penalty from Ivan Cavaleiro in the second-half increased the home side’s advantage before substitute Will Buckley reduced the arrears with his first goal in a Wanderers shirt.

But further goals from Cavaleiro and Jota ensured Wolves registered a comprehensive victory in front of their own fans.

Team News

Wanderers made just one side from the side that drew 2-2 with Reading at Macron Stadium on Tuesday evening with Mark Beevers returning from suspension to replace Reece Burke.

Phil Parkinson’s men were aiming to extend their unbeaten run to an eighth game against an in-form Wolves side flying high at the summit of the Sky Bet Championship following a four-game winning streak.

First Half

Wearing all white, Wanderers kicked the game off and fashioned a chance within seconds of getting the game underway when Josh Vela pressured Barry Douglas into losing possession inside his own penalty box. The midfielder saw Gary Madine screaming for the ball unmarked but unfortunately was unable to find the striker.

Vela and Madine combined once again with the former’s free-kick finding the head of the big striker, who was unable to get enough power on the ball to direct it beyond John Ruddy.

Madine took a blow to the head during that attempt and had to go off the field for a short while to receiving treatment and a new shirt.

But it was the hosts who took the early advantage after 13 minutes when Willy Boly powered home Douglas’ corner with a firm header that left Ben Alnwick with no chance.

Boly almost doubled his and his team’s tally with another header just four minutes later but Alnwick somehow kept him out. Wanderers then had to survive a barrage of shots after they failed to clear their lines before Antonee Robinson cleared for a corner.

Bolstered by their early goal, Wolves were trying their luck from all angles and Ivan Cavaleiro went just wide with a left footed drive after cutting in from wide.

The hosts doubled their lead in the 26th minute after Jota lofts the ball over the advancing Alnwick allowing Leo Bonatini to steer into an unguarded goal.

Wanderers looked to get back into the contest with Madine and Sammy Ameobi showing attacking intent. Madine was consistently holding up the ball well and Ameobi causing issues on the right hand with his trickery

Just before the half time whistle both managers were sent to the stands by referee Keith Stroud following a touchline remonstration moments after Wheater was shown a yellow card for a tackle on Jota.

Second Half

Both teams resumed the second half without making any changes and the hosts started as they had left off with a determination to add to their tally.

The visitors were struggling to get hold of the ball against a dominant Wolves midfield.

Bonatini should have done better when presented with a close range effort, only to see his shot deflect for a corner.

Adam Armstrong created a good chance when he sidestepped a Wolves defender but should have done better with his shot which went wide.

But Wolves increased their lead on 62 minutes when Cavaleiro sent his spot kick past Alnwick after Robinson upended Romain Saiss.

Parkinson responded with a double substitution immediately afterwards with Craig Noone and Will Buckley coming on for Ameobi and Armstrong.

Buckley pulled a goal back for Wanderers after 74 minutes after being put through by Madine following some sloppy play by the Wolves defence.

Wanderers made another attacking substitution – their final of the afternoon – with Adam Le Fondre coming on for captain Darren Pratley.

Any hopes of Wanderers getting back into the contest were soon dashed when Cavaleiro thundered his second beyond Alnwick to make it four for the hosts.

Alnwick’s kick went straight to a Wolves player and immediately out his defence on the hop. Cavaleiro evaded several tackles before picking his spot to power past the Wanderers keeper.

Jota made it five with four minutes to go after a swift counter attack saw him place the ball underneath Alnwick.

Full Time

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

24Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Sun Nov 26 2017, 13:05

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Boggersbelief wrote:We’re a team patched together, restricted by embargoes and being totally skint. How anyone expects us to compete against a side that spend £20+ million in the summer is beyond me.

Definitely aren’t the worst side in this league and I think we’ll stay up just about though sheer effort and team spirit
Doesn't matter what the circumstances of our situation is.... we are dead bottom on November 26th.....and that unfortunately means we are the worst team in the league today.
Wolves will have harder games against lower teams than us (FA Cup etc.).....I feel like Parky went there with a loss in mind. There was no "lets have a good old go at them". Such as Mugson yesterday with West Brom.
Still plenty of games left so living in hope I suppose.

25Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Sun Nov 26 2017, 13:41

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:We'll be lucky to get away without conceding at least 4, it's so annoying reading the empty words spouted by Parkinson, there's not a snowball in hells chance he can change his style as he is so limited in ability.
Called it!!!!

26Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Sun Nov 26 2017, 13:44

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

No excuses for that shite, fuck off Parky !!! Mad Mad Mad

27Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Sun Nov 26 2017, 15:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bryan458 wrote:No excuses for that shite, fuck off Parky !!! Mad Mad Mad
I think you'll find that there were plenty of excuses in his post match conference. They just weren't very good ones. He (as predicted) went on about how good Wolves were and how much money they had spent. Problem is that he knew both those things before the match started and didn't have any answers.

28Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Sun Nov 26 2017, 15:58

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
bryan458 wrote:No excuses for that shite, fuck off Parky !!! Mad Mad Mad
I think you'll find that there were plenty of excuses in his post match conference. They just weren't very good ones. He (as predicted) went on about how good Wolves were and how much money they had spent. Problem is that he knew both those things before the match started and didn't have any answers.
Therein lies the problem.

29Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Sun Nov 26 2017, 19:02

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've just sat through the Wolves goals again and there's nothing particularly great about any of them. They're all easily defended by anyone half competent could have dealt with them.

Interested to know what everyone thinks our best defensive line-up is?

30Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Tue Nov 28 2017, 16:37

I went on Saturday and 5-1 was flattering to Wolves. 

No we didn't play well, we didn't create any clear cut chances and couldn't keep up with Wolves dynamic forward play, but having said that it's not really a surprise is it. Wolves are the exception rather than the rule in this division and they'll make better teams than us look bad. 

The criticism of Parky is unfathomable, the man is being asked to do a job with two hands tied behind his back, he got us on a good unbeaten run which could have been even better with just a little more quality in key moments, seeing it break here is no surprise to anyone - but we should not judge him on that, let's wait and see how we perform against Barnsley. We're better this season than we were under Lennon IMO, maybe that won't be enough to stay up, but Parky has shown enough to be given a chance to try.

31Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 08:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sorry but he does deserve some criticism, yes we were unbeaten in 7 games but threw away so many points due to his sitting back tactics and inability to change his tactics.

32Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 10:23

He's adapted multiple times in his time with us after losing key players, don't forget when we first started in league 1 he had Mark Davies playing a key creative role then lost him permanently, swiftly followed by losing Pratley for most of the season. 

The loss of ‘quality’ like the above was covered by Clough and Ameobi, we went on another good run then he lost them. We wobbled but he got us back on a run putting Vela in a more creative role, finding a way to win games and get us promoted.

We had a terrible start in the Championship but he found a way to grind out results and we got on a good run, only broken by an excellent Wolves side.

All of the above done with next to no money.

He plays a direct game, what do you expect with workhorses like Pratley and Henry in midfield and Madine up front? It would be madness to play any other way, you play to your strengths.

It’s just the latest criticism of a manager who for some reason a lot of fans have never really taken to. We are at a massive disadvantage in this league, but he’s made us competitive. If we don’t get a results against Barnsley Saturday criticism is well deserved, but let’s wait and see.

33Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 10:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're all fair points above but it's his whole negative mentality that annoys me. I have no issue with playing direct if we win but as soon as we get a lead he wants to sit on it and it plainly doesn't work, the prime example being the Reading game.

34Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 10:54

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:There all fair points above but it's his whole negative mentality that annoys me. I have no issue with playing direct if we win but as soon as we get a lead he wants to sit on it and it plainly doesn't work, the prime example being the Reading game.
Agree with this wholeheartedly, Parkinson is a very poor mans Freedman, it's obvious we have the players to get us up the league, unfortunately we have a manager that tactically inept and at best mid-table league 1 mentality, we're going nowhere with him in charge, I'd plump for Jones at Luton if I was KA.

35Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:11

Norpig wrote:They're all fair points above but it's his whole negative mentality that annoys me. I have no issue with playing direct if we win but as soon as we get a lead he wants to sit on it and it plainly doesn't work, the prime example being the Reading game.

Ye fair enough, I wasn't at the Reading game so can't comment but he certainly can be overly cautious. This team is seriously limited though, we aren't going to go out and win games by dominating the opposition and having 90% possession, it's about hard work and being organised. 

The result against Wolves was flattering for them because Alnwick had a howler (not that we'd have run them close had he not but you see my point).

I said when we got relegated last time that fitness and organisation were the absolute minimum any championship team should have, and we didn't. 

We do under Parkinson though and that's why we can nick results in spite of a lack of quality. The fans need to give him a break in my opinion.

36Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:12

MartinBWFC wrote:Agree with this wholeheartedly, Parkinson is a very poor mans Freedman, it's obvious we have the players to get us up the league, unfortunately we have a manager that tactically inept and at best mid-table league 1 mentality, we're going nowhere with him in charge, I'd plump for Jones at Luton if I was KA.

Go on then, how is it obvious we have the players to get us up the league? Who in this team has performed consistently well in the Championship?

37Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As if you think freedman is a better manager than Parky

38Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
Norpig wrote:There all fair points above but it's his whole negative mentality that annoys me. I have no issue with playing direct if we win but as soon as we get a lead he wants to sit on it and it plainly doesn't work, the prime example being the Reading game.
Agree with this wholeheartedly, Parkinson is a very poor mans Freedman, it's obvious we have the players to get us up the league, unfortunately we have a manager that tactically inept and at best mid-table league 1 mentality, we're going nowhere with him in charge, I'd plump for Jones at Luton if I was KA.
I don't think we do have the players to get us up this league or at least not far up - we have too many in the twilight of their career and an asthmatic so we aren't athletic enough to maintain a higher press, hence giving away possession and inviting pressure. Partly started the season trying to get a grip in midfield on his own  and we got murdered so it made sense from a defensive perspective to bring in Henry and sit them both deeper, but that just created a different set of problems.
I understand Parky's in a difficult position, but I agree that on the occasions we've managed to grab a lead we've retrenched too soon but I doubt that the players have the athleticism to keep up the high tempo for 90 minutes so it's a mess. We have athletes in the U23 and U18 teams but they won't be risked/aren't deemed good enough yet so in my mind, we need new, more athletic blood and I suspect that the only way we'll get that whilst Anderson is in charge is to find quality loanees that are willing to play for us.

39Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:24

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:As if you think freedman is a better manager than Parky
I do yes, but not by much, he's never managed below championship though so yes I'd say he was.

40Wolves 5-1 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Wolves 5-1 Bolton Wed Nov 29 2017, 11:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[quote="wanderlust"]
MartinBWFC wrote: ...we have too many in the twilight of their career and an asthmatic so we aren't athletic enough .

What's your issue with Ameobi having asthma (not the first time you've highlighted it recently) - didn't give these two any problem!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nor these other athletes -

Or were you just making shit up again to try prove a point you were making?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum